PDA

View Full Version : Apex DCAEK on M&P

m&pstrapped
08-31-11, 16:03
I am purchasing this trigger for my Mass Compliant M&P .40c. My question is, should I install everything that is include? Is there any benefit to keeping the original spring?

dhunley1
08-31-11, 16:27
Which spring are you referring to? The trigger or sear spring?

C4IGrant
08-31-11, 16:56
I am purchasing this trigger for my Mass Compliant M&P .40c. My question is, should I install everything that is include? Is there any benefit to keeping the original spring?

Use all the springs provided.

C4

Hmac
08-31-11, 17:11

The DCAEK is a great upgrade. HUGE difference in my trigger. I didn't install the trigger return spring from the kit and I get about a 4.5 lb, nice crisp trigger pull. Adding the heavier trigger return spring from the DCAEK will take it to about 5.5 lbs. Lighter than stock with shorter overtravel and more positive return. For a duty gun, the heavier trigger pull might be desirable. I didn't desire it, liked it better without the spring.

dhunley1
08-31-11, 17:21
The DCAEK is a great upgrade. HUGE difference in my trigger. I didn't install the trigger return spring from the kit and I get about a 4.5 lb, nice crisp trigger pull. Adding the heavier trigger return spring from the DCAEK will take it to about 5.5 lbs. Lighter than stock with shorter overtravel and more positive return. For a duty gun, the heavier trigger pull might be desirable. I didn't desire it, liked it better without the spring.

The OP has a Mass Compliant M&P. The factory trigger spring is going to be heavier than the one supplied with the DCAEK.

I with you though. I decided to take out the Apex trigger spring and put the factory spring back in my 9c. It breaks just below 4.5lbs and I absolutely love it.

Hmac
08-31-11, 18:18
The OP has a Mass Compliant M&P. The factory trigger spring is going to be heavier than the one supplied with the DCAEK.

Yeh, I don't know about Massachusetts trigger requirements. I do know that at least some LE organizations won't go for a trigger that light. And if I were going to carry my M&P, I'd probably install the heavier spring.

m&pstrapped
08-31-11, 19:27
I apologize for not being clear in my original post. I have a mass compliant version but I'm in Texas so no need for this terrible 10lbs trigger.

I have heard some say since it is Mass compliant I should keep the original trigger return spring. I'm to new to all of this to really understand why I should or shouldn't use all the parts that come with the kit. This is my EDC. I am pretty happy with the trigger on my FS .40 but I can't live with a 10lbs trigger in my compact. Without being real sure how heavy a trigger pull is on a non mass compliant M&P that has 2-3k rds through it but I would guess around 5lbs? I would like to have something similar on my compact.

Is there any reliability or durability issues with using all parts versus using some of the parts?

dhunley1
09-01-11, 11:07
I apologize for not being clear in my original post. I have a mass compliant version but I'm in Texas so no need for this terrible 10lbs trigger.

I have heard some say since it is Mass compliant I should keep the original trigger return spring. I'm to new to all of this to really understand why I should or shouldn't use all the parts that come with the kit. This is my EDC. I am pretty happy with the trigger on my FS .40 but I can't live with a 10lbs trigger in my compact. Without being real sure how heavy a trigger pull is on a non mass compliant M&P that has 2-3k rds through it but I would guess around 5lbs? I would like to have something similar on my compact.

Is there any reliability or durability issues with using all parts versus using some of the parts?

I would install the whole kit if I were you. It should bring your pull weight down to around 5.5lbs. I'm not sure where it would be with the MA trigger spring left in but I imagine you would probably be closer to 6.5lbs, but I could be wrong.

SGB
09-02-11, 04:11
As others have said use the whole kit.

Hmac
09-02-11, 07:05
Yeh, if a Massachusetts trigger spring is indeed heavier, using the trigger return spring from the DCAEK will decrease the trigger pull from stock. I'd guess 5.5 lbs too, based on my experience with the kit, and consistent Randy Lee's observations in his DCAEK install video on YouTube.

m&pstrapped
09-02-11, 07:38
I ordered the kit and I plan on installing all parts.

Thanks again for the info!