PDA

View Full Version : M&P 45 sights

Phillygunguy
09-01-11, 16:14
So I got a new SW M&P 45 I love this gun but the damn sights keep moving when I shoot,Anyone else have this problem? Are there different sights on the compact M&P pistols? because when I took it back to the dealer he said that it might be the case

Wiggity
09-01-11, 16:15
Well first off, how do you know the sights are moving?

Phillygunguy
09-01-11, 16:19
because when i look the rear sight is far over to the left which was not where it was before I started shooting

LorenzoS
09-01-11, 16:32
Call Smith & Wesson, they will fix it under warranty and even send you a shipping label so it won't cost you anything.

Phillygunguy
09-01-11, 16:36
Yeah that's what I was afraid of I hate buying a new gun only having to send it back. Actually the dealer said they will call the Smith & Wesson rep tomorrow so Ill probably leave it with them

BaronFitz
09-01-11, 17:12
It happened to my wife's M&P 9. The little allen or torx screw that holds the rear sight in place wasn't loctited from the factory. Fortunately I noticed it before she took the gun to a class we took together.

I ended up putting new sights on it and the armorer properly secured the rear sight.

NeoNeanderthal
09-01-11, 17:29
If I had a new gun, I couldn't wait the time needed to send it in to have that fixed. Just take out the set screw, lock tight it real good, tap the sight so it looks centered. Then tighten it (dont torque it down). and shoot it to make sure it truly is centered. Then just torque it down. 10 minutes of work tops. It will take you longer to walk to the end of the driveway and drop it in the mail.

make sure when you tap the rear sight to use wood or plastic, not metal so it doesnt mar.

LorenzoS
09-02-11, 10:58
Yeah that's what I was afraid of I hate buying a new gun only having to send it back. Actually the dealer said they will call the Smith & Wesson rep tomorrow so Ill probably leave it with themWhen I sent S&W my M&P for warranty work they emailed me a shipping label then the gun took 2 days to get there, they had it 1 day, and 2 days back. I would have preferred not having the hassle in the first place but I give them credit for handling it as efficiently as possible.

This is probably an easy fix but if you're not comfortable doing it yourself I would just go through S&W.

Phillygunguy
09-02-11, 16:19
I'm no gun smith and I already tried putting the front sight in place but with no idea how to get it properly aligned as well as the rear sight so
I went and talked to the dealer who called Smith &Wesson and they suggested I send the slide to them so I did I went through the dealer where I bought it so no idiot tries to steal it from my mail when its returned . I also told them to tell SW I was pissed and they should at least compensate me for my misfortune, maybe another mag or something we shall see Ill be posting when it comes back with the results Frustrated but I want my sh** done right

Phillygunguy
09-28-11, 12:22
Well Finally got my M&P from SW and sights are good as new PITA to happen in the first place, but at least they did their job

Plato
09-28-11, 17:53
I hate the stock M&P sights which is why I quickly change them out for 10-8 sights.

dc202
09-28-11, 21:25
Personally I would take a look at Ameriglo Pro sights. I find them much better than the stock ones on my M&P 45 (as well as on my other three M&Ps).

Phillygunguy
09-29-11, 18:31
Maybe ill look at changing sights down the line but for now I'm just happy to have it back :)