PDA

View Full Version : Diamondback Tactical: Where did they go?

norbis
09-03-11, 21:07
Anybody know what happened to DBT? Their website is linked to another one with little content, also there is an unusual amount of their product on ebay. I hope they will be back soon, I really liked their kit and customer service.

ICANHITHIMMAN
09-03-11, 21:18
good question I check every week or so. I sent them an email before the site went down and the girl said they were just making upgraded that was a month ago. But who knows

SPARTAN HOPLITE ARMS
09-03-11, 21:19
Anybody know what happened to DBT? Their website is linked to another one with little content, also there is an unusual amount of their product on ebay. I hope they will be back soon, I really liked their kit and customer service.

They have restructured since acquiring First Choice armor in 2010. They're going to concentrate on armor production instead of distribution apparently but it'll probably be a while before the new site is up while they're integrating with First Choice. I doubt they'll go away.

norbis
09-03-11, 21:48
They have restructured since acquiring First Choice armor in 2010. They're going to concentrate on armor production instead of distribution apparently but it'll probably be a while before the new site is up while they're integrating with First Choice. I doubt they'll go away.
Hopefully they keep their nylon line up, its my go to place if I need an X product for a Y piece of gear.
That was too much algebra.

NongShim
09-03-11, 21:54
The guy who owned them sold it and started Tyr Tactical.

TehLlama
09-04-11, 21:35
A ton of their nylon gear has been wholesaled on eBay, probably more of it waiting to see the same, unless some distributor has snapped it up.

I really do miss their tac nylon (stuff like the MOLLE H-links, ALS MOLLE adaptor, and I still have tons of random pouches).

I figure profit margins have to be much better on the armor side of the house, since they were closing out the tactical nylon on a pretty frequent basis, and like the rest of the industry got hosed by zero demand for ACU/ABU

variablebinary
09-05-11, 00:06
The guy who owned them sold it and started Tyr Tactical.

Serious? That's pretty cool to know.

A ton of their nylon gear has been wholesaled on eBay, probably more of it waiting to see the same, unless some distributor has snapped it up.

A gun show I went to not all that long ago had a vendor with wads of DBT gear in ACU. I was wondering what the deal was. Now I know.

docsherm
09-05-11, 01:15
I got a bunch of extra pouches off eBay. Paid between $6 and $12 for them. All new with tags. Not a bad deal. You can always use a few extra mag and GP pouches. The selection is getting thin now. Mostly ACU and ABU, I guess the Airsofters don't even like that crap now. :jester:

soldiersystems
09-05-11, 12:29
I don't expect to see them in the nylon game. They are bing real coy about it but essentially, all DBT is at this point is First Choice with a new name. Everything that was DBT is gone except the name.

Armati
09-08-11, 21:33
Damn, I really wanted to get some of there shoulder armor. Given that you must have shoulder straps, the might as well be armored.

soldiersystems
09-08-11, 22:05
Armor, on the other hand, you might be able to get. Take a look at their website.