PDA

View Full Version : Glock Gen4 slide conversions

xcibes
09-03-11, 22:57
Ok, here it is, I am sick and tired of seeing how Glock has self-destructed with the Gen4 pistols. And what really pisses me off more than anything is that I have been waiting for years for the adjustable backstrap feature to be included in new Glocks and now that they have it, the guns cannot be trusted to be reliable.

Ideally, Glock would use the Gen4 frame with a Gen3 slide and the old Gen3 extractor but that is not going to happen as people at Gock seem to have their heads up their asses and are in complete denial about any issues.

I am not a gunsmith, nor do I play one on TV, but I was thinking that one could convert a Gen4 slide back to Gen3...perhaps... I do not have a Gen4 available so I cannot directly compare and I do not know if the berrels are interchangeable between Gen3 and Gen4 pistols of the same designation. If so, then I would try to weld the RSA hole on the gen4 pistol and re-drill the hole that would fit the old RSA. I believe it would also need to be scalloped to match the gen3 slides. I would then replace the extractor with the old gen3 version.

Now, why can this not be done?

BTS
09-04-11, 09:56
I have used one of these adapters (http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=175306&TERM=recoil%20spring%20adapter) from Lone Wolf for my Gen 4 G19. It runs fine with either the Gen 3 spring or the Gen 4 RSA. Cheaper (and less risk) than welding and gives me the options to run either spring.

I'm convinced that the RSA plays less of a part in the problems with Gen 4s (and late Gen 3s) than the extractor and/or ejector.