PDA

View Full Version : M&P .45 trigger movement.

jrmymiles
09-04-11, 09:24
Well, I finally jumped on the M&P bandwagon. Found a used full size .45 with night sights for $400.00. This thing looks as if it has less than 100 rounds thru it. Got it to the range and ran 300 rounds thru it. I love the thing......but I noticed that there is a little play in the trigger at the joint. Just a little back and forth movement. Is this normal? I figure that it is nothing, but thought I might ask. The M&P population here seems to be quite high!

Dos Cylindros
09-04-11, 10:34
I'm not sure what you are describing, but neither of my M&P 45's (one full size and one compact) have play in the trigger joint. I don't think it is much of a concern as that is not a finely fit area. If you think there is an issue, Smith will take care of it no problem. You could alse very easily order a new trigger/trigger bar unit from a place like Brownells or Speed Shooters Specialties and drop it in yourself.

ruchik
09-04-11, 14:09
Yup, perfectly normal. That play is there so that when you start pulling the trigger, there's enough room for the safety nub on the lower half of the trigger to move out of the way before the entire trigger moves backwards.

jrmymiles
09-05-11, 16:29
Its kinda hard to explain. If you hold the gun and aim down range. The trigger has movement from left to right at the joint. Not much but some. I am assuming that this is normal. Obviously I understand that the trigger bends at this joint when firing. Just dont think it should move the opposite direction. The gun fires fine so im not going to worry about it. Just curious if this was normal.

Apollo11
09-05-11, 16:59
Normal, don't give it a second thought. Great platform you got yourself on, congrats!

Dos Cylindros
09-05-11, 18:10
I just checked both of my M&P 45's and did find a bit of side to side "wiggle" at the trigger joint. I just think it is part of the design, and I don't forsee any issues with it, as it appears to be normal.

jrmymiles
09-05-11, 20:22
Thanks guys. Pretty sweet shooting gun.:)

jtsikes0204
09-06-11, 04:52
My .40 does the same thing....love the ergo of this gun....good high grip!!

dhunley1
09-06-11, 12:12
Like others have mentioned, It's normal and not an issue. I love my .45fs! Enjoy!

Gary1911A1
09-06-11, 14:03
Unless your trigger is moving sideways beyond the trigger guard I think what you are describing is normal play I have in my M&P 45.