PDA

View Full Version : ClassWarfareItsComing

platoonDaddy
09-04-11, 09:48
Red & Anarchist Action Network Protester on Class Warfare: "It's Coming! Get Ready! All You F**king Tea-Party-Baggers!"

http://mrctv.org/blog/red-anarchist-action-network-protester-class-warfare-its-coming-get-ready-all-you-fking-tea-party-baggers

Littlelebowski
09-04-11, 11:01
Not a credible threat. Just a dumbass.

The real class warfare will be taxes and regulations on the working private citizens as practiced by the unionized public servants.

SteyrAUG
09-04-11, 12:44
We couldn't get that lucky.

This is about as significant as Aryan Nations declaring RAHOWA.

platoonDaddy
09-04-11, 12:57
What concerns me is there timeline: they have been around at least documented by the following site since 2002 & growing.

http://www.redanarchist.org/history/index.html

My grandaddy who was from the oldCountry loved too say "Anarchists have there place in society and "We The People" will cut their balls off.

variablebinary
09-04-11, 13:15
There already is class warfare.

From my perspective, I have a great deal of respect for a man that builds up something from nothing, and becomes wealthy because of hard work, creativity, and determination.

But some turd whose only claim to fame is having a family name that gets him into Harvard and some cushy middle management scumbag gig at some corporation, where his sole purpose is to off shore jobs, and piss all over America for "emerging markets". I'd like to punch those guys in the face.

Belmont31R
09-04-11, 13:27
Middle class and small business owners are always the ones most hurt by class warfare. The rich and big business have ways of shielding their money and can buy off politicians for tax breaks. Its the guy who employs 5-20 people, and middle class families who see the biggest harm done.

Once the middle class is punished enough all you have is 90% poor and 10% uber rich.

SteyrAUG
09-04-11, 14:12
There already is class warfare.

From my perspective, I have a great deal of respect for a man that builds up something from nothing, and becomes wealthy because of hard work, creativity, and determination.

But some turd whose only claim to fame is having a family name that gets him into Harvard and some cushy middle management scumbag gig at some corporation, where his sole purpose is to off shore jobs, and piss all over America for "emerging markets". I'd like to punch those guys in the face.

While I have no love for people who outsource America, I have no resentment towards those born privileged.

I didn't do anything to "earn" being born here rather than Africa, but I'm damn glad I was. I am privileged. It is no different from being born with the capacity to be attractive or intelligent. Some are, some aren't and it isn't something earned.

Being born into a "good family" is just another kind of unearned advantage. It makes one lucky, you can be a good person or a bad person. While I may at times envy those who didn't have to "work at it" I don't typically hate them or resent them for it.

Littlelebowski
09-04-11, 14:33
It's not as simple as stereotyping the eeevil MBA for outsourcing America's jobs. Enact some of the highest corporate taxes in the world, moronic EPA regulations, and stupid union shit like this (http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/2011/0510/Boeing-s-South-Carolina-move-Illegal-union-bashing-or-just-good-business), and watch Atlas shrug.

There's a reason the Big Three went bankrupt while building some of their cars in the US and Toyota/BMW/Honda all seem to be able to build cars and employ Americans in right to work states.

variablebinary
09-04-11, 14:41
While I have no love for people who outsource America, I have no resentment towards those born privileged.

I didn't do anything to "earn" being born here rather than Africa, but I'm damn glad I was. I am privileged. It is no different from being born with the capacity to be attractive or intelligent. Some are, some aren't and it isn't something earned.

Being born into a "good family" is just another kind of unearned advantage. It makes one lucky, you can be a good person or a bad person. While I may at times envy those who didn't have to "work at it" I don't typically hate them or resent them for it.

Let's not pretend Paris Hilton is the same as Jeffrey Immelt, despite both being born with some money.

variablebinary
09-04-11, 14:48
Enact some of the highest corporate taxes in the world...

Yeah, I can see how that could be a problem

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/25/business/economy/25tax.html?pagewanted=all

G.E.’s Strategies Let It Avoid Taxes Altogether
By DAVID KOCIENIEWSKI

General Electric, the nation’s largest corporation, had a very good year in 2010.

The company reported worldwide profits of $14.2 billion, and said $5.1 billion of the total came from its operations in the United States.

Its American tax bill? None. In fact, G.E. claimed a tax benefit of $3.2 billion.

That may be hard to fathom for the millions of American business owners and households now preparing their own returns, but low taxes are nothing new for G.E. The company has been cutting the percentage of its American profits paid to the Internal Revenue Service for years, resulting in a far lower rate than at most multinational companies.

SteyrAUG
09-04-11, 17:40
Let's not pretend Paris Hilton is the same as Jeffrey Immelt, despite both being born with some money.

I'm not. I just don't hate either one for being born fortunate. Plenty of other perfectly valid reasons to hate people out there.

platoonDaddy
09-04-11, 19:27
Yeah, I can see how that could be a problem

This happens because of the repressive corporate income tax (highest in the world), very understandable.

variablebinary
09-04-11, 20:44
This happens because of the repressive corporate income tax (highest in the world), very understandable.

Yeah, our tax code is so repressive, we could drop it down to zero so GE can pay zero taxes like it did last year. I'm sure that will inspire GE to bring thousands of jobs back to the USA.

platoonDaddy
09-04-11, 21:15
Yeah, our tax code is so repressive, we could drop it down to zero so GE can pay zero taxes like it did last year. I'm sure that will inspire GE to bring thousands of jobs back to the USA.

I Rest My Case!

Abraxas
09-04-11, 21:31

Taxes are a huge part but not the only part

Sensei
09-05-11, 03:15

GE's situation is unique to large, multinational corporations that can use foreign taxes to write-off certain US taxes. Our tax code is repressive when you consider its effects on medium and small corporations that are largely domestic and cannot write-off foreign taxes. It is these medium and small businesses that are the backbone of the US economy - not the big boys such as GE, Exxon, BOA, etc. However, new business regulations (i.e. Dodd-Frank and Obamacare) which affect all corporations are just as important as the tax code for America's current economic morass.

Moose-Knuckle
09-05-11, 03:50
Back to topic. . .

‘This Is WAR’ — Congressional Black Caucus Travels US Cities Using Violent Rhetoric: Declares ‘War’ on Racist Tea Party, Says Tea Party Wants to Lynch Blacks, Calls for Bank Runs, Civil Unrest in Their Neighborhoods and Homes

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/this-is-war-congressional-black-caucus-travels-us-cities-using-violent-rhetoric-declares-war-on-racist-tea-party-says-tea-party-wants-to-lynch-blacks-calls-for-bank-runs-civil-unrest-in-th/

Nancy’s Crazy Class War Conspiracies: The Rich Won’t Pay Taxes Because They Want to Be Immortal, GOP Hates Kids & Keeps Wages Low to Force People to Pay Bank Fees

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/nancys-crazy-class-war-conspiracies-the-rich-wont-pay-taxes-because-they-want-to-be-immortal-gop-hates-kids-keeps-wages-low-to-force-people-to-pay-bank-fees/

The Nation (”Mobilizing the Jobless,” January 10/17, 2011 edition)

“So where are the angry crowds, the demonstrations, sit-ins and unruly mobs? After all, the injustice is apparent. Working people are losing their homes and their pensions while robber-baron CEOs report renewed profits and windfall bonuses. Shouldn’t the unemployed be on the march? Why aren’t they demanding enhanced safety net protections and big initiatives to generate jobs?”
- Francis Fox Piven

NWPilgrim
09-05-11, 03:54
GE's situation is unique to large, multinational corporations that can use foreign taxes to write-off certain US taxes. Our tax code is repressive when you consider its effects on medium and small corporations that are largely domestic and cannot write-off foreign taxes. It is these medium and small businesses that are the backbone of the US economy - not the big boys such as GE, Exxon, BOA, etc. However, new business regulations (i.e. Dodd-Frank and Obamacare) which affect all corporations are just as important as the tax code for America's current economic morass.

Exactly. A strictly US based corporation would not be able to dodge the ball by shifting profits overseas. Once the tax burden gets too much then companies seek strategies to avoid them altogether. They can still run marketing and some manufacturing in the US, but they could ship to subsidiaries in Mexico, India, China for final assembly and sales. The foreign units make the profit under that countries tax code and the US sales are balanced out by "losses" for operations overhead, charitable giving, etc.

Just like for individuals. A low tax rate and few will other trying to hide or avoid their taxes. Make the tax rate too high and it now becomes worth doing some pretty drastic stuff, like hiring a team of tax attorneys, to find ways to avoid the taxes entirely. I believe this is one, and just one, of the many factors that Enron employed to beef up their bottom line out of vapor, only they did in kind of in reverse to show more profitability. How did that shell game work out?

The global bankers would like nothing better than for the "rabble" (everyone but them) to tear each other apart and forget why things are falling apart. All they want is for us not to default on our debts to them, and bail them out when risks come back to bite them in the ass. If we keep shoveling our money to the bankers then they don;t mind if we kill each other over class warfare, or race riots, or lynching politicians. As long as we leave the bankers alone.

Littlelebowski
09-05-11, 05:34

So, what is your solution, fellow Ron Paul supporter? Protectionist tariffs? More gov't control of businesses? Tell CEOs how much they can be paid?

I understand your anger but it's not all the evil MBA. It's telling that foreign companies build factories in right to work states and give Americans good jobs at good wages. And then we have Gibson Guitars, Boeing, GM, Chrysler, etc.....

variablebinary
09-05-11, 06:26
So, what is your solution, fellow Ron Paul supporter? Protectionist tariffs? More gov't control of businesses? Tell CEOs how much they can be paid?

1. Abolish the income tax, and tax every drop of consumption at the same rate. You buy it, you get taxed. Doesn't matter what it is, you get taxed the same rate as everyone else, corporate or otherwise. No exceptions, no exemptions. No more than 40% of all materials can be purchased overseas.

2. You get a tax benefit for hiring someone born in the USA.

3. Abolish H1B visas, or charge $100k per sponsorship bi-annually.

4. Abolish NAFTA

5. Make Golden Parachutes taxable at 90% to cover unemployment medical, and education costs. If a company fails and 10,000 workers are put on the street, the officers need to be held accountable in the only way that really matters to a corporate demon. Persons that actually created the company and built it up with their hands and innovation would be exempt as would people like Michael Eisner, who left his company $29B richer before stepping down. He earned his pay.

But scumbags like Michael Ovitz, Carly Fiorina, Charles Prince, and Stanley O'Neal should take it in the ass as much as possible for wrecking companies and leaving the tax payer to pick up the tab.

6. No bailouts ever, for any company for any reason. You fail, you fail.

7. Fine any business hiring illegals, knowingly or otherwise, $100k per illegal.

ralph
09-05-11, 07:12
1. Abolish the income tax, and tax every drop of consumption at the same rate. You buy it, you get taxed. Doesn't matter what it is, you get taxed the same rate as everyone else, corporate or otherwise. No exceptions, no exemptions. No more than 40% of all materials can be purchased overseas.

2. You get a tax benefit for hiring someone born in the USA.

3. Abolish H1B visas, or charge $100k per sponsorship bi-annually.

4. Abolish NAFTA

5. Make Golden Parachutes taxable at 90% to cover unemployment medical, and education costs. If a company fails and 10,000 workers are put on the street, the officers need to be held accountable in the only way that really matters to a corporate demon. Persons that actually created the company and built it up with their hands and innovation would be exempt as would people like Michael Eisner, who left his company $29B richer before stepping down. He earned his pay.

But scumbags like Michael Ovitz, Carly Fiorina, Charles Prince, and Stanley O'Neal should take it in the ass as much as possible for wrecking companies and leaving the tax payer to pick up the tab.

7. Fine any business hiring illegals, knowingly or otherwise, $100k per illegal.

I like this,...alot...It would'nt solve everything, but would go a long,long way towards that. Might I add, term limits to all members of the house/senate as well. They're a large part of the problem, limit the amount of time they can stay in office and you'll limit the amount of damage they can do..(I know it's a dream) Let's face it.. there damn few of them that actually care about this country, So, why keep them any longer than nessessary?

Littlelebowski
09-05-11, 07:20
How does one define "Golden Parachute?" I'm genuinely curious as to how that would be defined legally.

I'm surprised you didn't mention unions, VB.

platoonDaddy
09-05-11, 14:01
adding tinder to class warfare:

President Obama, this is your army. We are ready to march. Let's take these son of bitches out and give America back to an America where we belong," Hoffa added.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/09/05/jimmy_hoffa_at_obama_event_on_gop_lets_take_these_son_of_bitches_out.html

GermanSynergy
09-05-11, 14:38

President Obama, this is your army. We are ready to march. Let's take these son of bitches out and give America back to an America where we belong," Hoffa added.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/09/05/jimmy_hoffa_at_obama_event_on_gop_lets_take_these_son_of_bitches_out.html

I thought only Republican obstructionists and Tea Party terrorists talked this way? :D

Jellybean
09-05-11, 16:15

And then they complain about people being influenced by fiery violent rhetoric....:rolleyes:

Seriously though, what the hell is it with the TP? Seems like all of a sudden they're to blame for all the world's problems. I would dearly appreciate a no-bs rundown on this.

Rmplstlskn
09-05-11, 16:22
It is indeed being turned up... I suspect out of desperation by their losses and ineffectiveness... Which makes this an ever more dangerous time...

Rmpl

platoonDaddy
09-05-11, 17:26
It is indeed being turned up... I suspect out of desperation by their losses and ineffectiveness... Which makes this an ever more dangerous time...

Rmpl

The Boy Scout Motto "Be Prepared!"

My motto "Lock-N-Load"

Slug Joe Biden to union thugs in Ohio – “You Are The Only Folks Keeping The Barbarians From the Gates”

http://www.fireandreamitchell.com/2011/09/05/slug-joe-biden-to-union-thugs-in-ohio-you-are-the-only-folks-keeping-the-barbarians-from-the-gates/#more-26687

Race Hustler theRev - Jesse Jackson calls the Tea Party “Fort Sumter” – claims opposition is like a Civil Rights Struggle

http://www.fireandreamitchell.com/2011/09/05/jesse-jackson-calls-the-tea-party-fort-sumter-claims-opposition-is-like-a-civil-rights-struggle/#more-26676

Caeser25
09-05-11, 20:13

No chance in hell while the Federal Reserve is still around. Afterall that's why it was created. To bail out those that are too big too fail all in the sake of protecting the taxpayer while stiffing them with the bill, I mean loss, through inflation instead of taxes.

HK51Fan
09-05-11, 20:14

I vehemently disagree with this. These American companies had a safe haven as far as political stability and economic stability in which to flourish. Now after they have used American resources to become "global' they want to park their money offshore to avoid having to pay taxes? What the Fuk is that about? This country was great because of the money it spent on it's military and infrastructure, now the companies who flourished want to pull this crap? I say we hit em with taxes and criminal charges with the shit they're pulling.
They need to pay their taxes and they need to support the American people. Not everything is about the bottom line......sometimes it is about doing the right thing.
We have the top tier people in most American Corps making 4000% ( that's right....3 zeros, 4000%) more than they did 20-25yrs ago and yet the average employee is making 30% less!? How the hell is that fair?
I'm all about being a libertarian, and a fiscal conservative, but if you want to use the flag of this country as a shield, but you don't want to pay your share for the privilege of being a US citizen then you can move your operations and then pay the import taxes and tariffs on your goods like any other foreign company.

kaiservontexas
09-05-11, 22:59
I vehemently disagree with this. These American companies had a safe haven as far as political stability and economic stability in which to flourish. Now after they have used American resources to become "global' they want to park their money offshore to avoid having to pay taxes? What the Fuk is that about? This country was great because of the money it spent on it's military and infrastructure, now the companies who flourished want to pull this crap? I say we hit em with taxes and criminal charges with the shit they're pulling.
They need to pay their taxes and they need to support the American people. Not everything is about the bottom line......sometimes it is about doing the right thing.
We have the top tier people in most American Corps making 4000% ( that's right....3 zeros, 4000%) more than they did 20-25yrs ago and yet the average employee is making 30% less!? How the hell is that fair?
I'm all about being a libertarian, and a fiscal conservative, but if you want to use the flag of this country as a shield, but you don't want to pay your share for the privilege of being a US citizen then you can move your operations and then pay the import taxes and tariffs on your goods like any other foreign company.

You do know some of what GE is making money off of is weaponry for this nation? I'm just saying. No it does not make all things proper, but it is not like they do nothing for the infrastructure or defense of this nation.

glocktogo
09-06-11, 15:57

GE didn't pay zero taxes. They paid somewhere around 10-15%. They just paid it to someone besides the US. Would you want to pay 35% in FICA alone, or would you prefer paying 10-15%? Not really a difficult choice now is it?

There's not a tax code you can create that a giant company with an army of lawyers and accountants can't twist up like a baloon animal. The only way you will get them to pay "their fair share" of taxes is to create a tax code that's lean, efficient and allows them a level playing field with their international counterparts. A corporate tax rate of 35% does not do this.

NWPilgrim
09-06-11, 16:39
There's not a tax code you can create that a giant company with an army of lawyers and accountants can't twist up like a baloon animal. The only way you will get them to pay "their fair share" of taxes is to create a tax code that's lean, efficient and allows them a level playing field with their international counterparts. A corporate tax rate of 35% does not do this.

Agree. The issue is not how do we use/finagle the current tax code to encourage or force companies to keep jobs in the US. It is how do we reform the tax code so companies WANT to keep jobs in the US? The only way to do that is to drastically lower federal spending so we do not NEED to confiscate so much tax revenues and rates can be much lower.

platoonDaddy
09-06-11, 17:37
You do know some of what GE is making money off of is weaponry for this nation? I'm just saying. No it does not make all things proper, but it is not like they do nothing for the infrastructure or defense of this nation.

Do you know who made the following comment:

A blueprint for keeping America competitive

Friday, January 21, 2011; 12:01 AM

President Obama has asked me to chair his new President's Council on Jobs and Competitiveness. I have served for the past two years on the President's Economic Recovery Advisory Board, and I look forward to leading the next phase of this effort as we transition from recovery to long-term growth. The president and I are committed to a candid and full dialogue among business, labor and government to help ensure that the United States has the most competitive and innovative economy in the world.

Redmanfms
09-06-11, 20:03
Do you know who made the following comment:

A blueprint for keeping America competitive

Friday, January 21, 2011; 12:01 AM

President Obama has asked me to chair his new President's Council on Jobs and Competitiveness. I have served for the past two years on the President's Economic Recovery Advisory Board, and I look forward to leading the next phase of this effort as we transition from recovery to long-term growth. The president and I are committed to a candid and full dialogue among business, labor and government to help ensure that the United States has the most competitive and innovative economy in the world.

I love how the Dumbs and their corporate moneymen act as if there has been a "recovery" and we need to "transition to long-term growth" when the unemployment rate is over 9% and the underemployed/no longer filing group pushes it to near 20%. Some ****ing recovery Obongo.:rolleyes:

I guess 9-10% unemployment and "growth" below inflation is the "new norm."

Ugh.

Honu
09-06-11, 22:02

like they are doing when they want to ship aviation jobs to China ? to me they are hurting this nation !

our light bulbs will now be soon all made in China ? hmmmm GE as a company sucks and dumb as Jefferey has lead it into the ground with his lefty ways and thinking

that kinda stuff for our infrastructure ? pentagon says its not info they want in Chinas hands old GE says OH ITS OK

any and all companies no matter what should pay their fare share

Mauser KAR98K
09-06-11, 22:15
Fair Tax. 24% on the dollar of retail goods, tax money going abroad, and 1% tariffs until the dollar is back where it is suppose to be, on top. Limit union powers to not bite the hand that feeds them. Enforce current consumer protection laws. And lastly, bring out the ole trust busting bate if companies start becoming the biggest shark in the pond (phone companies come to mind).

Kill the income tax, limit class warfare.

NWPilgrim
09-07-11, 00:47
24% is not a fair tax. A flat rate consumption tax may be fair (I like it), but 24% is what they want to keep at its current level. Government behavior will not change as long as they have tons of money to play with. Stop gorging the beast.

Fair tax of 10% and nobody would complain or try to evade. If not, we crash anyway so might as well leave it as is. The problem is not taxation, it is out of control spending that leads to every more govrnment and taxes.

BrianS
09-07-11, 01:12
Fair tax of 10% and nobody would complain or try to evade.

While I think a 10% fair tax for everyone would be awesome, you might be surprised at the wailing and moaning considering the number of Americans who pay nothing or get free money from the current system.

NWPilgrim
09-07-11, 01:53
While I think a 10% fair tax for everyone would be awesome, you might be surprised at the wailing and moaning considering the number of Americans who pay nothing or get free money from the current system.

Good point! No current taxpayers would complain but those not paying anything would ...gnash their teeth and riot.

variablebinary
09-07-11, 02:53

At the same time, most would be happy to see the immediate pay increase.

Figure even a guy that works at Taco Bell will see an extra $300 a month if the income tax is abolished.

BrianS
09-07-11, 03:36
At the same time, most would be happy to see the immediate pay increase.

Figure even a guy that works at Taco Bell will see an extra $300 a month if the income tax is abolished.

It's been awhile since I read the Fair Tax proposal that Neil Boortz promotes. I can't remember if that would also abolish all payroll taxes which is most of what comes out of a normal person's check or just the income tax withholding part. IIRC most of that would still have to be paid. But they would get to keep a bit more... and then pay more when they get goods and services.

As a person with no kids and not married I really take it in the shorts under the current system with very few deductions. Many people get a fat check at the end of the year or end up even.

Rider79
09-07-11, 04:24
Class warfare is coming?

Wish it would get here already.

Geez. :rolleyes:

platoonDaddy
09-08-11, 19:09
The moral of this story: don't pay any taxes and the prez will invite you into the VIP box.

Jeffrey Immelt, chairman of GE and head of the president's jobs council, tops the list of invited guests who will listen to Mr. Obama's speech from the first lady's box in the House chamber.

Mr. Immelt has been criticized for GE's plan to move the headquarters of its x-ray business to Beijing; Rep. Dennis J. Kucinich, Ohio Democrat, has even called on him to resign from his presidential post promoting U.S. jobs.

He will be joined in the box by Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, who raised the ire of neighbors earlier this year by erecting a security wall around the mayor's mansion. A local ordinance prohibits fences that exceed 42 inches in height.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/inside-politics/2011/sep/8/obama-invites-ges-immelt-jobs-speech/