PDA

View Full Version : First Build // Multicam Dipped

El Cid
09-04-11, 10:29
** updated pics on pg3 **

This was my first build and is my take on an SPR. Obviously the Aimpoint isn’t the intended glass, but until S&B releases the 1-8 Short Dot, it’ll have to do. I have an American Defense scope mount that was dipped just waiting for the S&B scope.

I put 40rds of 55gr and 20rds of 77gr through it to ensure it works properly at an indoor range. I hope to get to an outdoor range this month to zero the irons and Aimpoint. You will see in one of the photos that even a low round count is burning the finish around the gas block. There is also some wear from handling on the take down pins. Also, when installing the trigger and hammer pins they pushed some of the finish off around the hole. I’m not losing any sleep over this as the rifle was built to shoot/use, not display in a museum.

The dipper didn’t do the brake since he had seen it get burned off on other rifles he has done. Also, the receiver extension was sprayed in the base color, but not dipped to ensure the stock would move. Along the same thinking I asked him to dip just the portion of the charging handle that is visible. I didn’t have him dip the bbl nut as it’s completely hidden from view with the TRX and I didn’t want to affect the tolerances. I installed the ejection port door, mag catch, and bolt catch prior to dipping and it turned out fine. I installed the trigger after the dip.

I had a couple SF 6Z's and a Gear Sector mount dipped, but decided to use the X300 instead.

Now for what I learned from the dipping process:

- I had the gas block and tube mounted on the bbl when it was dipped. This created two problems. One, removing the gas block so I could install the bbl did remove some of the finish in front of it on the bbl. The other problem is that the water got in between and I had to remove some surface rust. I would recommend to anyone doing this, that if you want the bbl and gas block dipped, do them separately and just tape off the part of the bbl where the block will go. That said, as you see in the photos, much of this finish will burn off anyway so I would recommend not dipping the gas tube/block. Doing this over I would have the bbl coated in something like KG, Cerakote, etc.

- I had him dip a couple aluminum mags and a 30rd Pmag. The aluminum mags seem unaffected by the finish. The Pmag however will drop free on a closed bolt, but not if the bolt is locked back. If I ever get Pmags dipped in the future, I will have him tape off the area that is inside the magwell.

- The dipper didn’t tape off the front site post or the rear sight aperture. I will have to paint them black by hand, but it didn’t occur to me to mention that to him prior to the dip.

- Overall, I am very pleased with how the rifle turned out. Would I dip an entire rifle again? Not likely. If I did want to get a specific pattern, I would probably just have the furniture dipped (pistol grip, stock, handguards) and leave it at that.

Parts are as follows:
- Noveske Upper/Lower
- Lilja M4 Patrolman bbl, 1/8, 16.1”
- PWS 556 Brake
- Brownells Low Profile Gas Block
- YHM Gas Tube
- Troy TRX 15” Handguard
- Troy VFG
- Troy BUIS
- MIAD Grip
- Vltor Emod Stock Kit
- Young Mfg Hard Chrome BCG
- VTAC Padded Sling
- Surefire X300
- Tango Down Bipod
- G&R Tactical LPK
- Geissele SSA Trigger

Thanks for looking!

Packman73
09-04-11, 10:51
Man that looks so good. I need to find someone in Phoenix that'll dip one of my rifles...

mvician
09-04-11, 11:29
Very NICE :cool:

HaydenB
09-04-11, 11:32
Sweet rifle bro!

Keep us posted on how the dip holds up long term.

Also if you have access to a high power optic, some 10 shot groups would be awesome.

krgwag
09-04-11, 16:00
Nice rifle. What did it cost for the dipping?

SOWT
09-04-11, 18:44
Sweet rifle bro!

Keep us posted on how the dip holds up long term.

Also if you have access to a high power optic, some 10 shot groups would be awesome.

Ditto:

I am considering having my last rifle dipped, so I'd like to know how it holds up.

kest_01
09-04-11, 19:40
That is definitely one nice looking rifle

jdub75
09-04-11, 23:52
Holy kneeboarding Jesus thats nice!

El Cid
09-05-11, 07:04
Thanks guys! Sharkbite Custom did the work. He gave me a LE discount so I don't know his normal prices. Email Jerry off the website and he'll get back with you. He is very helpful and tries to make it perfect before it leaves his shop.

ApacheTactical
09-10-11, 21:50
you have put together a very nice looking rifle.

keson
09-11-11, 04:43
Very nice!

El Cid
10-24-11, 11:12
Update: Y'all wanted to see the wear over time. The rifle has 250+ rounds through it now. I've shot it in a couple local steel matches using the 9 hole wall, but I don't see any wear to the muzzle or front of the handguard.

There are some places that show wear as it's used. This is to be expected as this was never intended to be a safe queen. I still don't have any shot groups for you as I'm waiting on a variable power optic.

For the record, the holes around the trigger pins happened when I installed them. I also forgot to photograph the magazine catch button. It has wear on the sides where it enters the receiver. If you plan to do something like this, I would recommend getting upper/lower receivers that are cerakoted, or something similar in brown. You can see the impacts from empty shell casings are brutal on the finish. But if the receiver was tan underneath it would hardly be noticeable. Look at the TRX (it was FDE to start) and you can hardly see the chips at all.

On a more technical note, we tried a different buffer (H3) and a couple different springs (blue and red). Compared to the stock pieces that were in the Vltor kit, they made a noticeable difference in recoil. We couldn't tell the difference between the blue and red springs, but I plan to get an H3 buffer and blue spring.

I plan to run this rifle in a carbine/pistol class, so I'm sure there will be more wear to document on the finish in a couple months.

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/1039/mcarwear1023113.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/696/mcarwear1023113.jpg/)
http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/131/mcarwear102311.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/824/mcarwear102311.jpg/)

seabass
10-24-11, 11:41
That came out pretty good!

TMS951
10-24-11, 12:08
How hot did you get the barrel? Is it blistering under the hand gaurd at all?

El Cid
10-24-11, 12:18
Thanks seabass!

How hot did you get the barrel? Is it blistering under the hand gaurd at all?

Not that hot yet. I'm anxious to see how it looks after the carbine/pistol course! The blackening around the gas block doesn't look any more noticeable than after I first shot it (pic in top post).

BigBen66
10-24-11, 20:08
Great looking weapon !! Beats the hell out of blah black.

rezin23
10-24-11, 20:44
What did it cost to get that dipped?

El Cid
10-24-11, 20:51
Thanks guys! Prices for an entire AR are around $300. Not sure if I can post a link to the guy's business, so PM me if you want the details.

11am1a
10-25-11, 12:36
wow that is pretty awesome.

Failure2Stop
10-25-11, 15:10
Thanks guys! Prices for an entire AR are around $300. Not sure if I can post a link to the guy's business, so PM me if you want the details.

I'm giving you the thumbs up to post a link to the dipper.
This isn't a shill thread, it provides some good advice, and the dipper gives a "good guy" discount, all of which makes them head and shoulders above the garbage that some people hot-link to.

El Cid
10-25-11, 15:20
I'm giving you the thumbs up to post a link to the dipper.
This isn't a shill thread, it provides some good advice, and the dipper gives a "good guy" discount, all of which makes them head and shoulders above the garbage that some people hot-link to.

Roger that - thanks!

www.sharkbitecustom.com

Owner is former Air Force and an all around good bubba.

baozer
10-25-11, 16:14
i want to do my rifle like that now!! :o

El Cid
12-14-11, 19:09
Okay, had a few minutes to try zeroing the Z6i today. Ran out of time to keep dialing in, but did get a 10 shot group.

http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz209/El_CidAF_ResQ/photo-2.jpg

100yds; SSA 77gr Sierra OTM

Anyone have an ATC calculator? The one for my phone is $10 and didn't get very good reviews.

yugotprblms
12-15-11, 10:16
Great looking rifle, the dip looks awesome. I don't even think those wear areas affect the look of the dip at all though. The little bits of black around the port cover and the deflector almost look like they belong, or at least are not a huge eyesore.

hunt_ak
12-15-11, 11:10
Good info and 'lessons learned' here.

Out of curiosity, what (if anything) was used as a top-coat to protect the hydro graphic?

BCmJUnKie
12-15-11, 11:39
I have been trying to find this thread for the past week so thank you for resurecting haha.

OP thanks for the link. There is a pic of your rifle on the website.

Im gonna give these guys a try on my 12.5

Brimstone
12-15-11, 12:35
Wow...one of the nicest looking dip jobs that I have seen. Very nice!

El Cid
12-15-11, 14:55
Thanks guys. As for the wear, I'm not at all concerned with it. The rifle was meant to be used/shot, not displayed in a glass case. :)

Hunt, I have no idea what the top coat is. I know it's some kind of clear coat, and if I recall they can do matte or glossy (they dip auto parts or other items that folks may want to have some shine). Call or email Jerry at the vendor and he'll explain everything. Very helpful guy.

Charging Handle
12-15-11, 16:25
That is some gorgeous work. I can see a dip in my future. Thanks for the photos, the review and the link.

hunt_ak
12-15-11, 16:59
Thanks for the reply, Ed!

35percent
12-15-11, 17:49
Thanks guys. As for the wear, I'm not at all concerned with it. The rifle was meant to be used/shot, not displayed in a glass case. :)

Hunt, I have no idea what the top coat is. I know it's some kind of clear coat, and if I recall they can do matte or glossy (they dip auto parts or other items that folks may want to have some shine). Call or email Jerry at the vendor and he'll explain everything. Very helpful guy.

The wear will give your gun some character. I have an old paintball gun that was dipped and it's beat to hell, down to the metal on the grip and tons of marks all over it, but i love it.

Great looking rifle!

nimslerpon
12-17-11, 22:38
That looks pretty sweet man.

Shoot 1st
12-19-11, 23:43
i wanna dip some parts, but the whole rifle look is growing on me.

Pog926
12-21-11, 03:48
Wow that looks good. My budding is starting to do hydro dipping pretty soon. I'll have to have him do some of my old parts. Thanks for the tips.

Dualspringfields
01-02-12, 18:27
What do you clean your rifle with? Chemicals effecting the finish at all?

Wake27
01-02-12, 21:45
As much as I love MC, I just don't think I could ever do it to any of my weapons. Looks like they did a really good job though.

El Cid
01-03-12, 11:28
What do you clean your rifle with? Chemicals effecting the finish at all?

Thanks guys.

I use Slip 2000 mostly and haven't noticed any issues. The aluminum mags are getting some wear up top from use, but nothing you'd notice from a few feet away. FWIW, I tried to use items in FDE or some tan color as the base when possible (mags, furniture, etc.). That way any wear is almost impossible to see.

nml
01-04-12, 01:31
Haha that's some slick stuff. This is the only PS90 I would shoot:

http://www.sharkbitecustom.com/images/34725546.jpg

jwfuhrman
01-04-12, 09:58
I do believe my 12.5 needs some Multicam in its life.

SOWT
01-04-12, 11:13
Thinking my latest build is going to be multi-cam'd, have to decide on dipping or krylon though.

connorh
01-04-12, 11:41
I can't seem to see the pics. Is there somewhere else I can view them?

edit: Just saw the attachment. Awesome rifles! Put some rounds through them!

Tactical Joke
01-05-12, 23:42
That's extremely nice, but I wasn't tempted until I clicked on the link and saw the ATACs swatch....

Damn you. :angry:

El Cid
01-06-12, 10:55
That's extremely nice, but I wasn't tempted until I clicked on the link and saw the ATACs swatch....

Damn you. :angry:

lol! Forget the swatch... did you see the guns with the A-TACS?
http://www.sharkbitecustom.com/A-TACS_Firearms.php

LowandLeft
01-07-12, 18:49
Wow... very impressive. That ATACS is amazing... I need to consider this.

TMS951
01-09-12, 15:05
Not that hot yet. I'm anxious to see how it looks after the carbine/pistol course! The blackening around the gas block doesn't look any more noticeable than after I first shot it (pic in top post).

Have you shot it more, how is holding up on the barrel? I really want to do this, just deciding on whether to do the barrel or not.

El Cid
01-09-12, 15:48
Have you shot it more, how is holding up on the barrel? I really want to do this, just deciding on whether to do the barrel or not.

I've only put a handful of rounds throught it while sighting in the new glass and testing the McFarland gas ring for function. I'll be using it in a carbine class soon so the round count will start climbing rapidly.

I still haven't noticed any wear on the bbl since the blackening around the gas block when I first shot it. I'll post an update after the course and include new pics.

MikeCLeonard
01-10-12, 00:57
You mentioned using FDE parts where possible...

I've been wondering whether or not you could use FDE Cerakote as a base, and then hydro over it to help maintain earth colors when wear begins to take place...as I believe that Cerakote would hold up better than the hydro on top of it.

Great looking rifle!

El Cid
01-10-12, 11:20
You mentioned using FDE parts where possible...

I've been wondering whether or not you could use FDE Cerakote as a base, and then hydro over it to help maintain earth colors when wear begins to take place...as I believe that Cerakote would hold up better than the hydro on top of it.

Great looking rifle!

Thanks! I suspect you are correct. I noticed Loki offers upper/lower setups that come in brown. Not sure what process they use, or if Loki's stuff is quality.

Now, the dipper does spray a coating of brown base coat over any area to be camoflaged. As you can see, the brown base coat is gone from parts where there is wear. Look at the receiver extension and you'll see the base coat minus the dip.

El Cid
02-02-12, 17:18
Okay, another 40rds to check the gas rings, and 693rds in Kyle Defoor's Advance Carbine course... here is the wear on the finish and the blackening of the gas block/bbl y'all asked to be updated on.

Still no regrets on my part. From more than a foot away it's almost impossible to see any of the wear except for the brass deflector.

Also, you can see where it pays off to use furniture in the same color as the camo basecoat (i.e. the stock and handguard).

http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz209/El_CidAF_ResQ/MCBblBlackening.jpg

http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz209/El_CidAF_ResQ/MCBblBlackening2.jpg

http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz209/El_CidAF_ResQ/MCWear1.jpg

http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz209/El_CidAF_ResQ/MCWear2.jpg

http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz209/El_CidAF_ResQ/MCWear3.jpg

http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz209/El_CidAF_ResQ/MCWear4.jpg

http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz209/El_CidAF_ResQ/MCWear5.jpg

http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz209/El_CidAF_ResQ/MCWear6.jpg

http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz209/El_CidAF_ResQ/MCWear7.jpg

ZoneOne
02-02-12, 19:59
Anyone have any knowledge as to why I can't see the pictures?

All I see is this text :

"
Name: MC SPR 1.jpg Views: 1814 Size: 105.0 KB

Name: MC SPR 3.jpg Views: 1616 Size: 104.0 KB

Name: MC SPR 4.jpg Views: 1573 Size: 99.5 KB

Name: MC SPR 5.JPG Views: 1563 Size: 41.2 KB"

El Cid
02-02-12, 20:41
Anyone have any knowledge as to why I can't see the pictures?

All I see is this text :

"
Name: MC SPR 1.jpg Views: 1814 Size: 105.0 KB

Name: MC SPR 3.jpg Views: 1616 Size: 104.0 KB

Name: MC SPR 4.jpg Views: 1573 Size: 99.5 KB

Name: MC SPR 5.JPG Views: 1563 Size: 41.2 KB"

Not sure what's up with them... On my phone right now the pics from my initial post aren't showing up. When I was updating the thread on a pc earlier the pics were there.

dpaqu
02-04-12, 13:00
I can see them. Nice to see someone put some wear on a gun.

MFWIC2
02-19-12, 00:00
Nice Rifle Bro!

Shoot 1st
02-19-12, 13:15
rifle looks good, and the wearing adds to it, but i would wear it to nothing within a month or two.

ill just stick with homemade patterns.

Tactical Joke
02-25-12, 14:09
lol! Forget the swatch... did you see the guns with the A-TACS?
http://www.sharkbitecustom.com/A-TACS_Firearms.phpI hate you, El Cid. OK, well, maybe I don't, but my wallet just told she most certainly does hate you.

I was planning on doing FDE as the base coat if I go this route, so I'm glad someone else with more experience thinks this is a good idea, too. Now I need to find out if dip will stick to MolyResin.

hyper45
05-04-12, 21:46
that is sweet

IYAAYASwarrior
05-04-12, 22:28
Any updates on wear with a climbing round count?

devinsdad
05-05-12, 01:11
Good part is that the chips look like it's part of the camo scheme.

kmrtnsn
05-05-12, 14:56
Multicam hydro-dipping requires a painted base coat, usually some shade of tan. The chipping and friction wear I'd say are failures, and normal failures at that, in the adhesion of that base coat. Wear adds character, pretty safe queens serve no purpose, the more of that finish that is worn off the better it'll look.

El Cid
05-08-12, 15:02
Any updates on wear with a climbing round count?

Thanks gents. Nothing to really update at this time. I've only put 65 more rounds through the rifle so there isn't any noticably new wear on the finish.

!Nvasi0n
05-08-12, 16:46
Fantastic turn out partner! I dig it hardcore

ggp2jz
05-08-12, 18:39
Looks fantastic

SOWT
06-29-12, 08:40
Thanks gents. Nothing to really update at this time. I've only put 65 more rounds through the rifle so there isn't any noticably new wear on the finish.

How is the rifle holding up?

fallenromeo
06-29-12, 10:57
Im late to the party but that looks awesome.

El Cid
06-30-12, 22:26
Thanks gents. Haven't given it much use lately and had to drop out of the McPhee class last weekend where it would've gotten a workout.

Only change so far has been the addition of a tourniquet pouch to the stock. I'll get pics up soon. Finally received my half a brick of Southwest ammo 77gr pills, so I'm dying to get to the range.

El Cid
07-01-12, 16:05
The tourniquet pouch is from Ferro Concepts. It's attached with small zip ties. During dry fire drills it seems fine but I won't know for sure if it annoys me or gets in the way until doing more active live fire.

http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz209/El_CidAF_ResQ/photo-25.jpg

http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz209/El_CidAF_ResQ/photo-26.jpg

zx2man
07-01-12, 21:38
Looks very nice. I might have to look into the dip myself :)

killjoythedestroyer
07-08-12, 00:33
I usually don't like painted or camo rifles, but that looks really nice! Good job

ErikS
07-08-12, 07:55
Will they hold a magazine. For my hunting rig it would be perfect for keeping the mag with the weapon while around the hunting shack (cold rifles please, pistols are hot carry). Nothing is worse than getting to a stand or field and finding you forgot or dropped the bang for your stick.

El Cid
07-08-12, 14:23
Thanks gents!

Will they hold a magazine. For my hunting rig it would be perfect for keeping the mag with the weapon while around the hunting shack (cold rifles please, pistols are hot carry). Nothing is worse than getting to a stand or field and finding you forgot or dropped the bang for your stick.
I'm afraid it's not even close. The TQ barely fits - no way a rifle mag will work. There are pouches designed for what you describe but I have no experience wih them.

El Cid
10-17-12, 17:20
Update: the TQ holder is off the rifle. She is heavy enough and it was bugging me in that location. I keep them all over anyway.

Today I was able to sneak in some groups to see if the newly acquired suppressor caused a POI shift. Boy did it!! It's a SF 556-212. If SF cans have minimal POI shift, I'm wondering what is considered significant.

I can't get that grouping software to load properly. If anyone can run the pics I'd appreciate it. I have zoomed in pics of each group but wanted to show the shift with the can.

This is the Asym 77gr OTM at 100yds. The large bullseye was shot without the can, centering crosshairs on the black bull. The top group was with the can and the crosshairs centered on the small orange dot. Both are 10 shot groups.
http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz209/El_CidAF_ResQ/photo-44.jpg

These groups were shot using Southwest Ammo's 77gf SMK. Both centered on the large orange bulls. Again, 100yds.
http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz209/El_CidAF_ResQ/photo-45.jpg

Will_Power
11-02-12, 01:57
Looks like it's been ten months since we had a close-up photo update of the wear and tear. How is the multicam dip holding up?

Will_Power
11-02-12, 02:08
Looks like it's been ten months since we had a close-up photo update of the wear and tear. How is the multicam dip holding up?

El Cid
11-03-12, 15:20

I've shot it in a couple local steel matches. We use the 9 hole wall and I'm not shy about planting it on there, but there has been no additional (noticeable) wear to the finish. I had to drop from McPhee's course but am hoping to use it in one in the coming year. I'm also working up the nerve to have the optic dipped so I'll have to see how that holds up once I do so.

Will_Power
11-03-12, 17:14
I've shot it in a couple local steel matches. We use the 9 hole wall and I'm not shy about planting it on there, but there has been no additional (noticeable) wear to the finish.

That's encouraging! I'm thinking hard about dipping my build, but am concerned about durability. Thanks for the reply!

El Cid
11-03-12, 18:07
That's encouraging! I'm thinking hard about dipping my build, but am concerned about durability. Thanks for the reply!

Sure. I stick by my advice from earlier in the thread: get parts that are a tan or brown color if doing a camo dip. Wear is inevitable.

jbasas13
11-10-12, 12:46
great looking rifle!

MIDGAPATRIOT
11-19-12, 11:02
Good part is that the chips look like it's part of the camo scheme.

That's what I was thinking also.

Delta_co
11-23-12, 10:40
Two thumbs up. Looks amazing. For some reason I can't bring myself to paint or dip. I don't know if its a needs to be original thing, or if I'm really liking the all black that much. But seeing this gives me incentive to take the plunge.

Blayglock
11-23-12, 15:26
Nice looking rifle. The wear adds character.

HelmandHunter
11-23-12, 19:37
Very nice

MO_Trooper
11-25-12, 01:16
Slick gun, bro. Multicam looks flawless.

LOBO
06-20-13, 22:36
Great looking gun man. The wear marks give it some nice character ;)

How far did you have to break the gun down for it to be dipped?

El Cid
06-23-13, 12:21
Great looking gun man. The wear marks give it some nice character ;)

How far did you have to break the gun down for it to be dipped?

Thanks! I actually had the pieces dipped prior to final assembly so all the way I guess. It was a complete custom build so other than some test fitting, the first time it was assembled it was already dipped.

If you read my lessons learned at the beginning you will see where I had the gas block mounted and that was a mistake. It created rust because water got trapped. I seriously don't believe I'd disassemble a factory rifle just to get it dipped.

LOBO
06-23-13, 12:47
Thanks for the reply.

I am doing my first build now, and I am only lacking BCG, barrel, & handguard to finish the build. Yeah, I wouldn't disassemble it either just to get it dipped. Although the next build may get a dippin' :cool:

El Cid
09-20-13, 12:56
Just a quick update. Have about 400 more rounds through the rifle and the wear looks about the same. I've used it in a local steel match or two, and I used it for half of a Frank Proctor WOTG course.

At the time I built it, the TRX Extreme was the lightest handguard, and one of the few available in 15" configuration. Held an NSR the other day (just the handguard) and couldn't believe how light it was! Since the rifle is already plenty heavy, I may try to lighten the load with either an NSR or KAC URX4 handguard. Lighter... Keymod... better connection to the upper. Heck, even Troy came out with the Alpha version and redesigned the TRX. Mine hasn't failed, but with the new technology, I'm quite tempted to trade up.

I'm also looking to either find a FH212A for it, or maybe get a completely different Suppressor/Muzzle device. Despite letting the can soak in Mpro7 as Surefire suggested - the 215A still won't allow it to lock in place properly. I can see why SOCOM made them redesign the flash hider before taking possession of the cans. My SBR has the 212A hider and it allows the can to attach as advertised.

ETA: Forgot to mention... the Young's hard chrome BCG still fails the field test for gas rings. But - the gun still runs on 55gr, 69gr, 70gr, 77gr... I don't rely on this rifle for home defense or work, so now I'm just plain curious and plan to keep using it until it starts to choke. Cliff notes: after a few hundred rounds the gas rings would let the bolt carrier collapse when stood on the bolt. Gun still ran. Tried McFarland Ring - after a few hundred rounds... it failed the test, but still runs.

Lost River
01-06-14, 21:17
Damn fine looking rifle. I would be happy to rock that one. In regards to the finish wear, I would lose no sleep over where the finish is coming off. It is a tool/toy and the more you use them, the more character they get. Frankly I like the looks of well maintained, not abused weapons with some wear on the edges. Some bugger eaters like to intentionally trash their crap to give it that "high speed operator" look. That just makes me think the dude is a bigger goober than ever, playing dress up. The flip side of that is that a well worn service rifle, pistol/revolver just says " I have some good stories from my years of service".

Anyways, nice looking rifle.

Cuda444
01-06-14, 23:41
Looks fantastic. I was toying with the idea of dipping a whole gun, but based on your experiences, I think piece-meal is the better way to go at this point. Regardless, that rifle came out beautifully.

El Cid
08-15-14, 19:43
Picked up a Unity Tactical EXO in Multicam. Very pleased so far.

http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz209/El_CidAF_ResQ/IMAG0013_zps2241e8c9.jpg

http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz209/El_CidAF_ResQ/IMAG0015_zps44218e86.jpg

HaydenB
08-17-14, 10:54
Picked up a Unity Tactical EXO in Multicam. Very pleased so far.

I got one of those too. Saw it on IG and couldn't pass it up. Sweet little piece of kit.

And the rifle still looks awesome as ever man.