PDA

View Full Version : CZ75 nightsights

MegademiC
09-04-11, 12:45
Ive only seen the trijicon for $80-$90 and the Meprolite for $70.

I have a cz75 compact .40 that im going to be CCing soon. The rear sight keeps sliding out and I need to red locktite it(will this be sufficient?) but I want tritium sights before I perm attatch it in there.

FWIW, im not worried about the tritium life since I will have a new cc gun(g19 or p30) long before the tritium dies.

So which of the two sights are better or are they equal? Also, any brands I missed? Thank you.

An Undocumented Worker
09-04-11, 13:25
I've got the Meprolights in two of my CZ's they work great.

As for making sure they never slide out but remain adjustable, I drilled and tapped the rear sights at the front end of the notch for a set screw.

MegademiC
09-04-11, 13:40
when you get a chance, could you post a pic of that? I dont have the tools for it, but know people who do.

An Undocumented Worker
09-04-11, 18:06
I don't have the ability to post a pic, but if you are looking at the top of the rear sight you have the notch and an area hollowed out in front of that notch. I drilled approximately 4-5 mm from the front edge of the top of the sight, in that area hollowed out infront of the notch, then just tapped it and put a set screw in there that would contact the slide when tightened down.

The meprolights appear to be case hardened because breaking through the first mm of steel in the sight was a bear. Tapping it was easy though.

If it isn't already apparent, drill and tap the sight while the sight is clamped in a vice, don't do it with the sight in the slide.

The reason I did this mod, is because the stock rear sight on my PCR was like that from the factory, but not tritium.

Lincoln7
09-04-11, 18:21
My CZ SP01 came with Meprolights and they are working great. Also, the daytime visiblity is better than some of a few other nightsights that I have seen.

m39nut
09-04-11, 18:39
I use Meprolites on my P01. They are great. The first order of business is finding which sight height you have. The number is on the bottom of the sight. Once you get the right height it is easy to stake the sight with a spring loaded prick punch and you should not have an issue at all.

MegademiC
09-04-11, 23:11
Awesome, thank you for the replies. I'll be ordering some meprolites this week.

An Undocumented Worker
09-05-11, 17:52
The best place to order them from in my experience has been CZ-USA, if you want to drill and tap em for a set screw, try talking to their gunsmith and see if they'll do it for ya.