PDA

View Full Version : Roman Legionaire's descendents in China?

Slater
09-04-11, 15:35
Interesting story, whether or not the "Lost Legion" had anything to do with it:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/1541421/Roman-descendants-found-in-China.html

GermanSynergy
09-04-11, 17:47
Guess they got lost on the way to P.F Changs.:D

crusader377
09-04-11, 18:31
Very interesting article for a history buff like me. Thanks for posting.

FromMyColdDeadHand
09-04-11, 21:45
Romans or some Vikings that got a little lost.

I never associated Romans with blond hair? I have a buddy in Milan who as an Italian-American has blond hair and he is instantly seen as non-Italian. Great to get in a cab with all of us gabbering American and then he lays out in perfect Milanese accent where we should go. Every taxi driver looks like they just got hit with a Taser they jolt so much.

Belmont31R
09-04-11, 21:49

I never associated Romans with blond hair? I have a buddy in Milan who as an Italian-American has blond hair and he is instantly seen as non-Italian. Great to get in a cab with all of us gabbering American and then he lays out in perfect Milanese accent where we should go. Every taxi driver looks like they just got hit with a Taser they jolt so much.

Northern Italy is full of blondes and don't forget the Matterhorn is a skip and a jump from the Italian border.

Heavy Metal
09-04-11, 21:53
Northern Alpine Italians have a lot of Germanic blood in them.

obucina
09-04-11, 21:54
Northern Italy is full of blondes and don't forget the Matterhorn is a skip and a jump from the Swiss border.

not every italian looks sicilian! :D From some of the clips of guido TV I've seen, if it was on mute, I would have thought it was Deutche Welle TV.

kaiservontexas
09-04-11, 22:05
Probably Slavic people. People forget the Khans moved groups around, and Beijing actually had a Russian contingent to guard it because the Mongols did not trust the Chinese to do it.

Eurasia is full of interesting things with no need to look to Ancient Rome for a reason.

A-Bear680
09-05-11, 02:59
Northern Alpine Italians have a lot of Germanic blood in them.

Lots of Swiss speak Italian , it has been one of the official Swiss tongues for generations and Some Swiss have been ethnic Italians for as long as there has been a Switzerland .

All kinds of DNA and cultural/lingistic/ethnic groups have been flowing back and forth across the Eurasian plains for thousands and thousands of years. The article mentions " ... Roman General Crassus ... was defeated .. and beheaded by the Parthians.... ". The Parthians were one of the great horse warrior tribes of the world - land pirates who who have include the Mongols , Magyars , Finns ( by another name ) and the Comache of the American South Plains .

The Comanche started out as " Digger Indians " , hard scrabble , poverty-stricken , dispised outcasts living on some of the poorest land in southeast Wyoming . Within a relatively few years after they obtained horses the Comanche moved into the best buffalo lebensraum in North America . There they mutated into land pirates: trading horses , buffalo robes , and captured slaves to various tribes and ethnic groups . They also ethnically cleansed a number of of other Indian tribes into total extinction.
The fates of people ( including other Indians ) that the Comanches captured trancended the conventional racial systems and national identities of the era. Many Comanche captives might be tortured & killed , others would be beaten and raped , but later adopted into the tribe . Still others might be traded to New Mexico through the Comancheros and become " indentured servants " . Another slave trade route went through the Wichitas in the Kansas area. The Wichita route fed the slave markets of New Orleans. In the Southern US slavery/racist paradigm , the " one drop of African blood " rule , many English-speaking AngloCeltic Texans could easily be ( and were ) sold as " Octoroons " ( 1/8 African or less ) in the slave markets of French speaking communities . They were traded in the same bundles , like bales of cotton , along with Indians , Spanish people , and Mexicans . Other slaves would be traded to various native tribes . The captives of one raiding season in Texas could end thier days as slaves scattered from what is now South Dakota ( or even , in a few cases , Canada ) , to Santa Fe , to almost anywhere in what us Yankees from " Free Soil " states like Ohio learned to call the " Slave States ". Others were adopted as full and highly respected members of the Comanche tribe . For example , little 9 year old Cynthia Ann Parker grew up to marry a Comanche war chief and her son Quanah was the greatest war chief ever produced by the Comanche people . He , and his father , grandfather , and various uncles were involved in the killing , rape , torture and enslavement of thousands of non-Comanche people . He and his kin never discriminated much when it came to enemies or victims.
Here's just one pretty good source that discusses the Comanche Empire:
www.amazon.com/Empire-Summer-Moon-Comanches-Powerful/dp/1416591060/ref=sr_1_1?s=book&ie=UTF8&qid=UTF8&qid=1315211378&sr=1-1

If the link gets broken , just go to Amazon and run a search for " Empire of the Summer Moon " by S. C. Gwynne

Moose-Knuckle
09-05-11, 03:58
Red headed mummies in the Gobe desert, China.

http://www.philipcoppens.com/turim_mummies.html

2700 year old Blonde hair blue eyed mummy found in China.

http://www.therightperspective.org/2008/11/29/2700-year-old-blond-haired-blue-eyed-mummy-found-in-china/

A-Bear680
09-05-11, 12:38
You beat me to it:

Red headed mummies in the Gobe desert, China.

http://www.philipcoppens.com/turim_mummies.html

2700 year old Blonde hair blue eyed mummy found in China.

http://www.therightperspective.org/2008/11/29/2700-year-old-blond-haired-blue-eyed-mummy-found-in-china/

There was a lot of buzz during the mid-1990's ( during the Klinton riegn ) about the Tall Hat People whose mummies and grave sites were found in what is now the western PRC . At that time people who make a living checking that stuff like DNA , and cultural artifacts believe that the specific mummies from a certain area & time were clearly Germanic and had retained a seperate identity from the people they passed through or had contacted during that very early volkervanderung. Think horse Vikings - OK very early horse Vikings , whose cousins had canoes rather than ships.
For that matter , one of the titles of the old Shah of Iran ( when I was there ) was " Light of the Ayrians " , the Iranian Army rifle and MG team used M1 Garands and Browning 1919a4 belt-feds. The Shah's Palance Guards , The Immortals , had either FN's or G-3's and a very high density of Uzis . Iran was allied to both the US and Israel. When the new bosses took power , lots of things changed . Sanskrit , like Farsi is classified as an Indo-aryan langage .

Back to to the slave trade.
Some islands in the Caribeain have a unique AfroIrish culture - lots of Irish names , DNA , words /phrases and folklore tracable to Ireland and Celtic roots . Here's just a little info concerning how that came to be :
To Hell or Barbados : The Ethnic Cleansing of Ireland by S. O'Callaghan
www.amazon.com /s/ref

I'm having trouble with the link , just go to Amazon and run a search.
Out of time.

Moose-Knuckle
09-06-11, 02:05
You beat me to it:

There was a lot of buzz during the mid-1990's ( during the Klinton riegn ) about the Tall Hat People whose mummies and grave sites were found in what is now the western PRC . At that time people who make a living checking that stuff like DNA , and cultural artifacts believe that the specific mummies from a certain area & time were clearly Germanic and had retained a seperate identity from the people they passed through or had contacted during that very early volkervanderung. Think horse Vikings - OK very early horse Vikings , whose cousins had canoes rather than ships.
For that matter , one of the titles of the old Shah of Iran ( when I was there ) was " Light of the Ayrians " , the Iranian Army rifle and MG team used M1 Garands and Browning 1919a4 belt-feds. The Shah's Palance Guards , The Immortals , had either FN's or G-3's and a very high density of Uzis . Iran was allied to both the US and Israel. When the new bosses took power , lots of things changed . Sanskrit , like Farsi is classified as an Indo-aryan langage .

Back to to the slave trade.
Some islands in the Caribeain have a unique AfroIrish culture - lots of Irish names , DNA , words /phrases and folklore tracable to Ireland and Celtic roots . Here's just a little info concerning how that came to be :
To Hell or Barbados : The Ethnic Cleansing of Ireland by S. O'Callaghan
www.amazon.com /s/ref

I'm having trouble with the link , just go to Amazon and run a search.
Out of time.

Good stuff, one of my favorite Flogging Molly tunes is Tobacco Island.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8yEqco39T8

I'm half Irish myself. People often turn a blind eye to the crimes perpetrated against the Irish and forget about white slavery.

A-Bear680
09-17-11, 05:37
Alright.
Let's try Dropkick Murphys The Fighting 69th from The Gangs All Here:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UmtJ30Rl5o

Some of the paintings are by DonTroiani .
www.framingfox.com

Check out " Concord Bridge ".

Mjolnir
09-28-11, 18:21

The original Trojans were RED-HAIRED & BLOND. The Trojans who escaped traveled to Ilyria and their descendants were the first kings of Rome. They displaces the Etruscans who were dark eyed and dark-haired. The Sicilians are another race, again.

During Rome's heyday they extracted slaves from Asia Minor (essentially Syria). Once a Roman male citizen was of age he was compelled to join the Roman army. He served until 45, iirc. He oftentimes did not return. So... those Syrian slaves. They outproduced the Reds and Blonds and record of this can be found in the Roman record.

So those who claim erroneously that they are the same as the Romans of 2500 years ago are essentially wrong. There is pigment on those marble statues and the hair is RED and blond. Check it out for yourselves.

Mjolnir
09-28-11, 18:22

The original Trojans were RED-HAIRED & BLOND. The Trojans who escaped traveled to Ilyria and their descendants were the first kings of Rome. They displaces the Etruscans who were dark eyed and dark-haired. The Sicilians are another race, again.

During Rome's heyday they extracted slaves from Asia Minor (essentially Syria). Once a Roman male citizen was of age he was compelled to join the Roman army. He served until 45, iirc. He oftentimes did not return. So... those Syrian slaves. They outproduced the Reds and Blonds and record of this can be found in the Roman records as well as a well-dissatisfied public.

So those who claim erroneously that they are the same as the Romans of 2500 years ago are essentially wrong. There is pigment on those marble statues and the hair is RED and blond. Check it out for yourselves.