PDA

View Full Version : Check out this video review of a Blackthorne AR kit

ghostman1960
09-04-11, 17:58
Instead of doing research, some people learn the hard way!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SoAf7KqUt4

Stan9106
09-04-11, 18:55
That's scary! Makes me glad I found this forum...

DasBulk
09-04-11, 19:10
Shooot. Thats built right, its loose so you have a shot pattern on the target while only have to aim once!
Think, "Buckshot".
:big_boss:

RichDC2
09-04-11, 19:19
How does this place stay in business?

phydaux
09-04-11, 19:34
Locktite on the barrel nut? How hot does that get during sustained fire? Why would someone even think that would work?

Heavy Metal
09-04-11, 19:37
How does this place stay in business?

Because, as PT Barnum said: "There's a Sucker born every minute."

malignantbum
09-04-11, 19:44
I'm surprised they didn't use JB weld, that entire video made me shake my head and wonder what in the he'll was going thru the minds of those packing it up. That shit looks like it was assembled in some back alley brothel donkey show in Juarez.

Dos Cylindros
09-04-11, 19:56
Too many people base purchases on the price alone. On some things this is okay, but equipment you may have to stake your life on, firearms, vehicles used for daily transportation and things like that you just have to do your research and pony up the $$$ to make sure they perform for you. Many people have to learn this lesson the hard way.

Mark82ndABN
09-04-11, 20:11
That's sad to see. Can't wait to see the first post in this thread from the "have you shot it yet?" or "it's a battle rifle, just go out and shoot it" crowd.:blink:

juliomorris
09-04-11, 20:14
Shop I worked in many moons ago bought 10 of their kits back when they were Hesse. The wanted me to assemble them for resale, we ended up sending them back and as far as i know they never did get a refund. Parts were missing, threads on the uppers were jacked and the bcgs were junk. At one time there was a video of a kaboom with one of their rifle kits, improper head spacing if I remember right..

Defender3
09-05-11, 19:52
Oh my, gives new meaning to "free floating!" Maybe it's the free shipping they offer on their kits that keeps them going out the door.

ssracer
09-05-11, 19:56
My original build used one of their "complete uppers"...found out the hard way that they left POS out of the middle of that. Slowly every part of the rifle was replaced.

ssracer
09-05-11, 20:06
Here are a couple of the pics of the issues that I had with their "quality". They claim to only use new parts. Mine was a 16" FF quad rail upper with a clamp on gas block. Remove the gas block and I find this

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4146/5001810801_f1f164c101_b.jpg

Those are two severely buggered up FSP pin slots right next to the gas port. On the other side you could see where the original gas port was welded in.

There was also a deep groove in the chamber and the rail was far from tight when I got it. I also had to do my own milling because there was meat left on the rear takedown pin ear on the upper and it wouldn't fit in a lower. Seen here post op. It wasn't a sharp 90 angle out of the bot, it was a rounded corner.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4049/4360903020_b33fece672_b.jpg

Because I "fixed" that issue myself (in their words "modified") they would not warranty the POS.

I am a million times happier with my rifle now.