PDA

View Full Version : First Post/FirstLower

Satori
09-05-11, 13:50
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f189/chicoboarder83/P9050148.jpg
Hey all
This is my first post on this forum and first lower build. I'm working on an upper (will be BCM or Noveske), KNS pins, furniture and optics soon. I must say that I am very impressed with FCG that came with my DD LPK. It's very smooth and better than many others I've shot in the past.

Aero Precision AP-15 lower
DD LPK
Vltor Imod Stock
BCM Receiver Extension w/ H Buffer (still need to stake the castle nut)

shootist~
09-05-11, 15:56
All good choices and top quality except the dreaded KNS pins. Not much love for those around here and absolutely no need to use them with any quality LPK.

Satori
09-05-11, 16:49
Thanks for the info and saving me $30. I hadn't come across any negative feedback on the KNS pins yet but I'm pretty green regarding this platform. Thanks again!

Dragon88
09-05-11, 17:47
Looks good. Keep in mind that building lowers is addicting, you will want to start another build as soon as you finish this one. ;)

For staking the castle nut, go to Home Depot and buy an auto center punch. They will have two available, get the more expensive $15 stainless steel one. Staking the castle nut will be quick and painless with this tool. I fooled around with a regular punch and hammer for a while, should have bought the auto punch from day one. After staking, hit the bright spots of the stakes with a sharpie to darken them, and you will be good to go.

jet80tv
09-06-11, 10:14
You are not going to find any "negatives" regarding the KNS pins other than individual dislike of a perceived "gimmick" and though they may not be necessary there is no downside

DeltaSierra
09-06-11, 13:43
You are not going to find any "negatives" regarding the KNS pins other than individual dislike of a perceived "gimmick" and though they may not be necessary there is no downside

Actually, there are downsides to using the KNS pins...

Read this thread and pay special attention to the posts by Shivan, and IraqGunz. They make some good points that you would be well advised to take to heart...

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=87831&highlight=KNS+pins

Militant83
09-06-11, 13:47
Welcome to the board satori keep us updated as the build progresses

ursus.peracto
09-06-11, 19:24
Some people like the pins, many here don't.

They improved the trigger one one of my rifles (also with DD LPK).

The other rifle, not really.

Is 30$ a lot of money?

That's gas for one Bass fishing trip. That's also a few drinks at a bar.

Edited to add: Good choices on your lower! Good ideas on the upper too!

jet80tv
09-06-11, 19:40
Actually, there are downsides to using the KNS pins...

Read this thread and pay special attention to the posts by Shivan, and IraqGunz. They make some good points that you would be well advised to take to heart...

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=87831&highlight=KNS+pins
I know, I just like to spark debate although there has been plenty on this subject. I have KNS pins in 1 lower and regular trigger & hammer pins in another, the lower I have them in also has a NiB trigger group and the pull seems even smoother with the KNS pins.