PDA

View Full Version : So this is that stupidity...as M4C has taught me

matemike
09-06-11, 19:15
http://www.motohouston.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197840

First of all, this is a huge THANK YOU to M4C for teaching me the metric TON of information over the last several months of my lurking. :cool:
Now I am able to spot crap when I see it, as depicted in the thread attached. It's from my local motorcycle forum, hence the lack of gun knowledge there. But post #8 made me want to slap this guy, and I accidentally made post #9 before seeing it.
My question is how does one informed person put up with this retardedness? For all the knowledgable guys on here: WTF is your reaction to this blatant dumbass? I don't know if I can keep my mouth shut much longer...just saying.

for those who care, this is my first REAL witnessing of one of those idiotic know it all gun guys that I want to point into the direction of M4C, but would rather save y'all the headache. agree?

anyways, again, thank you M4C for teaching this young grasshopper...

-Mike

Belmont31R
09-06-11, 19:16
Cant view your link since it requires a login.

QuietShootr
09-06-11, 19:16
Link didn't work, but you now know a tenth of the frustration that it is possible to feel, believe me.

duece71
09-06-11, 20:59
Link is bad. Can't view it.

pmarc
09-06-11, 21:09
Well, I was always of the philosophy of researching first (manuals, docs, intrawebz, whatever). If answers to the problem at hand aren't found then, by any means ask away.

One is not likely to come late to a party and be the first to experience a "new" problem. Problems must be new to you, unless you are out there researching the very edge.

That being said, I too am loosing my temper on other forums, for people not using the search button. I have to refrain myself for thinking too much about those issues, because there's always someone lazy or just plain stupid out there. Those people aren't worth my time.

Thanks, M4C for lowering my tolerance =D
(I hope to be a contributing member here, BTW)

El Pistolero
09-06-11, 21:13
Can you copy and paste the text from that thread? This thread is kinda worthless without knowing what you are talking about.

intermission
09-06-11, 21:55
Haha, what's up fellow MH'er. There's a reason I don't go to that forum looking for gun advice, or even moto advice. It's exactly a brain trust over there.

intermission
09-06-11, 21:58
Here is the post

"Ill teach you a thing a two about the AR weapon system...if the weapon is not charged you can not put the weapon on safety, the magazine in the weapon was brand new and had no ammo but thanks for your concern Gun Safety Man Craig

Also if you are using an AR as a home defense you are asking for trouble, the AR system is designed to wound not kill and I dont want that for home invaders.... my neighbors wouldnt like rounds going thru their house either. I have other more suitable weapons for home defense. This AR is set up for hog hunting at night on property my dad owns. As far as your mobile home comment"

DeltaSierra
09-06-11, 22:06
Also if you are using an AR as a home defense you are asking for trouble, the AR system is designed to wound not kill and I dont want that for home invaders.... my neighbors wouldnt like rounds going thru their house either.

From one extreme to the other....

Yeah, the 5.56 won't kill, but man, it'll zip through houses.....

:help:

norinco982lover
09-06-11, 22:08
That's typical... The AR is the most popular evil black rifle and thus attracts a lot of rumors and a lot of "I heard on tv that..."

Don't worry about it. I would just pm the guy the truth.

wackjum
09-06-11, 22:38
That guy is oblivious. I tried to explain to him 5.56 fragmentation. But even after that post he puts things up like this:

If it were up to me and i had to choose what to use to defend myself in my house i would definitely go with my .40 cal with hydra shock ammo. I don't feel the AR has sufficient power to take down a person with out overly shooting multiple rounds.
As far as y I choose it for hog hunting is because i can nuff said no really because it's high capacity mag really.

:blink:

MegademiC
09-06-11, 22:50
Everytime I see the "go through a whole block of houses" type of comments, I send a link to the boxotruth.

For the wounding comment, a gel pic of 75/77 smk vs any pistol round will provide enough info. If they dont get it after that, i would give up. BTW, Ive heard the same about 7.62 aks... and civil war muskets. One would think every gun was meant to kill by the bs people spread around.

fixit69
09-06-11, 23:15
You wouldn't believe the amount of dog****ery I hear on a daily basis. It boggles the mind. But, being "that guy" long ago, I still try to steer them on the right course. Beatin my head against a dumpster, clapping with one hand,etc,etc... But, if someone is helped to see the spotlight by one thing I say, it's all worth it.

Just try(real hard sometimes),we have all been ignorant before. Takes longer than most for some(did for me).

C-grunt
09-06-11, 23:57
Post up a link to that guy in the Phillipines that took a M193 through the thigh.

I know that if I could show people the aftermath of police shootings with HP and SP ammo, the whole wounding argument would end quickly.

matemike
09-07-11, 01:26
Hey, thanks for the help fellow MH'ers. intermission and wackjum
Yeah as you said, I only go to MH for track dates, info and to see who all will be at which TD's

but carrying on, don't forget that thread started like this...:confused:

Already had my DPMS AR-15 Lite 16 and Eotech I picked up from Carters Country a month ago. Here is what Ive done so far

Thanks to Patrick at MU for working on my tard :keke:and also giving me a heck of deal on they TROY IND hand guards
Picked up at the Gun show today:
Single point sling
sling retainer
MAGPUL BAD lever
MAGPUL 30 round mag
Mag coupler
925 lumen CREE light with 1" scope ring
AR Multi tool (which I already broke :banghead:)

Install was pretty much straight foward on everything but TROY hand guards...I had to get medieval on the delta ring with my dremel jsut to get that bitch off:angry7: After about 2 hours of cussing I had it off and had the hand gaurds installed....let me know what you think....

One thing I didnt get from the Gun show was a case which were high priced IMO....anybody have any suggestions for a bag< $60?

:stop: stop right there...

Post up a link to that guy in the Phillipines that took a M193 through the thigh.

I know that if I could show people the aftermath of police shootings with HP and SP ammo, the whole wounding argument would end quickly.

right. you mean this one?

http://www.timawa.net/forum/index.php?topic=17111.0

thanks, it's there

BH321
09-07-11, 03:48

thanks, it's there
That seriously deserves a graphic warning. Additionally, I shall never doubt my A2 Musket's potential to cause mass carnage to whatever it hits again. Good grief.

NoveskeFan
09-07-11, 07:06

thanks, it's there

So...did the round continue on and crash through a row of houses?:D But ya know, those that talk about the 5.56/223 only being good for wounding would look at those pics and say, "If it had been my "9mm, .40, .45" (insert appropriate caliber) his leg woulda been straight blown off!":rolleyes:

The_War_Wagon
09-07-11, 08:01
I don't feel the AR has sufficient power to take down a person with out overly shooting multiple rounds.
As far as y I choose it for hog hunting is because i can nuff said no really because it's high capacity mag really. :blink:

You ain't the ONLY one blinkin' after that literary masterpiece; that wouldn't even pass TOS's standards. :o

kest_01
09-07-11, 08:49
So pretty sure that guy doesn't tell stories about how ineffective the 5.56 round is...

P2000
09-07-11, 17:14
From now until eternity, all you have to do is ask those types of guys one simple question. "What kind of round did they kill OBL with?"

Some people only listen to dramatic statements, not facts and logic. That is why he is confused in the first place.

Suwannee Tim
09-07-11, 17:32
.......overly shooting multiple rounds.

You do have to give the man credit. Overly shooting multiple rounds is not good no mater what you think of the AR.

And, that little 5.56 mm bullet does have a tendency to zip through like a neutrino (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neutrino) beam. Lot of times folks don't even know they've been shot until a day or two later when they wake up dead. Unless it tumbles. Then it will tear your leg off.

OMD
09-07-11, 18:19
My favorite part...it won't kill you, but it will kill pigs...:lol:

Stan9106
09-07-11, 19:41
My favorite part...it won't kill you, but it will kill pigs...:lol:

Just what I was thinkin...

ForTehNguyen
09-07-11, 20:33
his logic is great, wounds people but it kills 250+ lb feral hogs fine

gun71530
09-07-11, 21:29
That's why I dont even bother trying to argue with the ignorant....You'll never convince them anyway.

SpaceWrangler
09-07-11, 21:39
That's why I dont even bother trying to argue with the ignorant....You'll never convince them anyway.

Agreed, but in an open forum such as this, it is sometimes best to publicly set the record straight than to allow an idiot's bad information to go unchallenged.