PDA

View Full Version : Wilderness Medicine Conference

ROGOPGEAR
09-06-11, 20:05
Hey all, I hope this is the right place and that someone benefits. I am currently a 4th year medical student at Penn State College of Medicine and am applying to Emergency Medicine Residencies. I recently was informed of this Wilderness Medicine Conference that is taking place at York Hospital in York, PA. As far as I understand, really anyone is invited, but it is geared toward those who are involved in medicine. Looking at the lecture and workshop schedule though, it seems anyone who is into outdoor/survival stuff would eat this up. So if you are in the area, check out this link, sign up, and come join the fun. If you do plan on coming, let me know and we could do lunch.

Mods, feel free to move to the appropriate location if this is not it. Thanks.

http://www.yorkhospital.edu/default.aspx?program=2&type=text&content=136#CME

Jason Falla
09-06-11, 21:02
Looking over the seminar curriculum, this is very similar to the Wilderness Medicine Course that Redback One will be offering next year. We have a very experienced medical team on board that includes EMT's, SAS patrol medics, SF 18D's and a former SOF Doc.

This seminar looks like a great opportunity to pick up some good skills and knowledge about remote medicine as well as outdoor survival skills.

ROGOPGEAR
09-06-11, 21:41
Interesting you should chime in Jason, I am trying to make your 2day course near Pittsburgh the next weekend. Life is kinda crazy right now with USMLE step 2 on Monday, new baby in the house, residency application due that Friday, and getting the wife's financial approval, haha. We'll see...

Jason Falla
09-07-11, 16:38
Well hopefully you can make it out to the course.

I have a busy couple of weeks coming up with the Pittsburgh Course, then to NTOA in Richmond followed by two TCCC courses in DC.

If you get out to the course, I will have a chat with you about the wilderness medicine stuff.