PDA

View Full Version : Non-Aimpoint/EoTech Magnifiers

luvjetz
09-06-11, 21:59
I'm looking to get a 3x magnifier for my red dots and wondered if anyone had any experience with the non-Aimpoint/EoTech magnifiers. The two I've noticed are the UAG 3X and the Sightmark 3X. If you recommend something else I'm all for looking, I just don't want to pay more for a magnifier than what I paid for my red dots. Thanks.

Dave_M
09-06-11, 22:29
LaRue po'boys were a good deal when they were still available. However, light gathering capabilities tended to vary from sight to sight.

Perhaps a Burris AR-tripler?
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=618696&cm_mmc=Froogle-_-Optics%20-%20Scopes%20-%20Under%2012X-_-PriceCompListing-_-618696

Haven't any experience with it no read many reviews but Burris has been putting out better stuff that last couple of years than in years passed. Course' you still need a mount for it which increases costs considerably.

It goes without saying to stay away from airshit ones.

incognito
09-07-11, 08:04
Add Vortex to the list of options, they are not bad for the price.

ryr8828
09-07-11, 15:33
My magnifiers are all either the hensoldt (po boy) or the primary arms magnifiers and I'm happy with both. I've got 4 aimpoints and 2 eotechs but I can't make myself pay the money they want for a magnifier.

luvjetz
10-06-11, 00:10
Botach had Aimpoints w/the twist mount on sale for $300 so I went ahead and grabbed one. Thanks for the help though.