PDA

View Full Version : Will Smith Zombie Movie?

wahoo95
11-09-07, 16:07
Anyone seen the trailers for the upcoming Will Smith Movie "I am Legend"? Looks like a remake of several movies based on Richard Matheson's book from years ago. Either way, looks like it should be pretty good. I noticed in the trailer he seems to have some type of tacticool M4? I wonder what brand rifle they equiped him with for the movie?

RogerinTPA
11-09-07, 20:02
His movie kinda reminds me of a spin on an old Charlton Heston Movie back in the 60's called "The Omega Man". Lone surviving scientist with an experimental cure for the zombies, he takes the last dose, kills them by the bunches, while trying to cure them with a serum made with his blood. Will does has a very cool SBR though.

Ed L.
11-09-07, 20:33
Omega Man was based on the Richard Matheson book "I Am Legend," as was the Vincint Price movie "Last Man On Earth."

Joseywales
11-09-07, 20:44
Well, an American version of 28 days, which is a version of Omega Man, which is a vesion of Legend book. Typical of hollywood. Show same movie over and over with a slight change in the plot. I might just see it. Maybe...

Madsmiley
11-10-07, 18:02
Only thing Ive seen on it was on a car program...They killed 3 of the new Shelby Mustangs during filming:( I will have to see it just for that if nothing else

M4arc
11-10-07, 18:54
Technically it's a vampire movie and not a zombie movie. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

losbronces
11-10-07, 20:08
Omega Man was based on the Richard Matheson book "I Am Legend," as was the Vincint Price movie "Last Man On Earth."

The title of this movie is "I am Legend," so its a remake of Omega Man. The trailer looks a lot like the Resident Evil movies, including one of those zombie dogs. I guess we all know how it ends then...

Razoreye
11-10-07, 20:44
Vampires, guys. Vampires. The book was pretty good, IMO.

Redmanfms
11-11-07, 13:20
The title of this movie is "I am Legend," so its a remake of Omega Man. The trailer looks a lot like the Resident Evil movies, including one of those zombie dogs. I guess we all know how it ends then...

Not to pick nits, but Omega Man was a remake of Last Man on Earth, which was the original movie made from the book. Richard Matheson had his writing credited via pseudonym (Logan Swanson) for Last Man on Earth because he didn't feel it faithfully followed the book (at least that's the gist I got from the commentary). Omega Man is far less like I Am Legend (the book) than the Price movie was. Omega Man, while undeniably a classic and a great film in its own right has, no vampires, no gun-toting semi vampires, and a hopeful ending.

I'm not really impressed by this movie. I'll watch in anyway, but I so despise Will Smith and his total lack of talent that'll be enough to spoil it for me.

ETA: And they CGI'ed the frickin' bad guys. I'm sick and tired of CGI. Sometimes it is cool and really looks believable (think Titanic sinking sequence or Jurassic Park), but it gets used far too much and is most frequently used to support a weak plot and piss-poor acting (ala anything done by Michael Bay). Ridley Scott is doing this one, so there might be hope, but Smith's presence is almost a deal-breaker for me.

ddemis
11-11-07, 13:43
With all the re- done plots and over rated films ( It seems like every movie is the best film of the year.) and horrible acting I find it hard to drag myself to the theatre these days. I just wait for the release at Hollywood video, save myself the high ticket cost and if it sucks I just take it back!

wahoo95
11-11-07, 14:51
You're one of the few that don't feel Will Smith is a good actor.

Not to pick nits, but Omega Man was a remake of Last Man on Earth, which was the original movie made from the book. Richard Matheson had his writing credited via pseudonym (Logan Swanson) for Last Man on Earth because he didn't feel it faithfully followed the book (at least that's the gist I got from the commentary). Omega Man is far less like I Am Legend (the book) than the Price movie was. Omega Man, while undeniably a classic and a great film in its own right has, no vampires, no gun-toting semi vampires, and a hopeful ending.

I'm not really impressed by this movie. I'll watch in anyway, but I so despise Will Smith and his total lack of talent that'll be enough to spoil it for me.

ETA: And they CGI'ed the frickin' bad guys. I'm sick and tired of CGI. Sometimes it is cool and really looks believable (think Titanic sinking sequence or Jurassic Park), but it gets used far too much and is most frequently used to support a weak plot and piss-poor acting (ala anything done by Michael Bay). Ridley Scott is doing this one, so there might be hope, but Smith's presence is almost a deal-breaker for me.

Nathan_Bell
11-11-07, 14:58
You're one of the few that don't feel Will Smith is a good actor.

He plays himself well, charismatic likable kinetic, and luckily he has a good agent who gets him roles playing himself. He is a successful actor, but not an actor with a huge amount of range or talent, sadly that can be said of all too many big name folk in Hollywood

Saginaw79
11-11-07, 15:16
I plan on seeing it and think Will Smith is a great actor.

If its like the original book, not the half assed offshoots it will be good!

IROCZ
11-11-07, 18:03
Saw the trailer yesterday at the movies, We saw the Kingdom. Lots a gunplay. Anyone else seen it?

wahoo95
11-12-07, 08:03
I can see your point...never thought that much about it because it seems to be a common thing in Hollywood these days just as it has always been.

He plays himself well, charismatic likable kinetic, and luckily he has a good agent who gets him roles playing himself. He is a successful actor, but not an actor with a huge amount of range or talent, sadly that can be said of all too many big name folk in Hollywood

Nathan_Bell
11-12-07, 08:30
I can see your point...never thought that much about it because it seems to be a common thing in Hollywood these days just as it has always been.

Slept through most of that class too many years ago, but do remember the prof stating that most of the big name stars have always done this. They rage against getting type cast as something, but they (or at least their agents) realize that those roles are where the $ and fame is.

rayray
11-12-07, 19:58
I am currently reading the book. I saw the trailer for the film and I cannot wait to see it.:)

DocMinster
11-13-07, 23:08
I LOVE watching mindless popcorn eating...Vampire/Zombie Flix.

I like will Smith too how can I go wrong? ;)

trio
11-14-07, 00:11
I always hated the way the story ended.....I won't post how, since I want to avoid spoilers, but the book was written at a time of social commentary, and the commentary heavily influenced the ending, and got in the way of a damn good sci-fi/vampire story IMHO...

so, to me, this is one of those things I hope is "hollywood-ed" up....

RogerinTPA
11-14-07, 15:34
Not to be "hatin"....I like Will Smith, but he always seams to play his own character/himself in most or all of his movies. He never seems to be "acting" to me. :rolleyes: This movie, based on the teasers, looks like he may start acting like an "actor". Just my .2 cents.