PDA

View Full Version : CMMG how did they treat you?

ricky_arthur
11-09-07, 17:43
No one interested? I'll just hope they fix the situaton so I can post some glowing reviews of the AR's I ordered

ST911
11-10-07, 11:20
No one interested? I'll just hope they fix the situaton so I can post some glowing reviews of the AR's I ordered

Let's hear the beginning...

ricky_arthur
11-10-07, 15:58
Let's hear the beginning...

Oh I decided to wait and see if they fix the problem before I get too upset. I've heard too much positive about them so I'm giving them till monday to contact me.

It's basicly their desire to play E-mail tag to fix a problem with a bargain bin order (3 rifles 5 clips $1800) Verses my desire to fix it on the phone and get it fixed and sent. When I tried to call and verify that they had recieved my 2nd fax with the FFL license(they said they didn't get the first one I sent( a week after it was sent)) I was told they would not handle it on the phone. I sent them a slightly impatient e-mail requesting verification, and have not yet recieved a response.

Thats it in a nutshell. I hope they just e-mail me Monday and say the Rifles are on their way so I can be a big CMMG fan like everone else. LOL

Ricky

Sidewinder6
11-10-07, 17:15
I cant resist...

http://i9.tinypic.com/8fwcme8.jpg

Madsmiley
11-10-07, 17:56
I placed a order for a bolt and a few mags from them a few weeks ago..After several days of no contact from them,I emailed looking for shipping info,no response...I called a couple of days after that and was told the bolt was on back order..Gee,thanks for keeping me in the loop guys...:rolleyes:

Couple of things that always piss me off about vendors on the net..

1) If you have a website,check/reply to your email regularly.

2)If you advertise an item,and it happens to be backordered,say so on your website..Dont let a customer place an order with the expectation of recieving a product in a timely manner and THEN.........after several days,inform him his item isnt in stock after he/she has to call you looking for their order..

ricky_arthur
11-10-07, 23:11
I placed a order for a bolt and a few mags from them a few weeks ago..After several days of no contact from them,I emailed looking for shipping info,no response...I called a couple of days after that and was told the bolt was on back order..Gee,thanks for keeping me in the loop guys...:rolleyes:

Couple of things that always piss me off about vendors on the net..

1) If you have a website,check/reply to your email regularly.

2)If you advertise an item,and it happens to be backordered,say so on your website..Dont let a customer place an order with the expectation of recieving a product in a timely manner and THEN.........after several days,inform him his item isnt in stock after he/she has to call you looking for their order..

Yeah, thats along the same lines as my troubles, Sounds like a pattern....:confused:

What most people don't think about is how a company is going to respond (or fail to respond) when there is a problem. Almost every company out there can please people when they can get your money, ship the item and be done with you. It's Instances like this that can make someone a loyal repeat customer:D or leave a sour taste and make them look for another company to do buisness with. Like I said if this is resolved by early next week, I'm fine. If it keeps dragging on, I'm done. After having this much time to look about, I've almost decided I should have just built an Ar myself and enjoyed that ride.

Ricky

SuicideHz
11-10-07, 23:20
I sold an RRA lower to a friend at half my original cost including an upper with no barrel. I ordered him a new barrel assembly from CMMG. This was last summer.

The barrel we got was a middy 1:7 chrome lined with M4 ramps.

It jammed every other round. We scratched two days at the range with me being very dissappointed in the rifle I sold to a very good friend.

It turned out the ramps were cut very sharply. I emailed them. They wouldn't do anything but offered to possibly look at the barrel after a return.

I polished the ramps myself and all is well now.

I still am not happy with it all and have many other places to shop (thankfully) in the future.

Will never do business with them again.

5POINT56
11-11-07, 08:54
I've dealt with CMMG on several occasions and have been treated well each time. Quality goods, excellent service, nice people.

Nathan_Bell
11-11-07, 09:52
It might be that they are suffering growing pains.

I have seen their uppers listed in 1 or two of my distributor catalogs, they may be doing batch production to fill these orders and dropping the ball on some of the smaller orders.

Dangers of growth.

Trim2L
11-11-07, 11:32
CMMG has terrible communication. If they are having growing pains then it started three years ago because I have had several similar experiences going back to 2004.

In every instance I called in an order and was told it was "in stock" and then it would not show up. After calling I would be told it was "out of stock." This happened multiple times.

K9-Bob
11-11-07, 22:13

I'm just curious why you posted this thread when you have about 3 pages of replies for the same thing on ARFCOM? :confused:

SuicideHz
11-11-07, 22:19
Because he knows different people visit the two very different boards. Why not ask on both if not to at least see how different the boards truly are, right? ;)

11B101ABN
11-13-07, 06:56
I have to say that I was treated very well and the staff was respectful and acommodating.

The only issue i had was availability. That issue was quickly remedied, however.

Big ups to CMMG from me.

Madsmiley
11-13-07, 11:09
I'm just curious why you posted this thread when you have about 3 pages of replies for the same thing on ARFCOM? :confused:

<<< doesnt do ARFCOM

ricky_arthur
11-13-07, 16:53
I posted both at the same time, that one got 30+ responses and this one got not a single one... so I deleted this one and left a brief explanation why. It wasn't until I did that, that anyone responded here.

Here is an update.

I finaly got a response to my e-mail today. It said that they still :mad: Hadn't recieved an FFL.:confused: That proved to not be entirely correct. They had recieved and returned the fax to my FFL with a note asking for a better copy but did not provide him with any info as to who the order was for and where to send the fax (for some reason that part was cut off) so when I went to personally supervise the 3rd faxing of the FFl, right there on the fax machine was the CMMG fax with a ?? about who it was for and where it had come from. So my worries on Friday were founded. If Indeed they would have allowed me to actually speak to them on the Phone, it could have been solved on Friday and not Tuesday of the following week.

I had reached the end of my patience and had determined that if they would not confirm the arrival of the fax via telephone I was gonna cancel my order and spend the money else where. To thier credit, Laura did in fact take my call this time and confirmed the FFl had come through and was good to go.:) She was both polite and helpfull. But... if this would have happened last week there would have been no problem to start with.

Actually at this point, unless my feeling change when the ar's arrive, about the only way they can save me as a customer for future purchases would be to expedite shipping at thier expense, but since I didn't ask, that wont happen and I will look for a more customer friendly retailer.

Ricky

ST911
11-13-07, 17:43
...Here is an update....

All that work for a bargain bin buy. Here's hoping you get more than you're paying for.

ricky_arthur
11-15-07, 05:50
Here's My Update, I recieved an e-mail Yesturday(wednesday) saying they did not know when my order would ship, Enough was enough for me and I'd had plenty of time to shop around and find something I wanted more, for close to the same money from Coleman Tyler. I did a test call, and Coleman Tyler politely answered my ??'s So I called CMMG to cancel my order. When I did so I was told they couldn't cancel it because it had already shipped on Tuesday???? I'll be interested to see the shipping date on the boxs when they get here, I suspect they just didn't want to lose an 1800$ order and rushed them out, but at least they have been shipped,,,.Maybe, who Knows, I still don't have a tracking # or an e-mail saying they have shipped.

I went ahead and ordered the Upper and Lower halves from Coleman Tyler just in case I'm not happy with the BB guns. A DPMS Lower and a 20 inch SS Bull barrel Upper.

I'll post again when i recieve the 3 BB guns, maybe I'll be so tickled all will be forgiven.

Ricky

ST911
11-15-07, 09:42
Here's My Update, I recieved an e-mail Yesturday(wednesday) saying they did not know when my order would ship, Enough was enough for me and I'd had plenty of time to shop around and find something I wanted more, for close to the same money from Coleman Tyler. I did a test call, and Coleman Tyler politely answered my ??'s So I called CMMG to cancel my order. When I did so I was told they couldn't cancel it because it had already shipped on Tuesday???? I'll be interested to see the shipping date on the boxs when they get here, I suspect they just didn't want to lose an 1800$ order and rushed them out, but at least they have been shipped,,,.Maybe, who Knows, I still don't have a tracking # or an e-mail saying they have shipped... I went ahead and ordered the Upper and Lower halves from Coleman Tyler just in case I'm not happy with the BB guns. A DPMS Lower and a 20 inch SS Bull barrel Upper...I'll post again when i recieve the 3 BB guns, maybe I'll be so tickled all will be forgiven...Ricky

When you get your guns, would you be willing to post your observations of assembly, components, etc? Photos would be nice as well. Several folks make such posts, and there are various formats with emphases which are particularly good.