PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to Geissele

GlockWRX
09-07-11, 15:01
We often hear of bad customer experiences, but rarely hear from the silent majority who are happy with their transactions. Rarer still is there a report of someone who had a transaction get fouled up, and is treated well by customer service. I'd like to report just such an occurrence.

I recently ordered a Geissele SD-C trigger set for my AR. This was the first aftermarket trigger I've purchased and installed. During the function check, it was hard for me to discern the first stage from the second. It felt like there was 1/16" of take-up and then a crisp, light break. This was not what I expected, but I only had stock AR triggers and a KAC trigger to compare to. A few days later I got a chance to fire my rifle side-by-side with ARs equipped with the SSA and SD-3G. It become pretty obvious that the trigger I had was a SD-3G, which is not what I wanted for a fighting gun.

I emailed Geissele through their website and let them now that I had an SD-C trigger that was behaving like a SD-3G trigger. Within hours Bill Geissele got back to me and told me he was sending a new trigger along with a stamped return envelope. Soon enough, a package from Geissele arrived with a new trigger in it, along with some other goodies (a hat, stickers, and patches). I installed the new trigger and it was just right.

So kudos to Geissele for taking care of me and making things right. No fuss, no muss. They are a top notch company run by top notch people.

Airborne12b
09-07-11, 15:38
Good to hear, and thanks for posting your experience!

zipseattle
09-07-11, 15:42
Nice. Companies that consistently "own" the customer experience, i.e. are far sighted enough to see that Value is more than just "how many and how much" consistently earn my dollars.

OT, but Bose Electronics has earned many of my dollars after I had a similar experience to yours.

Mark82ndABN
09-07-11, 16:04
I was lucky enough to pick up my SSA-E directly from Geissele's shop and what an operation. I was helped by Mark who got my trigger group from a bin of SSA-E's that were ready to ship out. He handed the small bag over to a person at one of the stations who then inspected every part as Mark and I talked. The parts were then put back in the bag and handed to me with a hat. The shop was impressive... clean, organized and everyone was very friendly.

Oh, and my SSA-E is freakin awesome:)

Duffy
09-07-11, 16:40
Bill is a classy guy, Geissele's level of customer service and professionalism is something we aspire to :)

2theXtreme
09-07-11, 17:09
Bill is a classy guy, Geissele's level of customer service and professionalism is something we aspire to :)

I just got my first Geissele trigger from you so I have yet to deal with their customer service and hopefully never have to but you guys (Battle Arms Development) have the BEST customer service I have ever received. By far. I will outfit everyone of my future weapons with your products because of it.

Question to the OP. Why did you choose the trigger you did for your fighting carbine?

just a scout
09-07-11, 17:30
I recently got an SSA also. Great trigger, shipped fast with a bunch of swag. My couple of email questions answered within the afternoon. Gieselle and BAD both have incredible service as far as I'm concerned. FWIW, you guys are easily on par with the Apple store I go to, if not better.

MrSmitty
09-07-11, 17:42
I just picked up an SSA-E from Grant for a new build I'm doing. First Geissele I've had the pleasure of using and I am not disappointed.

I can vouch for your customer service, and I'm looking forward to picking up another BAD-ASS for my next build!

GlockWRX
09-07-11, 17:44
Question to the OP. Why did you choose the trigger you did for your fighting carbine?

I wanted a lighter two stage trigger for my rifle, and based on the recomendation of a friend I went with the Geissele. I picked the SD-C as it was lighter than stock but not too light like the SD-E, or too touchy like the SC-3G.

Belmont31R
09-07-11, 17:51
They are good people and make the best AR triggers to boot.

Duffy
09-07-11, 18:41
Thank you guys :)

Our experience with Bill began in August of 2010. The first time I called (and more than half the time I call, I get the man himself) Bill picked up the phone after 2 rings. At the time few people had heard of us, and I don't think Bill did either. I proceeded to explain that there seemed to be some confusion regarding the DMR trigger, some users had had to modify their selectors to fit, so I wanted to see what we could do to mitigate this, lest our customers should run into this issue.

Basically, it only started when Bob and Joe down the street and everyone else started making receivers that don't stick to specs.

When a receiver is out of spec, the detent/detent spring hole may not be drilled correctly (there may be other dimensional differences that could contribute to this) which wouldn't seat the selector square center, the selector's center flat section may be biased to the left or right, instead of dead center. The DMR's rear extension is wide, if the rear extension isn't in the flat section of the selector, it couldn't be pivoted as it would hit the round section instead.

Based on his recommendation, in PIP2 (product improvement program), we made the center flat section as wide as possible without jeopardizing the structural integrity of the selector. It's one of many modifications we did to ensure compatibility with either aftermarket or out of spec receivers, these changes usually go unnoticed by the users and just do their job quietly.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i314/Duffypoo/DMRtolerance.jpg

So we (Battle Arms, and our user base) have Bill to thank for his input, it's not everyday we get to talk to someone like Bill, who took his time to help out a company he never heard of :)

I hope I did not hijack this thread, we can't say enough good things about Bill's triggers and everyone that works at Geissele :)

2theXtreme
09-07-11, 19:12
I wanted a lighter two stage trigger for my rifle, and based on the recomendation of a friend I went with the Geissele. I picked the SD-C as it was lighter than stock but not too light like the SD-E, or too touchy like the SC-3G.

I see. I only have experience with the SSA. Can you tell me any major differences between the 2 aside from the flat trigger? I know it says the SD-C is less likely to accidentally discharge but does that mean the 1st stage is longer? Thanks for all the help!

CoryCop25
09-07-11, 19:57
Battle Arms Development and Geissele Automatics are my two favorite companies! If I could only get Duffy on the right side of this continent! :lol:

2theXtreme
09-07-11, 22:23
Battle Arms Development and Geissele Automatics are my two favorite companies! If I could only get Duffy on the right side of this continent! :lol:

He is on the right side of the continent. Right state AND Right city!

GlockWRX
09-07-11, 22:43
I see. I only have experience with the SSA. Can you tell me any major differences between the 2 aside from the flat trigger? I know it says the SD-C is less likely to accidentally discharge but does that mean the 1st stage is longer? Thanks for all the help!

I'm not the best guy to ask. I didn't get a bunch of time behind the SSA or even my new SD-C.