PDA

View Full Version : pmag issue

Cummins
09-07-11, 16:24
I am new here so I'm not sure if is the right place for this, but i just bought a pmag today and it doesn't go in the rifle very well or drop out as it should

sammage
09-07-11, 16:26
What lower is this in? A little better description of the "doesn't go in rifle well" issue would help.

09-07-11, 16:27
What type of lower do you have? A lot of issues with Pmags not dropping free or fitting right are due to the lower not being in spec.

TomMcC
09-07-11, 16:29
This is a minor issue with some lowers. Just sand the mag, in the front, until it inserts, and drop free. Don't overdo it.

Cummins
09-07-11, 16:33
It's a dpms lower

Skyyr
09-07-11, 16:35
PMAGs are not STANAG magazines, they are magazines built for AR's. AR magwells that are designed to work with STANAG magazines may find PMAGs a tight fit if their tolerances are towards the upper design limits. Lowers that are "looser" on tolerances (or don't completely follow them, like DPMS, Blackthorne, etc) many times have fit issues with PMAGs.

Sand them down if it bothers you, or get EMAGs (STANAG magazines made by Magpul that will drop free from any in-spec AR lower).

Iraqgunz
09-07-11, 16:40
Did it occur to you to try a different lower from a friend or associate? With it being DPMS I am inlcined to think that it where the problem lies.

It's a dpms lower

Cummins
09-07-11, 16:46
I don't have a friend with an ar. I have a beowulf and they have ar mags so ill try it

Cummins
09-07-11, 17:13
Works in the beowulf great

Seth247
09-08-11, 03:41
Works in the beowulf great

Sounds like the dpms is a little tight. Insert the mag and kinda wobble it around, if it has a little wobble from side to side but is tight front to back, then take a sanding block to the front/back of the mag until it drops free. There is plenty of meat there on the mag. Usually the issues with mag fitment are front to back clearance related not side to side.

Failure2Stop
09-08-11, 06:22
Covered many times.
Answer given.
Thread closed.