PDA

View Full Version : Remington Police Magnum with a Remington Tactical 2 Shot Extension

davebee456
09-07-11, 21:07
Remington Police Magnum question here...
I just installed a Remington Tactical 2 Shot Extension in blued steel on my new 870p...
the spring that comes with the factory 2 shot ext from remington is that a good one?
here's what it looks like,
http://i901.photobucket.com/albums/ac218/dgbee456/download.jpg
http://i901.photobucket.com/albums/ac218/dgbee456/download-1.jpg

I am just worried about the spring and reliability

blake g
09-08-11, 09:51
I'd say that since it is the one that comes with it from Remington it should be good to go. Best way to find out is to go to teh range and put a couple hundred rounds through it.

That's a great looking blaster BTW - nothing like blued steel and walnut...

blake

Vlobb
09-08-11, 19:52
The spring that comes with the +2 factory extension is fine. You could put an "plus" power spring in it for just a few dollars if you wanted to.

FWIW, I had the very same extension on the very same shotgun and I took it off pretty quickly. I just didn't like the way it balanced and handled at 6+1, for me the 4+1 set-up was/is better. Also,the bracket/clamp will scratch your barrel up. Mine is pretty marked up from it but I really don't give a shit. I know a lot of the people that bought these blue/walnut 870P's wanted to keep them pristine, I am not one of them.

Good luck with that beauty, I f-ing love mine!

readyme
09-08-11, 21:24
FWIW, I had the very same extension on the very same shotgun and I took it off pretty quickly. I just didn't like the way it balanced and handled at 6+1, for me the 4+1 set-up was/is better.

I agree with the balance issue. I added my +2 and it is very different. I am practicing to feel more comfortable because I want the extra 2 shots... but I think I am probably going to take it off and sell the +2.

davebee456
09-08-11, 23:58
me too I think I will keep the extension for another shotgun i might buy in the future or I will sell it,

but for the life of me, I can not get the the metal retainer cap back in the mag tube to go back to 4+1.

Do i need Pliers?

Vlobb
09-09-11, 02:39
but for the life of me, I can not get the the metal retainer cap back in the mag tube to go back to 4+1.

Do i need Pliers?

I had a hell of a time getting mine back in. Use pliers but don't squeeze it to tight and crush it. Just get it set in, all the way around and then tap it in with a rubber mallet. That worked for me but it did take some serious effort. Three hands would been ideal.

davebee456
09-10-11, 20:42
did you mess up your mag tube threading at all trying to bang that retainer cap in?

TOrrock
09-10-11, 21:40
did you mess up your mag tube threading at all trying to bang that retainer cap in?

Having done several, no, you won't, as long as you're using a plastic or rubber hammer/mallet, and don't go crazy with it.

Should go back together just fine. If you feel yourself getting flustercated........put them down, go do something else and cool off.

Vlobb
09-15-11, 11:45
Templar nailed it. Definitely walk away if your frustration is getting the better of you. I had to. I do hope you were able to get it done by now though... ;)