PDA

View Full Version : DDM4V1 LW?

LHS
09-09-11, 12:16
I tried the search function to no avail, so I'll just ask. Has Daniel Defense ever made their M4V1 (either complete rifles or uppers) with lightweight or pencil barrels? I've seen the LW barrels on other DD models, but I want the 12.0FSB rail.

cathellsk
09-09-11, 12:19
I haven't seen it on their website and its the version I'd like to have also.

J8127
09-09-11, 12:28
I haven't seen it on their website and its the version I'd like to have also.

+1

I also hope that someday they sell lowers again, I realize they can't with a backorder of complete rifles but I have branding OCD and want the DD rollmark :sarcastic:

GeneralDisarray
09-09-11, 14:39
http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=2654

2theXtreme
09-09-11, 16:01
+1

I also hope that someday they sell lowers again, I realize they can't with a backorder of complete rifles but I have branding OCD and want the DD rollmark :sarcastic:

Are you saying stripped lowers? Because Grant has some complete DD lowers with stock options.

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=DD-22000C

I am the same way. I really don't know if I could purchase anything from anyone other than the chosen few. I don't even think I could put a different lower and upper together. Just doesn't seem right to me.

J8127
09-09-11, 16:15
I was thinking those were all out of stock, thanks!

dustburn
09-09-11, 17:47
ignore...

2theXtreme
09-09-11, 18:06
I was thinking those were all out of stock, thanks!

You are very welcome sir!

foxjordan22
09-09-11, 20:29
I tried the search function to no avail, so I'll just ask. Has Daniel Defense ever made their M4V1 (either complete rifles or uppers) with lightweight or pencil barrels? I've seen the LW barrels on other DD models, but I want the 12.0FSB rail.

Rainier had a limited run of that upper with 14.5" lightweight barrel. i snatched one up and had them pin a battle comp 1.5 on. it is one of my favorite guns. call and ask them they might be able to get you one.

LHS
09-09-11, 20:46
http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=2654

Thanks!

Just my luck, they only sell it as a complete rifle. I already have a lower, I was hoping to just buy a LW upper. Oh well, time to save more pennies.

Or perhaps I'll just see if they'll sell an upper alone.

Adam_s
09-09-11, 22:10
DD will build custom-to-order uppers for you IIRC. Just give them a call. Never hurts to ask, right?

Jay Cunningham
09-10-11, 07:06
DD built those custom for Rainier Arms - I know because I grabbed the last two of them. I kept one for myself as a b/u to my Vickers Edition M4, and a student of mine bought the other one off of me to be her primary long gun.

LHS
11-02-11, 22:33
The more I thought about it, the more I began leaning towards the M4V5 LW instead. Lo and behold, Aim Surplus has them in stock for $750 shipped (no sights, but includes BCG, CH and VFG). Ordered yesterday along with a pair of Troy fixed sights, it shipped out today.