PDA

View Full Version : Check this movie out

BCmJUnKie
09-10-11, 13:23
I been waiting for awhile for this, I bought it last night and glad I did.

Bad ASS! Original story and good cast. Definately worth checking out. http://youtu.be/ugireeCoYyU

Irish
09-10-11, 13:34
Looks really cool! Kind of like the movie The Professional. Releases on Netflix 10/4/11.

jmp45
09-10-11, 13:46
We just viewed Hanna last night.. really good flick. Eric Bana did a good job in this too, going to run 'Munich' sometime this weekend.

http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Munich/70038133

Posted this on another thread.. Max Manus, another film worth a view, very well done and up for stream.

http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Max_Manus/70123013

St.Michael
09-10-11, 14:11
it was an awesome movie for sure

chadbag
09-11-11, 18:17
Interesting. I had never heard of this movie. It was available on the plane coming over to Japan so I watched it this week. Was pretty good.

(also saw Battle Los Angeles and one about Roman Britain called The Eagle)

obucina
09-11-11, 18:26
Looks really cool! Kind of like the movie The Professional. Releases on Netflix 10/4/11.

its on iTunes!:cool:

BCmJUnKie
09-11-11, 20:32
Interesting. I had never heard of this movie. It was available on the plane coming over to Japan so I watched it this week. Was pretty good.

(also saw Battle Los Angeles and one about Roman Britain called The Eagle)

What you think of Battle: Los Angeles? I enjoyed that one. The rifles looked good and actually SOUNDED like the real thing.

ALCOAR
09-11-11, 20:33
Somebody is gonna cost me $3.99 on Amazon.com...damn you BCMJunkie:D

BCmJUnKie
09-11-11, 21:15
Somebody is gonna cost me $3.99 on Amazon.com...damn you BCMJunkie:D

If you watch it and dont like it, I will PAY for your movie. Hows that;)

dookie1481
09-14-11, 23:15
Great movie...kind of like an arthouse Bourne flick. I loved the tracking shot fight scene with Eric Bana.

chadbag
09-27-11, 20:32
What you think of Battle: Los Angeles? I enjoyed that one. The rifles looked good and actually SOUNDED like the real thing.

"Battle Los Angeles" was a movie that (figuratively) kept me on the edge of my chair pretty much most of the movie. I watched it again on the flight back from Japan this past Monday since the first time, on the flight over, I had gotten a million interruptions while watching it due to my kids etc. (10.5 hour flights to Japan are not fun with a 3 year old)

I have not been in the military so I don't know how realistic the portrayals of the marines etc were but it fit how I could imagine it to be. And as I said it kept you on the edge of your chair. All the gear was cool. I did wonder if the marines exhibited a little bit of "tunnel vision" with the ACOG. At least the filming of them made it appear that way.

--

"Hanna" was one that kind of made you think about what you were watching to try and figure out what was going on. Your mind had to be a little bit more of an active participant in the whole thing. I enjoyed it but was left with a little bit of "WTF?" at the end in terms of what I had just watched. If that makes any sense. (I was watching on an airplane on a small LCD if that makes any difference).

Here is the iTunes write up on it (no self serving referral codes included): http://itunes.apple.com/us/movie/hanna/id447296531

BCmJUnKie
09-27-11, 20:56
Im glad you guys all liked it. After I posted the thread I was like "Oh shit, what if Im crazy and everyone thinks its a pile of shit!" Lol

Everyone I have recommended it to seemed to really like it.

Redmanfms
09-27-11, 21:11
I went out on a limb and bought it when it came out on DVD, it's good, I like it. The severe lack of bonus features on the DVD is a bit of a bummer, but the movie was excellent.

The Chemical Brothers soundtrack/score really made it.

This was better than the Bourne movies, IMHO. Not as much as the "shaky camera" action crapola and honestly, Saoirse Ronan is more convincingly badass than that whelp Damon. She truly is menacing.

BCmJUnKie
09-27-11, 22:16
I absolutely hate the Bourne series.

I have tried watching them time and time again and fall asleep everytime.

They do nothing for me.

St.Michael
09-28-11, 08:43
I saw the mechanic a while back also which was a pretty good movie. I thought they had some slick shooting. Usually most of jason's movies are the same, but I liked the handgun work in this one.

BCmJUnKie
09-28-11, 11:32
+1 on the Mechanic. That ending was badass

Irish
09-28-11, 12:54
For those who've seen Hanna is it worth buying or just catch it on Netflix?

St.Michael
09-28-11, 13:17
For those who've seen Hanna is it worth buying or just catch it on Netflix?

buy for sure man

St.Michael
09-28-11, 13:19
+1 on the Mechanic. That ending was badass

What did you think of that scene where he is sitting on the couch? I mean it looks doable and fast. From what I can see it looks like they had good tech advisers for that movie.