PDA

View Full Version : Rear iron sight DD or Troy?

samuse
09-10-11, 13:31
I'm looking to put a fixed rear iron on a little carbine I have.

I have a Daniel Defense rear that I like (on another gun), but I have not had an opportunity to see a fixed Troy in person.

How do they compare to the DD?

RD62
09-10-11, 13:51
Both are excellent and cream of the crop in their respective categories (fixed and folding iron sights).

I don't know that I could say one was better than the other, more that one may be better suited for a particular application than another.

More detail on what type/configuration of rifle and in what role you plan to deploy that rifle in, would make it easier to make a suggestion for you.

ra2bach
09-10-11, 22:06
Larry Vickers did a torture test a while ago of the Vickers/Daniel Defense rifle. he submerged it, shot it with a shotgun, ran over it, dropped it from a tower and a helicopter and blew it up.

many were amazed that the gun survived. then some were amazed that the Aimpoint still worked. I was amazed that the tiny, light Daniel Defense T-1 mount was still holding zero.

I have the Daniel Defense T-1 mount and the A1.5 fixed rear sight on all my guns that use them...

El Cid
09-11-11, 08:22
Either is quality kit, but my personal preference is Troy. For some reason they seem to be the only ones making the small aperture with the dished out side facing away from the shooter (which is how I think they should all be made). If you don't notice the difference, just pick the one for which you can find the best deal.

deadlyfire
09-11-11, 18:21
had to replace my matech sights at work with troy. So far so good.

RD62
09-11-11, 18:29
My apologies.

Reading is fundamental and I failed to initially notice that you were talking about the DD A1.5 rear vs the Troy FIXED rear sight.

I think either would serve you very well, and don't really see a tremendous advantage of using one over the other.

My personal preference is for DD because they are relatively local to me and they have always been top notch to work with, shoot with, etc.

I have seen and used alot of products for both and they both turn out top notch parts.

I think this would just come down to personal preference, so get whichever you like best.

aaron_c
09-14-11, 20:25
I was trying to decide between these two a while back and ended up with the LMT rear sight. If it were me, I'd get the Troy if I wanted the DOA rear aperture and the DD otherwise. No strong particular reason, just preference.