09-10-11, 14:38
I'll be seeing it tonight.

Belmont31R
09-10-11, 14:53
Carriers is half way decent on Netflix.

sammage
09-10-11, 18:28
Carriers is half way decent on Netflix.

Good one as well. Especially brought up relevant points like disabling your own vehicle from a pothole etc, to ethical choices.

HES
09-10-11, 23:26
I saw it. The movie did make one think and I enjoyed it. However it left out a lot of stuff that would have been happening IRL if you had a virus with that sort of mortality rate.

Raven Armament
09-11-11, 00:34
Sort of like "Outbreak" with Dustin Hoffman from 10 or so years ago is what it looks like to me.

Moose-Knuckle
09-11-11, 01:43
Mirrors today’s climate. . . roger that!

What better way to depopulate down to a "manageable number", sign into law the Executive Orders, and for POTUS to become a Constitutional Dictator?

I will be seeing it this coming weekend as time permits.

duece71
09-11-11, 15:57
I just saw the movie. Lots of thoughts brought up. Ideally it looks like our system will be completely overwhelmed and chaos will ensue. Almost a year to get everything up and running with a vaccine? In 18 days, millions had already died.
I also thought it was interesting that the movie pointed out how the human race is always out for a profit from disaster. Same old same old. Good entertainment.

snackgunner
09-11-11, 15:59
Was looking forward to seeing this one. Good to see it wasnt a flop.

Irish
09-16-11, 18:22
Going to see it this weekend or coming week.

sgtjosh
09-16-11, 19:23
One of these days, a hand sanitizer manufacturer is going to start producing these flicks...great advertising and box office revenues.

Moose-Knuckle
09-17-11, 01:33
Uh-oh: Scientists say film 'Contagion' is for real

http://news.yahoo.com/uh-oh-scientists-film-contagion-real-080355672.html

The movie was spot on about a good many things, however the film's makers left out one HUGE thing. . .

*spoiler alert*

When CONUS experienced 2.5 million dead, Presidential Executive Orders would have been implemented. While the scenes of civil unrest were accurate there would not have been power to most of the homes/businesses depicted during the film and violence would have been more wide spread.

Oh, and the DOD doesn't drive Unimogs. ;)

Six Feet Under
09-18-11, 00:10
I'd like to see it either tomorrow or sometime this coming week. I'll have to look up Carriers on Netflix.

Irish
09-28-11, 00:10
Finally had a chance to go see it tonight... Good flick with a lot of interesting things to think about that aren't directly related to the main plot. I'd suggest watching it.

QuietShootr
09-28-11, 06:28
After seeing it last weekend, my wife asked me to order us new gas masks and filters.

Okay :D Two new M40s and filters enroute.

Then she wanted to take a trip to Sam's. No shit.

Pork Chop
09-28-11, 07:07
After seeing it last weekend, my wife asked me to order us new gas masks and filters.

Okay :D Two new M40s and filters enroute.

Then she wanted to take a trip to Sam's. No shit.

Good girl.

I wish I could get mine to be even just slightly paranoid.:mad:

I always get "the look" when I mention things like gas masks, not that it stops me.

Blstr88
09-28-11, 10:10
Saw it when it first came out too, I enjoyed it as well. Didnt realize it would be so much of a "SHTF" movie...

Actually I think the "SHTF" part was even played down a little if anything, I would imagine it possibly getting much worse.

QuietShootr
09-28-11, 11:17
Good girl.

I wish I could get mine to be even just slightly paranoid.:mad:

I always get "the look" when I mention things like gas masks, not that it stops me.

The other half of that story is that she's in nursing school, and she's in a microbiology class right now - so she is REALLY sensitive to germy shit at the moment. A serendipitous intersection of context and reinforcement :D

Pork Chop
09-28-11, 11:34
The other half of that story is that she's in nursing school, and she's in a microbiology class right now - so she is REALLY sensitive to germy shit at the moment. A serendipitous intersection of context and reinforcement :D

Ha Ha, whatever it takes right?

I sold mine on ammo & food storage by passing it off as "cost effective". Sometimes you just gotta give up the frontal assault & out flank em.:D

I think a trip to the movies is in order.