PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Own a Remington 7615?

DeltaSierra
09-10-11, 20:30
I am looking at picking up a Remington 7615 (http://www.remingtonle.com/rifles/7615.htm), but wanted to check and see if anyone owns one, and if so, what your thoughts are on the rifle, how many rounds you have put through it, etc.

Thanks,

DeltaSierra

Aegis
10-22-11, 12:53
I've got one with the ghost ring sights. Paid $450 for it a few years back. I put a Bushnell TRS25 red dot on top (cheap copy of the Aimpoint H1) for $79 with a lifetime warranty.

We've put near 1000 rounds through it. I prefer Magpul 20 round P mags.

The Wife likes it because it's the same function and control wise as the 870 which she can run like no tomorrow. I've found it super reliable, and very accurate. It's pretty fun to shoot and has zero recoil.

I'd but another one if the price was right. They don't make them anymore so get spare parts for it.

Only negative is it's not the easiest rifle to get clean.

ST911
10-22-11, 17:08
There should be a few threads with user experiences here. I know they've been discussed.

In short, they don't hold up well, have questionable reliability, and are a bit heavy and unwieldy.

The primary merit of the design is the direct crossover between the 870 and 7615. Thought to simplify and abbreviate transition training to patrol rifles from (or in addition to) 870s, their time had already come and gone when they were brought to market. Now, they are a bit of a football bat collecting dust on gunstore used shelves.

Remington had some trouble giving them away. When you consider that the only thing cheaper than a cop is two cops, that's rather significant.

Kilroy
10-22-11, 21:23
While attending a couple of the 5.11 events in Montana, I had a chance to shoot the 7615. No primary extraction was among some of the issues. Could have bought one for less then $300 after the event. Thanks, but no thanks.

ChocLab
10-22-11, 23:01