PDA

View Full Version : how to strike through characters

Rebel Rifle Ordnance
09-11-11, 15:54
Could someone tell me how to strike through characters on this site? It is usually <s>strike through</s> but that doesn't work her.

wetidlerjr
09-14-11, 19:00
You can't do it here. Go here: BB Code (https://www.m4carbine.net/misc.php?do=bbcode) to see what is allowed. I believe the Admins can change what can be used. You might ask. :cool:

Army Chief
09-14-11, 19:09
You're referencing valid HTML code, which is obviously active on some boards elsewhere on the web. At M4C, we've effectively limited inputs to BB code (referenced above) for reasons of simplicity and security.

We do apologize for the inconvenience, but this measure does cut down a bit on likely intrusion paths and malicious coding, and since none of us are full-time programmers, we've elected not to tempt fate much beyond this. ;)

AC

wetidlerjr
09-15-11, 01:07
You're referencing valid HTML code, which is obviously active on some boards elsewhere on the web. At M4C, we've effectively limited inputs to BB code (referenced above) for reasons of simplicity and security.
We do apologize for the inconvenience, but this measure does cut down a bit on likely intrusion paths and malicious coding, and since none of us are full-time programmers, we've elected not to tempt fate much beyond this. ;)
AC

Although I do understand your concerns, I don't believe allowing "strike through" in the BB code will compromise the site. But, then again, it isn't my site so I can live without it. :cool:

Army Chief
09-15-11, 05:40
Although I do understand your concerns, I don't believe allowing "strike through" in the BB code will compromise the site. But, then again, it isn't my site so I can live without it. :cool:

I agree, but BB code doesn't feature a strikethrough option to the best of my knowledge, so either we enable html, or we accept the limitations of BB code, such as it is. That's what I was talking about earlier. This was done long before I came on the scene, but I do understand the underlying rationale.

AC

wetidlerjr
09-15-11, 09:03
Text with line-through/strike through
Striking through text is easily done with bbcode via the [s] tag.

To find out more about the bbcode tags used on this page, please go to the bbcode tags reference page...

Go to: BBCode.org (http://www.bbcode.org/examples/?id=4)

:D