PDA

View Full Version : KAC 7.62 Questions

Mo_Zam_Beek
09-11-11, 19:49
I am looking at a light weight match with a November 2009 test target.

The rifle has a URX rail and not the old style rail. That said, I am under the impression that around that time KAC came out with their Enhanced Modifications. How do I know if this rifle has those modifications? In other words - what is the difference between a November 2009 LW Match, and a current EMR?

TIA

Bolt_Overide
09-11-11, 21:03
I have both the carbine and the rifle, Im not sure of their manufacture date, but they do have the enhancements. Im sure Kevin B can confirm this, but its my belief that everything made with the "enhanced" monicer has the new enhancements.

post tensioned
09-20-11, 16:56
The difference between the Light Weight Match and the EMR is the trigger guard and the name. I have a LWM, and I've stripped it down side by side to a EMR, and these are the only differences we could find. The new 20" guns have all the same enhancements.

OTO27
09-20-11, 18:33
The difference between the Light Weight Match and the EMR is the trigger guard and the name. I have a LWM, and I've stripped it down side by side to a EMR, and these are the only differences we could find. The new 20" guns have all the same enhancements.

Is the Gas port size between them the same. From my understanding one of the "enhancements" in the EM line is the gas port was resized.

Belmont31R
09-20-11, 18:39
Im not so sure there are many differences.

The main changes that took place took places on the carbine not the rifle.

Hopefully Kevin catches this thread.

Depending on the price they are asking it might just be worth it to get a latest production EMR. I know Ive seen them for low 4k range and ONE I saw a few months ago for 4k even. If its in the 3-4k range I would personally just opt for a new gun.

post tensioned
09-20-11, 20:24
As far as I'm aware there was no changes to the gas ports between the EMR and LWM.

I always favor buying a newer gun, but if you get a really good deal on the LWM I would say to go for it, and don't feel bad about it. I bought one back in 2009, and I currently have around 5000 rounds through it. At least 3000 of those were suppressed. The gun has been outstanding in both accuracy and reliability.