PDA

View Full Version : Pics from the office

Timbonez
09-14-11, 18:49
I thought I would share some pics with you guys. Monday night I was in the #2 jet for a training sortie. The following are pics of Lead doing a battle damage (BD) check on our jet and assuming the lead position. The last one is a takeoff in the winter. It's from a camera phone so the image isn't the best... plus there is some crap on the window. Enjoy.

DocHolliday01
09-14-11, 20:12
I love B1's. Great pics.

J-Dub
09-14-11, 20:50
I take it you're stationed in SD? I know the B1's are either in SD or Abilene Tx....

Take it from me, stay in SD!

Army Chief
09-14-11, 20:54
I've been a military aviator for more than 20 years, and I'm still envious.

Something about the BONE just reaches me. Always has.

AC

Timbonez
09-14-11, 21:46
J-Dub, yes I'm in SD. A few years ago, when I earned my wings and found out I was going to the B-1, I already knew I wanted Ellsworth (SD). It's a much better location for me. Unfortunately, Dyess (TX) handles all training, test, weapons school, etc. for the BONE. I was there for initial qualification training, and I'm sure I'll be back as long as I stay in the community. That being said, the frau was just accepted to OTS and was picked up for RPAs. I'm considering switching to RPAs when able or just getting out once my commitment ends to ease the potential strain on our marriage.

It's a fun jet to fly and we carry a ton of bombs and fuel, which makes us very flexible in badguy land... plus we're fast.

Redhat
09-14-11, 21:59
Cool! First tiime I got to see them was Redflag '90...August to be exact, right before everyone headed over to deal with Saddam the first time.

I was ECM working on RF-4Cs at the time.

Timbonez
11-22-11, 09:46
http://img.tapatalk.com/aefcaa83-c3a1-2dbd.jpg

Another pic: KC-135 refueling lead. Actually they're just practicing contacts.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Cobra66
11-22-11, 10:10
Awesome pics! The BONE has always been a favorite. I remember when they were doing the testing of the aircraft in the early 80s, having them fly past my house in Wyoming and after that I always enjoyed watching then at the Frontier Days airshow in Cheyenne. Something about a heavy aircraft with afterburners that can give even a dead man wood.

What is that pylon under the fuselage? Is it a LANTRN pod?

What is your guys call sign? I'm in and out of KRAP a few times a month.

jaxman7
11-22-11, 10:28
Something about the BONE just reaches me. Always has.

AC

Same here, there's just something very drawing about its combination of graceful lines and ominous appearance (especially while in flight) I friggin' love.

-Jax

sammage
11-22-11, 10:49
Miss seeing those when they had them here at McConnell. Closest I got was the simulator. Nice takeoff pic, I remember them waking me up. :D

montanadave
11-22-11, 10:55
I've had you guys make a few low-level passes when I've been out and about in these parts.

Never fails to make an impression.

Timbonez
11-22-11, 11:24
What is that pylon under the fuselage? Is it a LANTRN pod?

What is your guys call sign? I'm in and out of KRAP a few times a month.

It's a SNIPER Advanced Targeting Pod.

Callsigns stateside are based on squadron. It's "Tiger" in my case.

jmp45
11-22-11, 12:29
Fantastic photos Tim, the winter takeoff is my desktop back now. Thanks for this post!

Honu
11-22-11, 13:32
very cool :) my dad flew f-86 in the Korean war and was a commercial pilot later on so grew up with a love for aviation :)

CarlosDJackal
11-22-11, 14:21
Niiice. Can we hitch a ride sometime? :D

Suwannee Tim
11-22-11, 16:25
With a little bit of luck we will get a new Prez who will give you guys some targets to bomb.

DeltaSierra
11-22-11, 18:28
With a little bit of luck we will get a new Prez who will give you guys some targets to bomb.

Talk about a thread hijack.... :rolleyes:

OP, thanks for posting the pictures.

SeriousStudent
11-22-11, 18:40
Outstanding!! As a former grunt, I have a vast warm fuzzy love for big flying things that rain steel upon mine enemies. :D

You need to send a copy of you wearing the Noveske cap to John and Sheri at Noveske, they would love it, I bet!

They might even send some schwag to your envious fellow crewmen - one never knows.

Wishing success to your squadron, and confusion to your enemies. May your number of takeoffs and landings always match.

Thanks again for posting the pics.

Timbonez
11-22-11, 21:19

We deploy and and get to drop iron when it's necessary.

Timbonez
11-22-11, 21:24
Outstanding!! As a former grunt, I have a vast warm fuzzy love for big flying things that rain steel upon mine enemies. :D

You need to send a copy of you wearing the Noveske cap to John and Sheri at Noveske, they would love it, I bet!

They might even send some schwag to your envious fellow crewmen - one never knows.

Wishing success to your squadron, and confusion to your enemies. May your number of takeoffs and landings always match.

Thanks again for posting the pics.

Haha, I might have to. I forgot to pack that hat when I deployed, but I had my wife send it to me while I was out there. I wore it on every flight after it showed up. My one AR is a Noveske.

VooDoo6Actual
11-22-11, 21:32
Great pics

thx

Suwannee Tim
11-23-11, 07:32
I grew up on airports around airplanes and pilots. For unknown reasons I was never bitten by the aviation bug. I do love looking at the pictures though. That B1 is a great bird! Another thread hijack: My wife teaches Kindergarten and the schools coach got a ride with the Blue Angels last month. This guy doesn't know an aileron from a longeron but he gets a ride. I wouldn't have done it. There are folks that would give their left testicule and half their right for a ride. My conscience would bother me taking up the slot.

chadbag
11-23-11, 13:11
There is a B-1 (sans engines) outside of the Hill AFB museum. (And a B-29 interestingly). Never fails to impress.

HK51Fan
11-23-11, 18:04
We live in a cool country and definitely have the coolest toyz!!! :neo: