PDA

View Full Version : West german Sig220 help.

deadlyfire
09-14-11, 21:23
My friend was recently given a Sig Saur P220 from an ex-military bloke. He claims it's a west German gun with less than 300 rounds through it.
Tomorrow I will be posting serials and stamps and hopefully the more experienced Sig owners would be able to tell me something about the gun and some sort of worth.
He claims the gun came into the US through illegitimate so I don't know if that means it will be missing importation marks (like the ones on an imported KAR98K)

Thank you all for your help and imput

Rinspeed
09-15-11, 07:19
Here are the date codes to determine when it was made. If it doesn't have codes, under the front of the slide, and proof marks it was made in the states. All the sheet steel slides say made in Germany or W. Germany but that doesn't necessarily mean the gun was made there.

A = 0
B = 1
C = 2
D = 3
E = 4
F = 5
G = 6
H = 7
J = 8
K = 9

abn45bravo
09-15-11, 10:57
My friend was recently given a Sig Saur P220 from an ex-military bloke. He claims it's a west German gun with less than 300 rounds through it.
Tomorrow I will be posting serials and stamps and hopefully the more experienced Sig owners would be able to tell me something about the gun and some sort of worth.
He claims the gun came into the US through illegitimate so I don't know if that means it will be missing importation marks (like the ones on an imported KAR98K)

Thank you all for your help and imput
Ok so you are posting for all the world to read that your friend has an pistol that was smuggled into the US illegal. Have you lost your f#cking mind? I suggest you remove your post.

deadlyfire
09-15-11, 13:34
It's what a friend of a friend of a friend claims...something I'm not really worried about, I expect to find that it was made in the US.

deadlyfire
09-15-11, 20:36
so it's 1992 from what the date code rinspeed posted (thanks)

"exeter-nh" was stamped on gun as well as an eagle with an "N" above it. The other stamped looked to be a crown of some sort with the letters KC.

The fit and finish of the gun was 95% easy. There's only the slightest holster wear and on the feed ramp.

It came with the original box, 8 magazine and a box of Black Talons. What do y'all think about the value and where this gun came from?

Nephrology
09-15-11, 21:13

"exeter-nh" was stamped on gun as well as an eagle with an "N" above it. The other stamped looked to be a crown of some sort with the letters KC.

The fit and finish of the gun was 95% easy. There's only the slightest holster wear and on the feed ramp.

It came with the original box, 8 magazine and a box of Black Talons. What do y'all think about the value and where this gun came from?

if it says "exeter NH" on the gun I'm pretty sure it probably was manf. here. Unless that's Exeter, North Hamfordshire, and I'm pretty sure SIG isn't from the UK... :D

KhanRad
09-15-11, 21:41

As the previous poster said, it is a legal import. 1992 was a very good time period for the quality of Sigs.....particularly those still made with West German parts.

In a market of savvy Sig buyers(online in places like Sig Forums), a 1992 P220 new in the box would fetch about $750. Like new, but used, would be around $600. Used with minor wear would be around $500-$550. The P220 .45acp is not as desirable as 9mm Sigs.

In a market such as news paper classified adds, or online places such as Guns America you can up the price about an extra $50 or so. However, it usually takes a little longer to sell it off this route.

I've been working on and collecting Sigs for years. If your friend is big on shooting .45acp and like to collect, keeping the W. German P220 is a good idea. If he's more concerned with having a hard working defensive pistol, there are better, more modern alternatives out there.

Joe Mamma
09-16-11, 06:30

deadlfire, I just sent you a PM.

One other point, the mags you have are probably 7 round mags. Around the year 2001, the P220 mags became 8 rounders.

Joe Mamma

Rinspeed
09-17-11, 05:48
s

It is a German made 220 or it wouldn't have the date code and proof marks. They didn't start putting then together in NH until a couple years after yours was made. I would say it's worth $400-500 with just two of the mags. Post a pic of it.

deadlyfire
09-17-11, 05:55
it will be awhile before I get the chance to take a clear shot of the markings or anything.
I'll try and remember to get some shots when I'm in the area of his house again.