PDA

View Full Version : Check out Colt's new website

Moltke
09-15-11, 15:13
Hey everyone this is my first post here on M4C. First I'd like to say thanks for the many knowledgeable people who contribute to this website and thanks to the moderators for having a low tolerance for bad information.

Secondly, like the thread title says, check out Colt's new website.
http://www.colt.com/Default.aspx

They are actually showing pictures and information on:
Sub Compact Weapon - http://www.colt.com/ColtLawEnforcement/Products/ColtSubCompactWeaponSCW.aspx
Advanced Piston System - http://www.colt.com/ColtLawEnforcement/Products/ColtAdvancedPistonSystem.aspx
Infantry Automatic Rifle - http://www.colt.com/ColtLawEnforcement/Products/ColtInfantryAutomaticRifleIAR.aspx

Now the question is, when and how (or through who) will these be available?

g5m
09-15-11, 16:20
Pretty useable website.

Magic_Salad0892
09-15-11, 16:48
LE6945?

SCW to civilian market?...

Stickman
09-15-11, 16:59
Aside from a couple new (and decent) pictures, the rest appears to be the same horrible images and info which has always been there. Its slightly better, but it shows Colt still doesn't have the understanding of the current civilian market.

654Boomer
09-15-11, 18:24
Does anyone know if the Colt LE 6933 (11.5" SBR) is still available? I do not see it on the new website.

TriumphRat675
09-15-11, 19:01
Yes, they call it the Commando.

Moltke
09-20-11, 12:46
Looking at Colt's track record I wouldn't expect them to know what the public wants, but they sure do respond well to government contracts. If they don't catch on and catch up, the industry might just leave them behind.

againstthagrane
09-21-11, 22:59
Aside from a couple new (and decent) pictures, the rest appears to be the same horrible images and info which has always been there. Its slightly better, but it shows Colt still doesn't have the understanding of the current civilian market.

seriously.

Iraqgunz
09-22-11, 00:44
If you have something to say (other than seriously) then please say it.

seriously.

againstthagrane
09-22-11, 00:52
They seriously need to create a more user friendly and modern website that doesn't require you to download the catalog in order to browse the models.

is that more appropriate?

ETA: the LE page doesn't seem to have the same issue as the civie page

Iraqgunz
09-22-11, 00:55
Apparently reading comprehension is an issue. Stickman basically said that the pics are terrible and that Colt doesn't understand the civy market.

You then said "seriously" as if he was wrong. So what part of what he said was it that you didn't agree with?

They seriously need to create a more user friendly and modern website that doesn't require you to download the catalog in order to browse the models.

is that more appropriate?

againstthagrane
09-22-11, 01:02
if i didn't agree with him i would have said "seriously?" as in "you don't seriously think that do you?"

i totally agreed with him so i said "seriously." as in "that is seriously the case, stickman. i completely agree with what you're saying."

kmc0929
09-24-11, 08:20
haha remember those cheesy ass drawings from their old site?

KhanRad
09-24-11, 08:27
I suspect that if Colt could not sell to LE or military, they would discontinue their M16/M4 line and only sell "sporting" firearms.......then they'd keep lobbying for more restrictive firearm import laws and another assault weapon ban.

Dunderway
09-24-11, 15:12
I suspect that if Colt could not sell to LE or military, they would discontinue their M16/M4 line and only sell "sporting" firearms.......then they'd keep lobbying for more restrictive firearm import laws and another assault weapon ban.

Why do you suspect this?

And when you say "keep lobbying" do you mean to imply that they are already lobbying for another AWB?

kwelz
09-24-11, 15:13

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!
This makes no sense. Unless of course you just want to hate on Colt.

KhanRad
09-24-11, 18:34
Some biggest lobbiests for the 1989 import ban on assault type weapons were Colt, Ruger, and S&W.

http://www.nytimes.com/1989/07/08/us/import-ban-on-assault-rifles-becomes-permanent.html

This prevented the importing of foreign manufactured assault type weapons, magazines, and other non "sporting" firearms. This is why you still cannot purchase a true semiauto HK 416 on US soil, and why there was no interest in foreign manufacturers to try to get around the import law until the AWB expired in 2004 and the antigun climate in the US started to simmer down.

Colt also lobbied heavily for the 1986 machine gun ban which also temporarily stopped foreign imports into the US. At least as long as the 1989 act could be put into place. Colt also began making LE only lower receivers in 1992 in anticipation of an AWB, started shipping 10rd magazines(or no magazines) with new civilian rifles in 1993, and were also part of Clinton's advisory team for the 1994 bill. The DOI made a huge order of Colt rifles in 1994 as well, and Colt got a few more large government contracts after 1994. Do the math, Colt likes to make money.

My feelings on Colt are that they make a good product, but they do not listen to the consumer customer base, they are heavily unionized, and they are interested in making money to the point that they will scalp the civilian market to do so. With so many alternatives out there, based on their history I'd probably never buy another Colt again.

kwelz
09-24-11, 18:47
1994 does not = 2011

KhanRad
09-24-11, 18:50
1994 does not = 2011

True, but now you can see the meaning behind why I talked about Colt's politics in my first post.

Dunderway
09-24-11, 21:52
Some biggest lobbiests for the 1989 import ban on assault type weapons were Colt, Ruger, and S&W.

http://www.nytimes.com/1989/07/08/us/import-ban-on-assault-rifles-becomes-permanent.html

This prevented the importing of foreign manufactured assault type weapons, magazines, and other non "sporting" firearms. This is why you still cannot purchase a true semiauto HK 416 on US soil, and why there was no interest in foreign manufacturers to try to get around the import law until the AWB expired in 2004 and the antigun climate in the US started to simmer down.

Colt also lobbied heavily for the 1986 machine gun ban which also temporarily stopped foreign imports into the US. At least as long as the 1989 act could be put into place. Colt also began making LE only lower receivers in 1992 in anticipation of an AWB, started shipping 10rd magazines(or no magazines) with new civilian rifles in 1993, and were also part of Clinton's advisory team for the 1994 bill. The DOI made a huge order of Colt rifles in 1994 as well, and Colt got a few more large government contracts after 1994. Do the math, Colt likes to make money.

My feelings on Colt are that they make a good product, but they do not listen to the consumer customer base, they are heavily unionized, and they are interested in making money to the point that they will scalp the civilian market to do so. With so many alternatives out there, based on their history I'd probably never buy another Colt again.

Very interesting (if fact), and I have never seen this issue broken down like this, nor to such a magnitude.

Ring
09-24-11, 22:46
if i didn't agree with him i would have said "seriously?" as in "you don't seriously think that do you?"

i totally agreed with him so i said "seriously." as in "that is seriously the case, stickman. i completely agree with what you're saying."

Super seriously!

billybob19606
09-25-11, 10:10
Super seriously!

+1 It's all about the punctuation. ;)

againstthagrane
09-25-11, 10:33
+1 It's all about the punctuation. ;)

for the record, my original post was punctuated correctly :dance3:

Moltke
09-29-11, 17:21
It's sad how some companies act regarding politics, I hope Colt is capable of learning from their mistakes. Hopefully we will NEVER see a firearm manufacturer support ANY gun ban in the future.

Politics aside, Colt makes quality firearms and with the multitude of aftermarket options, building a semi-custom AR from a basic Colt rifle is a reasonable use of time/money if you don't have the skill to do it from scratch (I don't). There's a lot of people who have a semi-custom rifle that started off as a Colt gun.

I'm interested to see what the civilian opportunities will be to own new Colt products over the next year or two. Hopefully Colt will realize that these firearms are sold to our military and police forces so the GOV can protect the citizens. And by using that logic, the same products should be sold to citizens to protect themselves.

It would be nice if Colt makes everything available to the public just as they make it available to LE/GOV, because there's always room in my closet for another Colt... even if it says "Sporter".

TacticalTurtle
09-29-11, 18:52

http://www.nytimes.com/1989/07/08/us...permanent.html

Very interesting (if fact), and I have never seen this issue broken down like this, nor to such a magnitude.

Indeed. Can anyone provide further evidence on this?