PDA

View Full Version : I am so Proud !!My Friend Got his Airborne wings today

warpigM-4
09-16-11, 10:32
As the title Said I have watch this Boy grow up and become a Man .He came to me to talk about Joining the Military.

I Hooked him up with a Friend that is a squared away, No Bullshit Recruiter ,Well today He got His Wings at Ft Benning.I am so Proud to Be a part of his Journey .

I felt Humbled when he Thanked Me for setting Him up and said "He could Not Have Done this without Me" :D I had to Post this I feel Like a New Dad haha.
He is headed to Ft Lee this Afternoon and will finish his training By December .

He is My Brother In Arms and I love Him Like He is my Son .But I still tell him Tankers Lead the Way :lol: That is All

Army Chief
09-16-11, 12:02
Ah, parachutist wings -- now I get it.

AC

Littlelebowski
09-16-11, 12:05
Good for him. When I got mine, members of the Triple Nickel (http://www.uh.edu/engines/epi1533.htm) came out to graciously pin them on for my class. Truly an honor.

warpigM-4
09-16-11, 12:13
Ah, parachutist wings -- now I get it.

AC

I edited the title HAHA Sorry that was a little Odd when I read it back to Myself Too.:D

dhrith
09-16-11, 16:32
Tankers may lead the way, but "airborne" likely already did the forced entry and is there waiting for ya. ;p

Hooah. ;p

warpigM-4
09-16-11, 16:47
Tankers may lead the way, but "airborne" likely already did the forced entry and is there waiting for ya. ;p

Hooah. ;p

Yelp Got to love the Airborne:D they even have the Coffee ready for us :jester:
He Is a Rigger with the 20th Special Forces here In B'ham and is already talking about Pushing to Go Ranger and he Hopes to get H.A.L.O also He is pumped .

they Lost about 198 out of 400 due to washout ,injury and Guys trying to get everybody Killed .
His Friend in his Bay was told he would never Get his wings and Not to every think of trying to come back to Airborne training that asshat was playing around on the Jump tower and about Made a Guy fall off .they ripped him a new one and sent him Packing.Airborne don't play that is for sure.

Has anyone trained a FT Lee what is it Like ??

Thomas M-4
09-16-11, 17:24
Its a small world. I enlisted in 96' at the 20th SFG for Rigger when it was still at OPORTO MADRID.
Didn't get a chance to try for it because the M.E.P.S said I was color blind sad part is I am not there is a 10% failure rate with that damn dot color test.
Glade he got it be very proud.

Army Chief
09-16-11, 17:37
Has anyone trained a FT Lee what is it Like ??

It's earned the nickname "Fort Leisure" over the years, so I wouldn't be too overtly concerned. ;)

AC

RogerinTPA
09-16-11, 17:50
As the title Said I have watch this Boy grow up and become a Man .He came to me to talk about Joining the Military.

I Hooked him up with a Friend that is a squared away, No Bullshit Recruiter ,Well today He got His Wings at Ft Benning.I am so Proud to Be a part of his Journey .

I felt Humbled when he Thanked Me for setting Him up and said "He could Not Have Done this without Me" :D I had to Post this I feel Like a New Dad haha.
He is headed to Ft Lee this Afternoon and will finish his training By December .

He is My Brother In Arms and I love Him Like He is my Son .But I still tell him Tankers Lead the Way :lol: That is All

Good on him...one less "Leg" in the world.:D Airborne all the way!

Good for him. When I got mine, members of the Triple Nickel (http://www.uh.edu/engines/epi1533.htm) came out to graciously pin them on for my class. Truly an honor.

They did the same for our class. It was an honor to meet and hear their stories about what they went through.

Eric D.
09-16-11, 22:19
Congratulations to your friend. My brother is at Ft. Benning for OSUT as an Infantryman. He wants to do airborne school as well.

warpigM-4
09-16-11, 22:34
Thank Guys I am Pretty proud for him ,He did tell me on one jump his Chin hit his collar Bone and he Knocked his self stupid for a Moment ,But was able to release his chute before it started to drag him only 2 Combat jumps and 3 Hollywood jumps. But man was he pumped :D

Army Chief
09-16-11, 22:50
To me, the best part about being on airborne status wasn't so much the jumping itself (that's resplendent with its own highs and lows), but the privilege of serving beside other warriors who were willing to do the same. In the middle of the night. Loaded down with 160 pounds of gear. I always figured that if the guy to your left and to your right could summons the personal courage to pass a gut check like that month after month, you could probably count on him to be pretty reliable in a firefight.

My years in the 82d left a pretty idelible mark; so much so that long ago I committed these words inscribed on the Division memorial to memory:

There will always be an 82d Airborne Division
because it lives in the hearts of men,
and somewhere young men will dare
the challenge to "stand up and hook up,"
and know that moment of pride and strength
which is its reward.

All The Way, indeed.

AC

CarlosDJackal
09-17-11, 10:05
Tell your friend, "Welcome to the Brotherhood"!! I received my Jump Wings more than 27-years ago and I still remember my first jump like it was this morning.

My last jump (my 34th) was just over 3-years ago (more than 20-years after my 33rd jump) and even though I am still assigned to an Airborne slot; I will probably never jump again.

Being a Paratrooper is one of those experiences that will define your character and will always be a part of you for the rest of your life. Kudos for leading him down the right path.

SeriousStudent
09-17-11, 10:42
Congratulations to your friend, on attaining a milestone in his service to our country.

And remind him there is no such thing as a "perfectly good airplane", when the Air Force is flying it! :p

I keed, I keed! :D I have many friends and several relatives that wore a blue suit. Fine folks, every one of them.

warpigM-4
09-17-11, 10:55
Congratulations to your friend, on attaining a milestone in his service to our country.

And remind him there is no such thing as a "perfectly good airplane", when the Air Force is flying it! :p

I keed, I keed! :D I have many friends and several relatives that wore a blue suit. Fine folks, every one of them.

Man it is funny you say that he said the second jump one of the instructors screamed to Hurry and stand up and hook up the Air force pilot Looks like he had a rough Night and they need to get out Now or they might drop us out in the middle of no where .He did say the AF pilots where really good guys that Showed them all the ends and outs of the C130