PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a new scope - need ideas

Boomer10
06-08-06, 16:49
I've bought a new 700P recently and now I need a new scope. I'm primary looking at the Leupold Mark 4 line but I am open to other suggestions. I'm looking for something around the 3-10 x 40 range. I don't shoot at long ranges right now (mainly due to the fact that there aren't that many ranges near me that go beyond 200 yds). Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hawkeye
06-08-06, 17:53
I went with a Mark 4 LR/T on my LTR. I am really happy with it so far. The Mark 4 scopes are really nice.
This one would probably do everything you wanted, and then some.

http://www.riflescopes.com/products/LEU52128/leupold_3.5-10x40_mark_4_lr_t_30mm_riflescope.htm

C4IGrant
06-08-06, 20:03
I've bought a new 700P recently and now I need a new scope. I'm primary looking at the Leupold Mark 4 line but I am open to other suggestions. I'm looking for something around the 3-10 x 40 range. I don't shoot at long ranges right now (mainly due to the fact that there aren't that many ranges near me that go beyond 200 yds). Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

The MK4 optics are very nice, but I prefer the Night Force and S&B line the best.

C4

www.GRTactical.com

Boom
06-09-06, 12:27
I hate to say this but I have several buddies that love the Super Sniper. I do not know if its still for sell or not. Not sure if they are still producing them.

Hawkeye
06-09-06, 15:08
http://www.riflescopes.com/departments/231/rifle_scopes/super_sniper_rifle_scopes.htm

K.L. Davis
06-10-06, 00:51
I really like the Nikon that I have... they make one that sounds like what you are looking for -- 2.5-10x44

The glass is very nice, crystal clear picture and the etched reticle is very crisp. Illuminated mil-dot system with green or red is nice for overcoming background washout and the price is (was) very decent.

just a thought...

bigbore
06-10-06, 06:06
I really like the Nikon that I have... they make one that sounds like what you are looking for -- 2.5-10x44

The glass is very nice, crystal clear picture and the etched reticle is very crisp. Illuminated mil-dot system with green or red is nice for overcoming background washout and the price is (was) very decent.

just a thought...

My M70 and AR10 both have 2.5-10 Nikons, excellent optic and the price is right.

13MPG
06-10-06, 21:11
Right now I have a Super Sniper 10Xsf and it's a great scope for the money but I am going to sell it and buy a Luepold MK4. The main reason that I am selling it is for the better glass. As far as the Nikon scopes go I had a Buckmasters 4.5-14x40 and it was awesome. The only thing I would have changed would be a good set of target knobs.

Boomer10
06-10-06, 22:40
Thanks for all of the input. Right now I'm still leaning very much towards the Leupolds, specifically the Mark 4 line.

K.L. Davis
06-10-06, 22:57
Right now I have a Super Sniper 10Xsf and it's a great scope for the money but I am going to sell it and buy a Luepold MK4. The main reason that I am selling it is for the better glass. As far as the Nikon scopes go I had a Buckmasters 4.5-14x40 and it was awesome. The only thing I would have changed would be a good set of target knobs.

Nikons tactical line is completely different from the sportsman line. Last I was told they are still made at the Nikon plant in Japan. The cost is about the same as a loopy, looks like retail on them is 1000 to 1500... but I think the quality is better than any other scope out there in that price range.

Boomer10
06-12-06, 21:25
K.L. Davis and bigbore,

I'm actually thinking of getting the Nikon 2.5-10x44 Tactical. I'm just trying to decide between the illuminated and non-illuminated, there's a price difference of about $150. Is it worth it to get the illuminated reticule? Like I said before, I mainly shoot at the local range.

Harv
06-12-06, 21:56
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/harv24/IMG_0175.jpg

10X Mk 4 with Premier Mildot reticle, but If I was looking for another, I would take a serious look at the Nikon Tactical line. Very nice and a little easier on the wallet then Leupold .