PDA

View Full Version : Cylinder and Slide drop in trigger in Springfield loaded?

The Dumb Gun Collector
11-11-07, 17:43
Guys,

My Springfield Loaded has a 7+ pound trigger. Otherwise, it is crisp with a very short reset. I just wish it was a little lighter. I was thinking about getting one of the 4.5 pound C&S drop-in triggers. Any potential pitfalls I should know about? Any other solutions (less radical).

Robb Jensen
11-11-07, 17:52
I run that exact trigger kit in my SA Loaded and it works fine.

Don Robison
11-11-07, 17:54
I've got the C&S Professional in one of my Colt's works as advertised breaks clean at 5lb. I also mated it to their solid smooth face trigger.

The Dumb Gun Collector
11-11-07, 17:57
I have to say, this gun is changing my thinking on "cheap" 1911s. I have a very trick Novak's Commander that has all the tweaks. I have owned a Kimber Warrior (that was so-so) in the reliability department--but took about 1000 rounds to break in. I have owned various Colts. This gun runs perfectly. I did replace the FLGR because of the backing out issue, but it never caused an actual problem. If I can tune this trigger up I will have to say that I will put them at the top of my recommended list.

John Fettes
11-11-07, 18:05
I put a C&S hammer & sear in my SA BiTone LW 5" gun, in addition to removing the ILS parts from the MSH. It made a world of difference. I didn't have a trigger pull gauge when the gun was new, but it was very heavy.

John

Akoni
11-11-07, 18:48
I dropped one of the C&S Tactical kits in my SA TRP to get rid of some MIM stuff and (knock on wood) its been running great. It's a decent trigger job but not quite as nice as what was in there (~7k thru it). I'm hoping it'll smooth out and lighten up a bit. I also dumped the ILS system. My sample of one.

SuicideHz
11-11-07, 19:18
I've been trying to sell my loaded with my Dawson rail, 10-8 rear, gold bead front, Guncraft MSH, EGW flat trigger, etc. with no luck.

I'll now be swapping out the grips and I'm tempted to drop in a C&S kit too.

Which hammer are you going to choose?

The Dumb Gun Collector
11-11-07, 19:32
Interesting development.

I dropped in the sear spring from a Colt 70 series reissue. It brought the weight down to 5.5-6 pounds. I am thinking about leaving it. Other than weight, the trigger was excellent. Any reason not to do this?:confused:

SuicideHz
11-11-07, 19:34
No. It's a new spring. Of course it's different...

I was hoping you'd get the C&S so you can show me pictures and give a report though ;)

The Dumb Gun Collector
11-11-07, 19:36
I probably will. And if I do, I will take pics.:D

RD62
11-11-07, 21:55
Glad to hear you found an inexpensive fix for the pull weight on your Loaded. I replaced the ignition parts on mine with EGW parts, but have heard really good things about the C&S parts. I changed mainly to replace the MIM parts with higher quality although the factory parts once tuned were pretty nice, I kept them as spares. I too recommend the Loaded models as a good value. Good luck with your plans!

-RD62