PDA

View Full Version : Magpul MBUS or A.R.M.S. 71L

polydeuces
09-17-11, 17:12
Anyone compared these 2 (rear) sights?
Like the CQB notch on the 71L. Also still wondering how much the movement (MOA) is per click on either one.

st1650
09-17-11, 18:12
Have you considered the Troy ? Much tougher unit in my opinion.

Ridge_Runner_5
09-17-11, 21:02
Troy would get my vote.

If you HAVE to pick from one of those, though, I'd probably go with the ARMS.

Stickman
09-17-11, 23:07
Have you considered the Troy ? Much tougher unit in my opinion.

I've broken two Troy sights (rear folders).

LTMattyL
09-17-11, 23:35
I've broken two Troy sights (rear folders).

If you don't mind me asking, what were the circumstances behind the two breakages and what part of the sight failed?

locobombero
09-18-11, 00:37
Anyone compared these 2 (rear) sights?
Like the CQB notch on the 71L. Also still wondering how much the movement (MOA) is per click on either one.

From actual first hand knowledge I recommend the Version 2 Magpul. The ARMS really didn't work well at all for me.

polydeuces
09-18-11, 14:16
Reason my asking is - they both appear to be the only viable "plastic" options: being light-weight, affordable and sturdy. Both from manufacturers with solid reputations. But from what I can tell, this is where the similarity ends.

Whereas the market is saturated with Magpul products, the ARMS is far less mainstream, which in no means is an indication of it being a lesser product.

Which leads me to ask those who've had actual experience with both, where is their preference & why.
Another question I have is why there's no info about sight adjustment, par click (MOA), on either, whereas this is available on most BUIS. Any reason in particular?

HK51Fan
09-19-11, 03:21
+1 for the ARMS MBUS, I've had one on my AR for 5-6yrs.