PDA

View Full Version : Does BCM light weight upper (carbine) come with F marked FSB?

Kilo 1-1
09-17-11, 20:08
I just ordered a BCM lightweight/pencil barreled 16in (carbine sys) upper, and I forgot to find out beforehand if the FSB are the correct height.

I know BCM specified the FSB as having the .625 diameter, so these are the 'true' light weight barrels with FSB, but I'm just not sure if they're the right height for flattops.

Thanks in advance.

Quiet-Matt
09-17-11, 20:14
Yes, they come with the correct "F" marked FSB for the flat top reciever. Go back to the product page and scroll down, there you'll find the specs. It's BCM, they do it right.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-Standard-16-LIGHT-WEIGHT-Upper-Receiver-p/bcm-urg-car-16lw.htm

-Matt

polymorpheous
09-17-11, 20:42
All standard Bravo Company uppers have the "F" marked front sight base.

Kilo 1-1
09-17-11, 20:44
Awesome, thanks for the confirmation guys. I was suspecting they did, but wasn't sure. I remembered 2 years back there weren't many light weight uppers with the proper FSB, which is why I asked.

I was on the fence about lightweight vs gov profile upper (which my current upper already is), and I'm kinda glad I went lightweight this time.

Unrelated note, I was impressed on how damn fast they processed my order. I'll echo the sentiments of many others before me, they're fast and get stuff done.

Belmont31R
09-17-11, 20:48
It says right on the page you ordered it from that it has an F marked FSB...

Mil-Spec F-Marked Forged Front Sight Bases
Mil-Spec for rifles issued to the troops require taller front sight bases on all flat top AR rifles. Many commercial offerings use M16A2 height front sight bases on all of their barrels regardless of what type of upper it is installed on. As a result, owners of rifles and carbines with the flat top receiver configuration can have problems getting a proper 'zero' for elevation with Mil-Spec back up iron sights. As all of the BCM uppers are built for flat top uppers, all have the proper Mil-Spec F marked front sight base to insure the correct height for iron sight zeroing when using military iron sights. Mil-Spec taper pins secure the forged front sight base with the sling swivel secured by tubular rivets.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-Standard-16-LIGHT-WEIGHT-Upper-Receiver-p/bcm-urg-car-16lw.htm

Kilo 1-1
09-17-11, 21:32
It says right on the page you ordered it from that it has an F marked FSB...

Yea, copy that. I also asked because under the description, they said the barrel was also "government profile," (right under the FSB description) so I assumed they simply had the same description for all the standard uppers, despite it being a light barrel profile and the potential of having a non F-marked FSB (but which isn't true, as they do). My error for not believing that they used the correct FSB though, so I stand corrected.

Belmont31R
09-17-11, 21:35
Government profile is under the handguards. For instance an A2 and M4 both have gov profile barrels under the hand guards.

Kilo 1-1
09-17-11, 21:38
Ah ok, that makes sense then. So it's still .675 (or whatever the gov. profile is) under the handguard...that's good to know. Thanks for the clarification Belmont. Another lesson learned.

Belmont31R
09-17-11, 21:43
Ah ok, that makes sense then. So it's still .675 (or whatever the gov. profile is) under the handguard...that's good to know. Thanks for the clarification Belmont. Another lesson learned.

Yeah its basically pencil profile under the HG's and then whatever out front. If you look at an M4 and A2 barrel naked side by side aside from length they are basically the same thing. Only difference (besides length and gas port location) is the M4 has the cut out for the M203. The M203 on an A2 is mounted on the barrel under the hand guards. The M4 cut out makes that section pencil diameter.