PDA

View Full Version : Why is this forum so good?

The Dumb Gun Collector
11-11-07, 22:04
Guys,

I am not kidding. The quality of the posts seem very high on this forum. I have yet to be overtly insulted, told that my gun is crap but brand X is awesome, etc. Is there something in the water here?:confused:

ZGXtreme
11-11-07, 22:52
This forum is a good one because:

There is no (or very little) immature bickering.
As you stated, there is no being told "your gun is crap," while any critisism is both constructive and professional.
Based on the above two, any information provided via here (the "errornet") you are less likely to need to take it wish such a big grain of salt as seen elsewhere.

rob_s
11-12-07, 04:17
Because the general discussion section gets little to no use. ;)

Off-topic chatter is the downfall of any enthusiast's internet forum.

nationwide
11-12-07, 04:46
Guys,

told that my gun is crap but brand X is awesome, etc.

That happens every day here. You should read the board more often. There are a lot of people here who belive perfect is better than good enough. YMMV

Nathan_Bell
11-12-07, 07:41
I would say it is due to the proactive moderators who are not afraid to swat stupid posts or ban people who are trolling.

ST911
11-12-07, 10:29
The lowest common denominator user is higher.

The moderators actually moderate, and aren't MINOs (Moderator In Name Only).

Signal:Noise is excellent as a result.

C4IGrant
11-12-07, 10:35
Quality members, quality mods/staff and quality topics.

C4

carshooter
11-12-07, 14:10
Quality members, quality mods/staff and quality topics.

C4

Ditto.

The average IQ is higher here?

No, seriously, I think the average member is here for honest technical discussion and seeks their frivolous entertainment elsewhere. Additionally, the forum is loosely moderated and open enough that it's not a circle jerk private club, but many people have or will meet face to face through various functions or training classes.

Harv
11-12-07, 16:58
Cause I don't post made up shit I have no clue about... in my underwear after drinking 5 Seven & sevens......;)

The Dumb Gun Collector
11-12-07, 18:32
Well, here here for the forum and its members. Let's keep it this way.:D

C4IGrant
11-12-07, 18:55
Cause I don't post made up shit I have no clue about... in my underwear after drinking 5 Seven & sevens......;)

Oooh, I just got a mental image of this. :(

C4

Voodoochild
11-12-07, 20:04
Tastes great less filling.

Harv
11-12-07, 20:17
C4IGrant

Oooh, I just got a mental image of this.

Sorry brother... it 's for the good of the site.. to scare away the Tards.....;)

Don Robison
11-12-07, 20:29
1. I like coming here because of the quality of the content and members(no not that member) that many others have mentioned.
2. I don't have to read to a bunch of garbage about how great and reliable some tards Olympic is that has 1000 rounds through it since 1999(an actual post at TOS the other day)
3. I can find the straight scoop from company reps without all the internet rumor mill.

ST911
11-12-07, 21:11

If it's real stuff, that you have a clue about, is it okay then? :D

R1pper
11-13-07, 12:46
Because of this site I have never even lurked on TOS, and I have learned a great deal about the AR. I feel honored to be amongst a group of highly knowledgeable and skilled indviduals that are found on this site.