PDA

View Full Version : You know you need to get a life when...

WillBrink
09-19-11, 16:18
You are buying frozen dog treats for your dogs in the ice cream isle. I couldn't f-ing believe my eyes when I saw this. Would have been a SNL skit 20 years ago, now no matter how stupid, it exists some where for sale. I present:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b374/willbrink/IMG_0035.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b374/willbrink/IMG_0034.jpg

:rolleyes::bad::rolleyes:

randolph
09-19-11, 16:46
what flavor did you get ?

:jester:

montanadave
09-19-11, 16:50
That doesn't even make sense. My local grocer doesn't even allow dogs in the store.

My dogs much prefer Dilly Bars as the ride through the Dairy Queen drive-thru is half the fun!

Zhurdan
09-19-11, 16:51
Do I still need to get a life if I freeze peanut butter in a KONG ball?

It's about the only thing that'll keep a pair of Jack Russell's occupied in the winter months when it's too cold to take them for walks. hehe

The Cat
09-19-11, 17:24
How do you think your dogs would like ZSchweddy Balls?

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2011/09/07/ben-jerrys-debuts-schweddy-balls-ice-cream/

Zhurdan
09-19-11, 17:25
How do you think your dogs would like ZSchweddy Balls?

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2011/09/07/ben-jerrys-debuts-schweddy-balls-ice-cream/

Sick man!!! I'm not putting peanut butter on my balls!!!:D

Suwannee Tim
09-19-11, 18:29
They don't make them for cats? :(

HAMMERDROP
09-19-11, 18:48
Will
I thought this is what life is about !
I've been buying Peanut Butter Frosty Paws for my Dobermans for decades, they love them.
I'm strictly rewarding my warriors, a little R&R for them.
And they kind of get depressed when I don't have FP's for them.
I will admit to being somewhat behind the curve I won't buy the 'Bites' and won't ever try the Yoghund.

Michael

SteyrAUG
09-19-11, 18:52
Would have been a SNL skit 20 years ago, now no matter how stupid, it exists some where for sale.

Seen it more than once.

I remember the triple blade razor commercials of SNL in the 70s.

"Three blades...because you'll believe anything."

:D

4x4twenty6
09-19-11, 20:07
In a really nice area of West Little Rock there is a Gourmet Dog Food store in this new shopping plaza. My wife got to it before i could comment and blurted out "thats the dumbest ****ing thing i have ever seen"!

Thats my girl!

SteyrAUG
09-19-11, 22:44
If I could manage to keep a straight face I could make millions as a Canine Psychologist.

FromMyColdDeadHand
09-20-11, 00:37
You do realize these animals lick their own balls, drink out of toilets and eat crap, grass and old shoes?

I love dogs, but my Lab used to love half dead cicadas and apple cores. They ain't picky.

Are they cheaper or more expensive than regular food?

Slightly on topic- any watch 'Wilfred'? After Wilfred gets high, he might enjoy frozen doggy treats.

Don Robison
09-20-11, 01:32
Are they cheaper or more expensive than regular food?

Not sure about the ones in the OP, but a friend of mine has a family owned grocery store and they stock some yuppy dog food that costs more per pound than just buying the dog a porterhouse steak from their meat counter.:eek:
He says they sell it so fast they can hardly keep it on the shelves.
Me; I think it's stupid, but I applaud the manufacturers for their marketing skills. My dogs would be eating a porterhouse before dry food if steak was less expensive than dry food.

Moose-Knuckle
09-20-11, 02:34
"There is a sucker born every minute."

- David Hannum (not P.T. Barnum)

WillBrink
09-20-11, 07:32
Seen it more than once.

I remember the triple blade razor commercials of SNL in the 70s.

"Three blades...because you'll believe anything."

:D

I remember that well, and use that as an example to how silly modern life is! There are now what, 5 bladed razors???!!!! :eek:

WillBrink
09-20-11, 07:34
If I could manage to keep a straight face I could make millions as a Canine Psychologist.

The do exists as I'm sure you know.

FromMyColdDeadHand
09-20-11, 10:28

Parents had a lab that they had spoiled by putting chicken broth on her dry dog food. Not being dumb, the dog would bark at regular dog food after that. I was visiting and the dog barked at its dry dog food, so I got down on all fours and pretended to start to eat the dry dog food. This puzzled the lab who came over to investigate, so I shoved her away and growled a bit at her. Pushed her away a few more times and then walked away (on two legs) and she went over and finished the bowl and never complained again about dry dog food.

4x4twenty6
09-20-11, 10:52
I had to do the same thing to my Catahoula! My mom would put gravy on her food every now and then and it got to the point where she would bark her ass off if she didnt get it.
Well she was very aggressive when any of our other dogs or small kids would come close to her food bowl so i tried to fix the problem by going over and blocking her from her food.

She would growl and show her teeth at me but would never bite me. I would give her a few pieces of food and act like i was taking her bowl away and then give it back to her. Food was gone in minutes and no gravy.

She was my first dog and i didnt do a good job with training her. I know that some of her behavior problems were my fault.

Zhurdan
09-20-11, 11:11
Parents had a lab that they had spoiled by putting chicken broth on her dry dog food. Not being dumb, the dog would bark at regular dog food after that. I was visiting and the dog barked at its dry dog food, so I got down on all fours and pretended to start to eat the dry dog food. This puzzled the lab who came over to investigate, so I shoved her away and growled a bit at her. Pushed her away a few more times and then walked away (on two legs) and she went over and finished the bowl and never complained again about dry dog food.

Teaching dogs to do things by actually doing them is a well known and successful method of teaching them. I do this with my dogs all the time. The only time I ever got any negative feedback was when my neighbor caught me shitting in their lawn instead of mine. ;)

VooDoo6Actual
09-20-11, 12:22
frickinrediculous

Belmont31R
09-20-11, 12:25

Can we get a video for demonstration purposes? :p

markm
09-20-11, 13:07
Soon Starbucks will have Doggy Lattes!

J-Dub
09-20-11, 14:13
wow......wtf is wrong with this country and the people in it?

I'm sorry but personally i think its stupid to own an animal that doesnt serve a purpose (ya call my Dwight Schrute if you will).

I have a dog, he is a "gun/bird dog"....in training. If he wasnt, i wouldnt own him. I want to hunt birds over a pointing dog, he serves a purpose.

Why in the hell would you own an animal that justs eats, shits, and sleeps? To look at it? Welcome to America.

Zhurdan
09-20-11, 14:21
wow......wtf is wrong with this country and the people in it?

I'm sorry but personally i think its stupid to own an animal that doesnt serve a purpose (ya call my Dwight Schrute if you will).

I have a dog, he is a "gun/bird dog"....in training. If he wasnt, i wouldnt own him. I want to hunt birds over a pointing dog, he serves a purpose.

Why in the hell would you own an animal that justs eats, shits, and sleeps? To look at it? Welcome to America.

-Companionship
-A reason to get outside and play
-Mobile alarm system

I used to travel 6 days a week. I'm pretty sure my dogs kept my wife sane during those years.

Playing with dogs at the park is fulfilling for some, myself included.

Nobody gets anywhere near my house without me knowing about it.

To name a few reasons.

markm
09-20-11, 14:23
Yeah... I'm down with useless pets.... but I don't buy them frozen treats!

SteyrAUG
09-20-11, 14:59

I was thinking more along the lines of...

"Fluffy seems to have abandonment issues. Do you often leave the house for several hours a day to go to work or go shopping? That would explain why Fluffy is acting out. As a healing exercise I'm going to suggest that you set aside two hours a day to spend quality time with Fluffy. This will reinforce the fact that you love Fluffy and help Fluffy reconcile with the fact that you sometimes have to leave.

That will be $300, you can pay the receptionist."

SteyrAUG
09-20-11, 15:02
-Companionship
-Mobile alarm system

I used to travel 6 days a week. I'm pretty sure my dogs kept my wife sane during those years.

To name a few reasons.

Add to that my dog is better people than most people I know.

J-Dub
09-20-11, 15:12
-Companionship
-Mobile alarm system

To name a few reasons.

I would think that falls under serving a purpose....but thats just me. I was mainly referring to the "fit in the purse" dogs, hamsters, lizards, ect...

Zhurdan
09-20-11, 15:14
I would think that falls under serving a purpose....but thats just me. I was mainly referring to the "fit in the purse" dogs, hamsters, lizards, ect...

Fair enough.

Oh, and Jack Russell's are ferocious hunters like none other! Rabbits FEAR them. :D

4x4twenty6
09-20-11, 17:11
I am also trying to train my 7 month old chocolate lab to retrieve and eventually be a bird dog. He is pretty rambunctious but when he is dialed in he does well.
If my 6 year old Female yellow is around he just wants to play with her and wont retrieve for shit.
It is my first attempt at training a gun dog so it is slow going but very rewarding so far.
My dogs are like my kids right now cuz i dont have kids and they have way more personality than some people i know.
My wife also feels safe with the dogs when i am not home.
I agree having snakes and lizards and such is kind of strange to me.

Suwannee Tim
09-20-11, 19:51
"There is a sucker born every minute."

- David Hannum (not P.T. Barnum)

I think in modern times it is more like one born every second. In the US. At least that many overseas.

montanadave
09-20-11, 22:32
Teaching dogs to do things by actually doing them is a well known and successful method of teaching them. I do this with my dogs all the time. The only time I ever got any negative feedback was when my neighbor caught me shitting in their lawn instead of mine. ;)

Thanks for the laugh!

Been trying to wade through legal bullshit all day (multiple options, all bad and equally expensive) and it's good to end the day with a smile.