PDA

View Full Version : Apex tactical question.

M4CARBINE556
09-20-11, 02:03
Hey guys, im gonna buy some Apex tactical trigger parts for my M&P 9mm. The guys at my my local gun shop said they could install the parts for about 30 bucks, do you think its something they could handle and get right, or would I be better off sending it in to Apex. I would much rather have the guys at the shop take care of it, but I also want it done right. Sorry for the rookie question and thanks for your time.

Lincoln7
09-20-11, 02:18
I say do it yourself. Apex has followed through nicely and has videos on how to install each of their parts on their website. Once you understand how each of the components interact it will be a cake walk. If you get lost or screw it up you can bring it to the shop. Maybe he'll give you a discount for already disassembling it. Alright, probably not.

M4CARBINE556
09-20-11, 02:30
I say do it yourself. Apex has followed through nicely and has videos on how to install each of their parts on their website. Once you understand how each of the components interact it will be a cake walk. If you get lost or screw it up you can bring it to the shop. Maybe he'll give you a discount for already disassembling it. Alright, probably not.

Thanks man that's a good idea. Ill watch the videos and see if it looks like something I can do.

Irish10
09-20-11, 10:08
I have done the full Apex kit on three of my M&Ps plus a few for friends. A few basic tools, a little time and patience and your good to go plus you get the satisfaction of doing it yourself!

C4IGrant
09-20-11, 11:20
Hey guys, im gonna buy some Apex tactical trigger parts for my M&P 9mm. The guys at my my local gun shop said they could install the parts for about 30 bucks, do you think its something they could handle and get right, or would I be better off sending it in to Apex. I would much rather have the guys at the shop take care of it, but I also want it done right. Sorry for the rookie question and thanks for your time.

If they are not a S&W armorer or professional gunsmith, I would not let them touch it.

If you are not comfortable around tools and have never taken a modern firearm apart, you might not want to do it.

Edited to add, you might be near me so I might be able to assist.

C4

M4CARBINE556
09-20-11, 13:41
If they are not a S&W armorer or professional gunsmith, I would not let them touch it.

If you are not comfortable around tools and have never taken a modern firearm apart, you might not want to do it.

Edited to add, you might be near me so I might be able to assist.

C4

Hey Grant that's good thinking! I think I live about an hour away. Im wanting to have it done next payday, so ill brabably call you by then. Btw what would you charge to install the sear, striker block, ram, and FRE if I bought them all from you?

C4IGrant
09-20-11, 16:03
Hey Grant that's good thinking! I think I live about an hour away. Im wanting to have it done next payday, so ill brabably call you by then. Btw what would you charge to install the sear, striker block, ram, and FRE if I bought them all from you?

$1,000,000 Dollars. :dance3:

Send me an e-mail and we can work something out.

C4

M4CARBINE556
09-20-11, 17:17
$1,000,000 Dollars. :dance3:

Send me an e-mail and we can work something out.

C4

Ok I will, but we'll have to cut that price at least in half! I have one more question, does the RAM effect the trigger pull weight? If I run all the components listed above with the stock springs will I be at about a 4lb trigger pull? Or do you recommend I buy the duty spring kit? Thanks for the info.

jmp45
09-20-11, 19:34
M4C, I'm also about 15 - 20 minutes away from Grant. He did an Apex upgrade on my M&P 9 and I couldn't be happier. If you can put more into it I'd have Grant do one of his polish jobs, it really makes a difference. The reviews on this site for G&R are accurate, you won't have any regrets.

M4CARBINE556
09-20-11, 19:39
M4C, I'm also about 15 - 20 minutes away from Grant. He did an Apex upgrade on my M&P 9 and I couldn't be happier. If you can put more into it I'd have Grant do one of his polish jobs, it really makes a difference. The reviews on this site for G&R are accurate, you won't have any regrets.

Ok thanks alot.

Magsz
09-20-11, 19:51
Ok I will, but we'll have to cut that price at least in half! I have one more question, does the RAM effect the trigger pull weight? If I run all the components listed above with the stock springs will I be at about a 4lb trigger pull? Or do you recommend I buy the duty spring kit? Thanks for the info.

The RAM will not affect your trigger pull weight. It might register a higher reading on a Lyman digital scale but the naked finger will not feel a difference.

The standard Apex hard sear will yield a 4ish pound trigger with the stock springs.

Have grant do the install or do it yourself. 95% of "gunsmiths" are bubba retards that simply dont know what they're doing.

jmp45
09-21-11, 08:32
I have just the apex sear and striker block, it took my trigger pull down from around 5 lbs to 3.8 lbs.

M4CARBINE556
09-22-11, 03:01
I went ahead and bought the parts from Grant! Ill try to install them myself when they arrive. Thanks guys for all the help.