PDA

View Full Version : Apex RAM for TS M&Ps in testing phase

Randy Lee
09-20-11, 17:06
Hi all,

I just wanted to say that the RAM for the M&P variants which have thumb safeties is undergoing durability and function testing. It produces a more Glock-like reset feel that transfers forward through the trigger bar and kicks the trigger slightly forward when the trigger bar clears the sear cam.

We expect testing to be done by the end of November. They should be ready to go around the first of the year.

If anyone is in Las Vegas this weekend, the USPSA Nationals are going on. Scott Folk is representing Apex and will have a sample gun which has the new RAM as well as the Forward Set Sear. Just ask him and he will be glad to let you see and handle the pistol.

-Randy

mtdawg169
09-20-11, 22:03
Hi all,

I just wanted to say that the RAM for the M&P variants which have thumb safeties is undergoing durability and function testing. It produces a more Glock-like reset feel that transfers forward through the trigger bar and kicks the trigger slightly forward when the trigger bar clears the sear cam.

We expect testing to be done by the end of November. They should be ready to go around the first of the year.

If anyone is in Las Vegas this weekend, the USPSA Nationals are going on. Scott Folk is representing Apex and will have a sample gun which has the new RAM as well as the Forward Set Sear. Just ask him and he will be glad to let you see and handle the pistol.

-Randy

Outstanding news! It will work with the FSS & DCAEK, right? PS, let me know if you need a field tester. ;)

TehLlama
09-21-11, 04:37
Sadly, waiting to see the results of the TS RAM is delaying my purchase of a second M&P. This solves my ONLY complaint with my current pistol, and if this fixes what it sets out to (like the rest of the Apex stuff I threw at my last one) then I'm sold on it already.

CoryCop25
09-21-11, 04:40
Hi all,

-Randy

I would have NO problem T&Eing one of these!! HINT HINT :secret:

Randy Lee
09-21-11, 11:41
The problem has been that the M&P disconnect/reset mechanics and forces are perpendicular to the trigger bar movement. The Glock uses the striker spring to assist the forward motion of the trigger bar as it snaps back under the connector. That is why even with our existing RAM the sensation is more subtle when compared to the Glock.

The new RAM applies some forward force to the trigger bar that is closer to the Glock in feel.

The other obstacle we had to overcome was that there is so little space in the frame to put another component. This has been the biggest challenge in designing the new RAM.

-Randy

mtdawg169
09-21-11, 15:24
The problem has been that the M&P disconnect/reset mechanics and forces are perpendicular to the trigger bar movement. The Glock uses the striker spring to assist the forward motion of the trigger bar as it snaps back under the connector. That is why even with our existing RAM the sensation is more subtle when compared to the Glock.

The new RAM applies some forward force to the trigger bar that is closer to the Glock in feel.

The other obstacle we had to overcome was that there is so little space in the frame to put another component. This has been the biggest challenge in designing the new RAM.

-Randy

Yeah, I've been wondering how you were going to get anything in there with the safety sear block housing. Interested to see what you've come up with.

Magsz
09-21-11, 16:36
Randy Lee: Performing engineering miracles on a daily basis.

You need to start the Cult of Apex, i would join! :)

Looking forward to seeing these available for purchase, we have a few thumb safety guns in our cadre that have been waiting for these!