PDA

View Full Version : Striker Fired H&K

brushy bill
09-20-11, 21:31
Where is the striker fired P30/HK45? Is there really one in the works or not?

Apollo11
09-20-11, 22:49
It's with the hammer fired Glocks!

F-Trooper05
09-21-11, 00:03
My guess is; 3 years for photos of the first prototype to hit the internet, 6 years for the first model to be introduced at SHOT, and 12 years for the first batch to be released to the general public.

Nephrology
09-21-11, 08:11
My guess is; 3 years for photos of the first prototype to hit the internet, 6 years for the first model to be introduced at SHOT, and 12 years for the first batch to be released to the general public.

and 20 years before the first batch of spare parts makes its way onto American shores :lol:

Mr. Goodtimes
09-21-11, 10:18
It's still all rumor. I would like to see one as well but I'm in no hurry to run out and pick one up.

montrala
09-21-11, 16:22
Where is the striker fired P30/P45? Is there really one in the works or not?

If some reasonably big customer will put reasonably big order for striker fired pistol, or there will be some big pistol competition that will require striker, then HK may make (or may not make) on. But just to put it in catalogue? Not before phasic plasma gun.

P2000, P2000SK, P30, P30L, HK45, HK45C - all those were procurement/tender driven designs.

Pistol Shooter
09-21-11, 17:01
Plenty of other choices if the end user wants a striker fired pistol.

Why expect that from HK? It's not really their thing. ;)

(HK does offer the LEM trigger...)

KhanRad
09-21-11, 17:52
Until a LE or military contract specify striker I don't see H&K building one. Particularly not military which often requires a second strike ability. H&K primarily builds products based on contract requirements(praise the lord!). Thus why their equipment is top of the line, as is the vast majority of companies that are contract based. Companies that focus primarily on the commercial market are names such as Sig USA, Taurus, Ruger, Bushmaster,.....etc. See a trend here?

St.Michael
09-21-11, 17:59
Why ruin a beautiful thing. USPs are perfect in every way :dance3:

skyugo
09-21-11, 21:17
bring back the original..... (yes i know it won't happen)

http://i56.tinypic.com/w22i1.jpg

deejai
09-21-11, 21:59
It's called the PPQ

Sensei
09-22-11, 00:12
No nachos when it comes to a new HK striker fired pistol. However, you will likely see one within 3 years from the close runner-up manufacturer of quality military hardware - FN.

Failure2Stop
09-22-11, 01:46
Where is the striker fired P30/HK45? Is there really one in the works or not?

I have to ask.
Why do you specifically want a striker fired gun?

montrala
09-22-11, 05:45
It's called the PPQ

My feeling to. Even as hopeless HKool-Aid(tm) drinker I got very tempted to get myself PPQ. I did not like initial prototypes with DAO trigger (P99D RAD), but this new "glocky" trigger in PPQ is very nice.

St.Michael
09-22-11, 15:33
bring back the original..... (yes i know it won't happen)

http://i56.tinypic.com/w22i1.jpg

They don't make these anymore?

ralph
09-22-11, 18:28
They don't make these anymore?

No,HK has'nt made those for about 20yrs....About as close as you're going to get to a striker fired P-30 is a PPQ..I have one,and I'm pretty happy with it..

trinydex
09-22-11, 18:47
and 20 years before the first batch of spare parts makes its way onto American shores :lol:

definitely a nice closer

St.Michael
09-22-11, 19:38
No,HK has'nt made those for about 20yrs....About as close as you're going to get to a striker fired P-30 is a PPQ..I have one,and I'm pretty happy with it..

Oh I always see em for sale. Though I have no idea which ones I see though they look the same

brushy bill
09-22-11, 20:22
I have to ask.
Why do you specifically want a striker fired gun?

While I recognize that a hammer fired pistol has better primer ignition, is potentially safer during reholstering, and has several other benefits, I prefer a consistant trigger pull and low bore axis (reduced recoil as I perceive it) that a striker fired pistol generally provides. I also prefer simply made firearms with fewer parts (less to go wrong and fewer parts to keep on hand). It does not hurt that a well made striker fired pistol is reliable and durable without breaking the bank and when used by an elderly or weaker family member has easier slide operation. Maybe not the best reasons, but the ones important to me.

I do have hammer fired pistols and revolvers and enjoy them. My thought was a striker P30 or HK45 could provide the durability and quality of the HK platform with the merits of a striker fired pistol.

montrala
09-23-11, 05:07
I prefer a consistant trigger pull and low bore axis (reduced recoil as I perceive it) that a striker fired pistol generally provides. I also prefer simply made firearms with fewer parts (less to go wrong and fewer parts to keep on hand). It does not hurt that a well made striker fired pistol is reliable and durable without breaking the bank and when used by an elderly or weaker family member has easier slide operation.

I got out my P30L with LEM trigger and my G17gen4. I can agree that G17 has lower bore axis (but not much anyway, I do not feel difference when shooting both fast). Both have consistent trigger pull. Both are very simply made (P30L even look simpler to me). P30L also seem to have easier slide operation (at least for my GF). And yes, G17 cost much less (I got mine free! :lol:).

What I'm trying to tell is that most of features you mentioned does not come from "striker vs hammer" but from who and how designed and made firearm - both styles can be executed right or wrong.

ralph
09-23-11, 18:55
Oh I always see em for sale. Though I have no idea which ones I see though they look the same

The last ones that showed up in the last few years, were German Police trade-in's that were imported here, to the U.S. They've been snapped up quickly,and from what I understand there are no more of these coming from Germany, If you're interested in one, I'd move quickly, while they can be had for a reasonable price.

St.Michael
09-24-11, 09:21
The last ones that showed up in the last few years, were German Police trade-in's that were imported here, to the U.S. They've been snapped up quickly,and from what I understand there are no more of these coming from Germany, If you're interested in one, I'd move quickly, while they can be had for a reasonable price.

Thanks for the heads up I might have to give em a look!

skyugo
09-24-11, 13:04

i think they made the p7m8 (8 round 9mm with american style mag release) until 2003 or so. Even at the absurd prices they listed for (1300 bucks) i don't think HK was making much on them. Whole gun is forged and CNC machined. Much easier to knock out plastic pistols all day.