PDA

View Full Version : MPI BCGs not staked properly

Nightgunner
09-20-11, 22:19
Well I must change this statement. The BCG in question is of unknown origin. I will be contacting the distributor and finding out who made them. I appreciate the corrections.

On this note, can anyone recommend a reputable shop that can re-stake these properly?

Leonidas24
09-20-11, 22:34
I believe this is applicable to your usage of the acronym "MPI"

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/5149/whatyouthinki.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/651/whatyouthinki.jpg/)

Nightgunner
09-20-11, 22:36
After doing a little more looking, I believe you are correct. I saw the MPI stamping on the BCG and was erroneous in my belief that that was the manufacturers name. It would appear I stand very corrected.

warpigM-4
09-20-11, 22:39
MPI =Magnetic Particle Inspected

Leonidas24
09-20-11, 22:39
No worries if the bolt is stamped MPI it should be good to go; however, I did say should, not is. Obviously if the carrier key is poorly staked I'd be leery. Care to pass on who you bought it from?

Belmont31R
09-20-11, 22:40
http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-Bolt-Carrier-Group-MPI-Auto-M16-p/bcm%20bolt%20carrier%20group%20auto%20mp.htm

Nightgunner
09-20-11, 22:42
http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-Bolt-Carrier-Group-MPI-Auto-M16-p/bcm%20bolt%20carrier%20group%20auto%20mp.htm

That is what led me to believe what I stated in my original post prior to READing everything

Nightgunner
09-20-11, 22:44
No worries if the bolt is stamped MPI it should be good to go; however, I did say should, not is. Obviously if the carrier key is poorly staked I'd be leery. Care to pass on who you bought it from?

http://akpartskits.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6_13&products_id=168

On their behalf, I will state that prior customer service in correcting problems was excellent! I have not contacted them in regards to this as it is a very recent discovery.

Belmont31R
09-20-11, 22:46
That is what led me to believe what I stated in my original post prior to READing everything

No Im suggesting you ditch that POS you have for one that is good.

Nightgunner
09-20-11, 22:47
No Im suggesting you ditch that POS you have for one that is good.

I am 2 paychecks away from doing that.

Leonidas24
09-20-11, 22:48
What made you think that what you were buying was a BCM product?

Nightgunner
09-20-11, 22:50
I didn't pay enough attention and believed that they used the same supplier. My previous build prior to these 2 was nearly entirely from BCM with the exception of the Doublestar Lower and Colt A1 upper.

Tried to save a buck, and well it is a good lesson in "Get what you pay for".

Belmont31R
09-20-11, 22:50
I am 2 paychecks away from doing that.

1 paycheck with Ramen noodles.

Just kidding but only half way. Keep this as a lesson to only buy from certain places. Lots of cretins out there waiting for a sucker to buy a BCG with shit manufacturing for the same cost as a full spec'd BCG such as BCM offers.

Nightgunner
09-20-11, 22:53
Funny, I have a BCM Gunfighter sticker on my laptop as a reminder of who I like doing business with. Guess I need to look at that side from time to time.

jklaughrey
09-21-11, 02:14
Akpartkits is actually Vulcan/Hesse. They just re-branded and are now going by Blackthorne. I wouldn't buy from them if they donated the money to starving children

northern1
09-21-11, 03:38
Those cretins still lurk the earth ?? How are they still in business ?? My first gun ever was an AK74 from Hesse. I was 22 and didn't know a damn thing. They put a '74 parts kit in a '47 reciever. The reciever said 7.62 on the side but was scratched off. Needless to say a '47 extractor doesn't work well with 5.45. Nothing like having you first gun FTE on its first round......and every round after.

Fukin pricks. Rant off. Back on topic of BCG's.

Magic_Salad0892
09-21-11, 03:54
Those cretins still lurk the earth ?? How are they still in business ?? My first gun ever was an AK74 from Hesse. I was 22 and didn't know a damn thing. They put a '74 parts kit in a '47 reciever. The reciever said 7.62 on the side but was scratched off. Needless to say a '47 extractor doesn't work well with 5.45. Nothing like having you first gun FTE on its first round......and every round after.

Fukin pricks. Rant off. Back on topic of BCG's.

Wow. That must have been like sticking your hand down your girlfriend's pants for the first time, and finding out she has a dick.

northern1
09-21-11, 04:20
At 22 years old when you think all AK's are the same and that they are incapable of jamming......LMFAO.....yea pretty much

duece71
09-21-11, 04:53
Wow. That must have been like sticking your hand down your girlfriend's pants for the first time, and finding out she has a dick.

Ugh, talk about having a bad day.......

Ned Christiansen
09-21-11, 08:21
http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=59674

Eurodriver
09-21-11, 08:29

Ugh, talk about having a bad day.......

So umm, You guys speaking from experience? ;)

Nightgunner
09-21-11, 09:22

I can fix the problem I had, can't undo that. :D

munch520
09-21-11, 09:30
OP,

Are they letting you return it for a full refund?

There's no cute little smiley to portray how hard I was just laughing.

Nightgunner
09-21-11, 09:45
Edit: Just emailed them, not expecting much in the way of a reply, but we will see.

Nightgunner
09-21-11, 10:22
Just got this from them:

Dear customer,
We apologize for any issues you may have or are experiencing with our product. As per our Return/ Repair Policy found in your Terms and Conditions Agreement, we do not accept partial returns. Additionally, your account is WAY out of warranty and we cannot issue any Return Authorization for those parts. If you would like to re-stake the gas key screws, it would take LESS than a minute of time, using a punch and a hammer (we have provided a schematic below). If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact us. Also, we are not, nor do we sell, Hesse parts or Vulcan parts despite whatever web forum you read states.

Thank you,

Paul
Manager
Blackthorne Products, LLC

Not surprised at all, will fix these BCGs and when the $$$ works out replace them and sell these off as spares.

Brian1/75
09-21-11, 10:46
In all seriousness, I'm not sure what else is wrong with what you bought, but if it just needs staking/restaking, it'd be an easy learning experience.

Nightgunner
09-21-11, 10:48
I have had no problems with the other parts I ordered (Hand guards, Pistol Grips, and flash hiders). Probably because they are no brainers. I will be teaching myself how to do this today or tomorrow.

munch520
09-21-11, 10:57
Other than a semi auto carrier (not the end of the world), looks like everything is OK, just stake it and use it. Then down the road, get a BCM compelte BCG from Grant :cool:

In all seriousness, I'm not sure what else is wrong with what you bought, but if it just needs staking/restaking, it'd be an easy learning experience.

wahoo95
09-21-11, 11:32
I mean...why would anyone even order from that site??? You can tell from the picture that the BCG is a piece of crap. The staking sucks and the screws aren't even the same!

Note to self, NEVER buy from a web vendor with a picture of some guy in a t-shirt wearing a gas mask holding a phucking Daisy BB GUN!!!!

Iraqgunz
09-21-11, 14:02
I saw that as well. It screams mediocre, but people who refuse to educate themselves will continue to buy their shit and thereby keep them in business.

I mean...why would anyone even order from that site??? You can tell from the picture that the BCG is a piece of crap. The staking sucks and the screws aren't even the same!

Note to self, NEVER buy from a web vendor with a picture of some guy in a t-shirt wearing a gas mask holding a phucking Daisy BB GUN!!!!

Nightgunner
09-21-11, 14:04
Calling it a lesson learned and leaving it at that.

Magic_Salad0892
09-21-11, 14:52

It wasn't my girlfriend, and I didn't sleep with him.

But I know the dude who almost did. :D

Nightgunner
09-21-11, 15:08
Pardon me while I :bad:

Nightgunner
09-21-11, 15:25
Well with the decision made to save up the $$$ and buy 2 new BCGs, what are the best I can get with $$$ being no hindrance(Will be saving up however much I need)?

nolt
09-21-11, 15:27
Well with the decision made to save up the $$$ and buy 2 new BCGs, what are the best I can get with $$$ being no hindrance(Will be saving up however much I need)?

a great suggestion was on page 1:

Nightgunner
09-21-11, 15:28
Used it in my previous build and regret not getting it again. Oh well, we live and learn.

NoveskeFan
09-21-11, 15:29
If you can find them in stock, BCM is about the best bang for your buck. Daniel Defense, Colt, LMT are good as well. BCM's run about $140 and they are IN STOCK!:eek:

munch520
09-21-11, 15:30
Here too, if BCM shows OOS.

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=BCG-BCM

Nightgunner
09-21-11, 15:36
Could always put my 1/2 stack up for sale to finance these and a couple other upgrades...

Leonidas24
09-21-11, 15:51
Rainier Arms has LMT FA BCG's for $130.00.

Nightgunner
09-21-11, 16:52
1/2 Stack up for sale on another board to finance the BCG replacement as well as some accessories for the twins. If it doesn't sell there, I will post it here once I have a high enough post count for the EE.

Brian1/75
09-21-11, 20:17
Trading music for guns? Hum not sure if I could go for that unless I wasn't using it very often.

Nightgunner
09-21-11, 20:20
I play in a church Praise Band every weekend. The 1/2 stack is my home practice amp. We are re-arranging the set-up at church so my regular performance amp will be coming home.