PDA

View Full Version : Dillon Power Case triimer?

toddackerman
11-12-07, 23:31
This is a great tool that I really need. Does anyone know if it also deburs at the same time, or do I need to debur separatly?

jmart
11-13-07, 00:01
It doesn't debur but it cuts very cleanly. That blade spins at around 5K - 6K rpm, and as a result, you get a very clean cut.

After I resize and trim, I toss my cases in the tumbler to take off any remaining case lube. That quick 10 minute tumbling session takes care of burrs the vast majority of the time. I don't bother following up with any chamferring/deburring when loading plinking rounds. The Dillon Blue Press had an issue a year or so ago that highlighted how the AZ Junior HP team loads thousands of rounds for their junior program. That team shoots match BTHPs in all their loads (what many refer to as OTMs), and they don't bother chamferring or deburring. If it's good enough for HP competition case prep, it's good enough for me.

The only other options IMHO are Gracey or Giraud trimmers. Those trim, chamfer and debur all at once. But that's a separate operation done off the press after resizing, whereas the Dillon takes care of resizing and trimming concurrently on the press.

IROCZ
11-13-07, 21:50
I love my Gracey! It does such a nice job. I don't load my HP or hunting ammo progressivly so it's not a bother.God bless Doyle Gracey!:D