PDA

View Full Version : Otto Anhuth Rifle? Id Help Needed!

Sparks2112
09-23-11, 14:03
So I'm researching this rifle, and find myself completely stumped. It appears to have been built on a Mauser action but contains quite a few interesting differences. The name Otto Anhuth is on one side of the barrel and Konigsberg is on the other side of the barrel. Features an extremely nice double set trigger, what looks like a custom barrel. Custom stock, custom bolt, hand engraving on the reciever as well as a custom scope mount. I'm guessing that this started as a WWI Mauser that was done up sometime in the 20's or early 30's. Any information you guys could provide would be appreciated as would an approximate value. Photos will be incoming shortly.

Hizzie
09-23-11, 16:59
Shame on you for teasing us with such a fantastic rifle...and no pics. :nono:

I tried a bit of searching but could only find drillings with that stamp but no real info. Might I suggest Accurate Reloading and possibly one of the mauser forums for info.

Sparks2112
09-23-11, 18:44
Sorry, here are pics. :)

Sparks2112
09-23-11, 18:45
And one more.

Hizzie
09-23-11, 18:53
Those are german claw mounts for the scope. What caliber? Have you taken it out of the stock to search for additional marking under the action/barrel?

Found a little bit of info on the rifle in general. The barrel and action ring are in the style of the Model B DeLuxe comercial mauser. The bolt handle, claw mounts and double triggers are in the style of a Model M commercial mauser.

I would suggest emailing Terry Wieland through Rifle Magazine. http://www.riflemagazine.com/contact/index.cfm The Fall 2011, Volume 43, Special Edition is all about Mausers.

Maybe some info in this too. Sorry but it opens on the section I needed. http://books.google.com/books?id=tuVUMLRE47UC&pg=PA286&lpg=PA286&dq=Mark+X+cocking+piece&source=bl&ots=tHGtCYrezy&sig=uXvnxyoZplo-zpZhBP3reUcSi-0&hl=en&ei=Sie5SpDdKuWttge6iLT1Dg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1#v=onepage&q=Mark%20X%20cocking%20piece&f=false

Sparks2112
09-26-11, 07:54
Thanks!