PDA

View Full Version : BCM Uppers?

jpprescott
11-13-07, 15:51
Gentlemen,

I am looking for a BCM 16 in. upper and I am hoping that someone can point me in the right direction. Does anyone know of someone who has them in stock?

John

C4IGrant
11-13-07, 16:14
Gentlemen,

I am looking for a BCM 16 in. upper and I am hoping that someone can point me in the right direction. Does anyone know of someone who has them in stock?

John

They are currently not available and might not be available for several months.

C4

EmanP
11-13-07, 16:21
DAMN! Weren't we expecting them a few months ago and now they're not available for several more months? It's like they don't even exist.

COLT6933
11-13-07, 16:44
DAMN! Weren't we expecting them a few months ago and now they're not available for several more months? It's like they don't even exist.

VAPORWARE
I have been waiting over a year.

EmanP
11-13-07, 17:00
Don't get me wrong, I've been waiting for more ever since I got my initial 16" carbine and midlength but they keep saying, in the next few months, in the next few months. I mean what's the point of even waiting if they're never going to get made? I'm just frusturated now.

UVvis
11-13-07, 17:05
VAPORWARE
I have been waiting over a year.

I had a six or seven month wait on my first BCM upper. It was worth it.

Harv
11-13-07, 17:36
Should I post a pic of my BCM upper I got last year........ to make you all feel better....:p

oh yeah... Pauls uppers are worth the wait....

GONIF
11-13-07, 17:40
Bravo can probably hook you up with a LMT 16 upper ,I have a BCM and an LMT and they are pretty close as far as I can tell . I 'm waiting for the BCM middy myself. if you want it now just get the LMT you won't be dissiponted .:D

JGM
11-13-07, 21:41
I've been watching all summer for the BCM uppers to show up so I finally ordered a LMT upper with a BCM BCG. Looks GTG.

As is always noted here, Paul did a great job of having everything out the door the next day. Thanks Paul!

Wayne Dobbs
11-14-07, 11:03
From a very reliable source, I learned that Paul Buffoni WILL NOT compromise on the quality of his uppers in any way. His suppliers apparently will (compromise), and that has caused the delay in production. I am waiting patiently and know that that wait will be worth it in value, quality and performance.

C4IGrant
11-14-07, 12:04
From a very reliable source, I learned that Paul Buffoni WILL NOT compromise on the quality of his uppers in any way. His suppliers apparently will (compromise), and that has caused the delay in production. I am waiting patiently and know that that wait will be worth it in value, quality and performance.

This is 100% correct. Paul received barrels that were not to his specs. He trashed them. We are talking a lot of money here folks. The general consumer would most likely never have known that anything was wrong with them, but Paul knew.

Not all companies operate this way.

C4

Failure2Stop
11-14-07, 12:18
. . . Paul Buffoni WILL NOT compromise. . .

One of those things I love about Jarheads.

GONIF
11-14-07, 13:26
+1 Bravo and Paul have allways delivered top quality products and service and the prices are great too. In a direct comparison I have found the BCM to be the equal of LMT. when they get the 16 inch BCM middy back in stock I'm going to grab 2 right off the bat . I can rember when the BCM was $90.00 less than the LMT upper. hope those days return ,but even if they are the same price they are worth the money.

EmanP
11-14-07, 15:07
I don't know, mine are actually better than the LMT's I've built and shot. My mid-length will actually hold sub-MOA and it's smooooooth. My friends carbine is almost as good but still better than another freinds LMT. I just wish I had two more BCM's at this point.

GONIF
11-14-07, 18:42
now I want that middy even more. the wait is killing me.

jmart
11-14-07, 20:48
This is 100% correct. Paul received barrels that were not to his specs. He trashed them. We are talking a lot of money here folks. The general consumer would most likely never have known that anything was wrong with them, but Paul knew.

Not all companies operate this way.

C4

Regardless, this is the story that's circulated for the last 6 months or more. I don't how many shipments he's rejected, but that fact is, he has no product. He ought to remove the uppers from his website and not include them until he has some inventory. Or change suppliers. But the reality is, he hasn't had product for quite some time and there are no reliable reports that indicate when he's projected to have some (at least I haven't come across any).

I'm not suggesting he's a bad guy, far from it. But at some point it begs the question for how long he can continue in this mode.

f.2
11-14-07, 21:01
I will wait until Paul is satisfied with the bbls he gets. Haven't been on his waiting list for a very long time - since Feb 2007.

Harv, I would like to see a pic of your BCM. I am waiting for a 16" mid-length carbine with LaRue 7.0.

C4IGrant
11-15-07, 08:39
Regardless, this is the story that's circulated for the last 6 months or more. I don't how many shipments he's rejected, but that fact is, he has no product. He ought to remove the uppers from his website and not include them until he has some inventory. Or change suppliers. But the reality is, he hasn't had product for quite some time and there are no reliable reports that indicate when he's projected to have some (at least I haven't come across any).

I'm not suggesting he's a bad guy, far from it. But at some point it begs the question for how long he can continue in this mode.

Paul rejected several shipments and then changed suppliers because of it. So he is WAY ahead of you. ;)

No need to remove the uppers as you cannot buy them from his website. He also wants people to know that he makes this product and it WILL be available again.

I am not sure what "mode" Paul is operating in. I have NEVER heard Paul say that uppers/barrels were going to be available on day XYZ. I also don't see him running around the net telling everyone that his barrels and uppers are the best and then not have them. If he did, your argument would have a leg to stand on, but since he doesn't, you don't.

C4

Harv
11-15-07, 09:44
Just for you f.2..http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/harv24/IMG_1071.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/harv24/IMG_1087.jpg

The top pic is the BCM upper with my older Bushmaster HBAR underneath it..

the second pic is the BCM upper attached to at the time was a new LMT Lower

which essentially gave me a brand new AR.

I shot in a 3 day Carbine class about 2 yrs ago and Paul shot next to me.. he's an excellent shooter and an all around good guy.. he produces a superior product and is worth the wait

I would not hesitate in a heartbeat to recommend his stuff...

rmecapn
11-15-07, 11:41
This is 100% correct. Paul received barrels that were not to his specs. He trashed them. We are talking a lot of money here folks.

Grant, just curious, but do you know who eats those costs (BCM or the supplier)? (I ask, because if BCM eats that cost it's got to impact the price on the next available batch of uppers.)

C4IGrant
11-15-07, 11:43
Grant, just curious, but do you know who eats those costs (BCM or the supplier)? (I ask, because if BCM eats that cost it's got to impact the price on the next available batch of uppers.)

I think everyone took a bite out of that pie.

C4

f.2
11-15-07, 21:51
Sweet, thanks for posting Harv.

Just for you f.2.

jmart
11-15-07, 22:23
I am not sure what "mode" Paul is operating in. I have NEVER heard Paul say that uppers/barrels were going to be available on day XYZ. I also don't see him running around the net telling everyone that his barrels and uppers are the best and then not have them. If he did, your argument would have a leg to stand on, but since he doesn't, you don't.

C4

Gimme a break Grant. I'm talking about advertising a product for a year and not having it available. IMHO if you are going to advertise the product, then you have an obligation to make it available. Within reason. I could understand if he had small batches that went out, then a backorder list, then another batch, but when it goes over a year .....

I've ordered mags from Paul, all were GTG and service was top notch. His on-line store has quality products, so I have no problems with Paul. But if he can't deliver on uppers I just think he ought to remove them until he gets his suppliers and logistics issues sorted out. Until that time keep advertising and selling his LMT products, that's all I'm saying.

SHIVAN
11-15-07, 23:00
If he takes the uppers off his site, then he'll get an equal number of responses asking him if he has given up on getting the top quality parts, or what...

So Paul really can't win either way, now can he??

For those who know, they understand that the uppers will come back when his suppliers can get him the parts he spec'ed. Not some half-ass barrels.

In the end though, I doubt Paul worries much about the full tampons on the internet blowing off steam -- he seems way too laid back for that kind of shit. :p

SuicideHz
11-15-07, 23:00
I've got an 11.5" with a lo profile GB and a DD free float...

Any takers?

f.2
11-16-07, 02:18
Gimme a break Grant. I'm talking about advertising a product for a year and not having it available. IMHO if you are going to advertise the product, then you have an obligation to make it available. Within reason. I could understand if he had small batches that went out, then a backorder list, then another batch, but when it goes over a year .....

I've ordered mags from Paul, all were GTG and service was top notch. His on-line store has quality products, so I have no problems with Paul. But if he can't deliver on uppers I just think he ought to remove them until he gets his suppliers and logistics issues sorted out. Until that time keep advertising and selling his LMT products, that's all I'm saying.

http://www.fox-obel.com/images/cheese.jpg

Striker5
11-16-07, 06:14
Looks good.

i am also jumping from foot to foot like a kid that has to pee. That being said, my interactions w/ Mr. Buffoni have been very professional and courteous - that goes a long way w/ me. That and his overall reputation make it easier to wait and give him my business.

GONIF
11-16-07, 11:17
It's his friggin site and he can do what he want's ,he clearly has out of stock on the add. he doesn't need people telling him how to run his biz. I have been wanting a BCM middy as long as anyone and a'm waiting for 2 as soon as they are available. I a'm waiting because I know he will make sure what he ships is right at a fair price .where are you going to get a middy upper of that quality at that price any way. I have been dealing with Bravo for 4 or 5 years and never had a problem,they always deliver the best quality at very fair prices. for those who think they can do better at running a biz ,let them try and see if they can do better. Bravo didn't get the great rep they have by accident .:confused:

C4IGrant
11-16-07, 11:36

Just because he has them on his website, doesn't mean that he is advertising and or pushing the BCM uppers. There is zero problem with keeping people interested in a product.

Last time I checked, manufacturers across the world advertise products that can be years away from delivery. There is no law stating that someone cannot advertise a product that is not available.

C4

C4IGrant
11-16-07, 11:38
If he takes the uppers off his site, then he'll get an equal number of responses asking him if he has given up on getting the top quality parts, or what...

So Paul really can't win either way, now can he??

For those who know, they understand that the uppers will come back when his suppliers can get him the parts he spec'ed. Not some half-ass barrels.

In the end though, I doubt Paul worries much about the full tampons on the internet blowing off steam -- he seems way too laid back for that kind of shit. :p

You are correct, Paul doesn't really care what people think. He does care about putting his companies name on a product thought. This is more than I can say for a good many AR manufacturers.

C4

SHIVAN
11-16-07, 11:55
There is no law stating that someone cannot advertise a product that is not available.

I can't readily acquire a Masada, but I appreciate Magpul having the info on their site. :D :D

carbinero
11-16-07, 12:16
How do they compare to SDIs?

Armati
12-01-07, 21:37
My only beef with any of this is when the dealer doesn't let you know up front on the site that the part is out of stock or on back order.

In the world I know their is inventory software that automatically changes the site when something is out of inventory. Midway is very good about this.

SuicideHz
12-01-07, 22:16
That's not the point. The point is they will have them.

Do you want an 11.5"? I will sell you one now.

EmanP
12-01-07, 22:24
Paul is very good about this as well. But I agree I wish that some would let you know about any BO situations. I just ordered some parts and slings that was apparantly on BO and when I got my order only came to find one of them wasn't there. Didn't do me any good this weekend when I needed it. So now I don't need it but the site says 15% loss even though it wasn't shipped? Ya, Bravo will tell you when they don't have it and won't charge you if they don't. I can easily live with that.

C4IGrant
12-02-07, 18:56
My only beef with any of this is when the dealer doesn't let you know up front on the site that the part is out of stock or on back order.

In the world I know their is inventory software that automatically changes the site when something is out of inventory. Midway is very good about this.

That kind of software is expensive and most dealers cannot afford that. So we have to manually update the websites (which is hard to do when you stock over 80 manufacturers).

C4