PDA

View Full Version : Sling recommendation for AR

RSF45
08-17-06, 13:20
Want to get a sling for my M4gery, looking at the Specter CST and Blackhawk S.W.I.F.T.
Anyone here have one of these?
Or other recommendations?
Thanks for the input.

VA_Dinger
08-17-06, 13:51
Since it looks like you want a two point, the best advise anybody can give you is too buy a Vickers Tactical/Blue Force Gear adjustable two point. It is the best on the market, hands down. The only one that even closes close is the Viking Tactics.

Either will serve you well.

USMC03
08-17-06, 17:14
I've been using 2 of the Vickers slings for the last couple months. Used them several times in training and on a few SWAT calls.

I have tried / used most everything on the market over the last 16 years, and the Vickers sling has everything else beat hands down!!!

It has all the advantages of both the single point and three point slings and none of the draw backs.

The Vickers sling has just the right amount of retention without being overly restrictive. The sling doesn't get caught up on gear like other slings, it doesn't cover any of the controls on the gun like some other designs, it doesn't dangle aimlessly when you drop it to perform other tasks with your hands, etc, etc, etc. It's by far the fastest adjusting sling that I have ever used.

I'm in the process of switching all my slings over to the Blue Force Gear Vickers sling.

Semper Fi,
Jeff

Harv
08-17-06, 19:05
What Jeff Said. Totally the way to go. I have tried 3 pt and single point and the VCAS has them all beat. Sure it's a little pricey, but if this sling were available 10 years ago I would have not spent the
$35 On a 3 pt sling
$25 on a 3 Point sling
$30 dollars on a 2pt sling

I just can't Imagine anyone inventing anything better based on what I have used to date.

Spurholder
08-23-06, 10:45
I had a Spector (CQB Solutions) Patrol Sling on my M4 while in Iraq - loved it. Had I tried a one-point sling before I left CONUS, I don't think that I would've loved my sling so much...the one-point design has too much going for it.

Robb Jensen
08-23-06, 11:34
Vickers if you want a multi point, ZM Weapons or Blue Force if you want a single point.

Voodoochild
08-23-06, 12:53
What about these slings they look like they are pretty good.

http://www.gearsector.com/?page=shop/browse&category=slings

C4IGrant
08-23-06, 12:59
For two point slings, the VICKERS is the best. For single point slings, I like the TROY.

C4

Sam
08-23-06, 13:32
A relatively unknown sling by Boonie Packer, the 2 point Hackathorn model is an excellent option. And it's less than $20. If I didn't have this sling, I would have gotten the Blue Force VCAS sling.

OD45
08-23-06, 15:56
I prefer the single point sling. I have a Wilderness sling on my AR with Tango Down Pr-4 single point sling mount. It all goes together great and can quickly change which side I want the sling on.

http://home.earthlink.net/~jsmiddy/sideviewcarpet.jpg

MudBug
08-23-06, 17:49
I have been using a Specter Gear sling for a couple years now, and while I sometimes find it a little busy, I don't think I've had any real issues with it.

I'm just too damn short to be able to use a single point for a full sized rifle, but I do use a ASP single point on my little 9mm shorty.

I just recently got a Vickars 2 point to decide for myself if all the squawking you ****ers are doing about how good it is is fact or fantasy.

I'll get to test it this weekend.

rob_s
08-23-06, 18:12
I prefer the single point sling. I have a Wilderness sling on my AR with Tango Down Pr-4 single point sling mount. It all goes together great and can quickly change which side I want the sling on.

http://home.earthlink.net/~jsmiddy/sideviewcarpet.jpg
I use the same thing with a Daniel Defense clamp-on single point mount on the receiver extension.

I bought the extra leash and I'm oing to try running it as a two-point next time out.

Stickman
08-25-06, 11:35
What about these slings they look like they are pretty good.

http://www.gearsector.com/?page=shop/browse&category=slings

Thats what I've been running on my duty and training weapons. If you are looking for a single point sling, I don't think you will find a better one.

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/9945/2dd95setup6ip.jpg

Voodoochild
08-25-06, 11:58
Stick long time no post. I thought maybe you got lost and forgot to use your I've fallen and I cant get up device. Pardon the TV humor I was looking at the new ASP-V slings he has for Plate Carriers and CIRAS. They look like they are GTG.

Stickman
08-25-06, 12:06
For better or worse, I'm still around. At least until you guys decide to throw me out, which should be sometime after last call.:D

I have a ASP-V unit, and I've had a chance to play around with it a bit. I didn't think I would like the design, but it is well laid out, and much better than the versions I made and used in the military.

A Blue Force/ Vickers sling just arrived in the mail as well, so at least I'll be able to comment on it from first hand use. For my work, I still think the ASP is the sling for me, but I do see an open field for the 2 point sling, and I can see where it has a clear advantage. Larry made a good move having Ashley work it up and produce it.

GastonG-NoVa
08-25-06, 21:19
+ another for the 1 pt. Troy sling. They are very comfy with the pad they have on them. I recently had several weeks of carrying around one. You can't go wrong.

Keep your head down
G

Boris
08-26-06, 08:30
I've been using the Specter Gear MOUT single point on both my M4gery AND my 1100 Competition Master. I put a sling mount on the shotgun and can swap weapons while wearing the one sling. I like the single point and the MOUT's versatility.
-Boris

Hardgear, LLC
08-26-06, 18:12
I like Single points and recommend the ZM sling.

Hardgear

DrMark
08-26-06, 23:07
For those of you that use and like the Vickers Tactical/Blue Force Gear 2-point sling:

What attachment points (type and location on the carbine) are you using, and why? Swivels vs slots, front sight vs rear-of-forend, rear-of-buttstock vs castle nut area, etc.

Thanks.

C4IGrant
08-27-06, 07:22
For those of you that use and like the Vickers Tactical/Blue Force Gear 2-point sling:

What attachment points (type and location on the carbine) are you using, and why? Swivels vs slots, front sight vs rear-of-forend, rear-of-buttstock vs castle nut area, etc.

Thanks.

I use MI's #6 for the rail as it is the highest quality and lowest cost sling mount on the market. I have been using the DD Car Loop or the new VLTOR loop on the receiver for the other end.

C4

M193 BALL
08-29-06, 15:23
On my DEFENDER 2000 M4 with SOPMOD stock I use there single point adapter and a Black Hawk single point sling

The sling just says BLACKHAWK? Dont know whats it is called.
but it has a Bungee type cord with a lobster like claw

Anyway it works great and is SIMPLE

My other Carbine is a Bushmaster lower with a VLTOR telestock and a LMT M4 upper

I use the OLD NSN# Sling Adapter and my Regular M16 Sling and use PARACORD attached to Front sight

I like this set up alot and is Very cheap

Plus the Barrel/Flash Hider dont BANG my leg like the single point SLING type