PDA

View Full Version : Pmag q. re: Ranger Plates

phydaux
09-24-11, 13:18
One of the things I like about Pmags is that they come with caps to protect the magazine's feed lips, and when the mag is in use you can clip the cap to the bottom of the mag.

I'm wondering what about if you have Ranger Plates attaced to the Pmags? Can you still clip the caps to the bottom of the Ranger Plates?

2theXtreme
09-24-11, 15:16
Negative. They do not clip to the bottom with ranger plates.

BCmJUnKie
09-24-11, 15:47
I have Ranger plates on all my mags.

Personally, why would you need to have them on the bottom of the mag anyway.

I have the caps, but Im never in that much of a hurry to put them on the top of my mags.

TehLlama
09-24-11, 19:18
I guess we're in the minority, but I view the ranger plates as the ideal option when having to run a wide variety of magazine pouches (especially issued ones), so those are all I have. The ability to store the top lips on the bottom of a magazine is nice, but I've had no issue with just using a freezer bag to keep those right above where I story my loaded mags.

2theXtreme
09-24-11, 20:27
I run rangers on all of my mags as well. The "monopod" feel it gives you and the extra grip for extraction is much more beneficial then the dust cap. I could only see those being an issue if you were in some super dusty shithole...like afganistan or something...

BCmJUnKie
09-24-11, 22:11
Ive had my Pmags for about a year. They all see the range every weekend, I have zero problems with any of them.

I wonder how many rounds for the lips to wear out, or if they wear out at all.

Even if they did, Im sure Magpul would replace it in a heartbeat.

Hmac
09-24-11, 22:20
Somewhere around here I have a boatload of those clips....rarely use them.

Dozer
09-25-11, 13:39
We have had some of the first PMags made fully loaded for the last few years. Once a year we take them out and test them. We have yet to have any malfunctions with them. We measured them and have only seen a size increase of .0015" only.

duece71
09-25-11, 21:37
We have had some of the first PMags made fully loaded for the last few years. Once a year we take them out and test them. We have yet to have any malfunctions with them. We measured them and have only seen a size increase of .0015" only.

Very nice. I knew there was a reason why I keep buying the Pmags. More please.