PDA

View Full Version : Esstac and other mag pouch ?'s

knoxtnshooter
09-25-11, 23:39
Looking at the back of the double wedge shown here... http://www.skdtac.com/Esstac_M4_Double_Wedge_Mag_Pouch_w_KYWI_p/ess.219.htm

it looks like I could fit the 4 PALS wide pouch onto 3 slots by offsetting the MALICE clip. Does anyone have any experience with doing this RE: whether the pouch will lay flat?

I'm stuck using a KDH TAC-1, which in size medium only has 6 rows of PALS across the front. All I'm trying to get on the front panel is 7 mags and an admin pouch up top. Has anyone ever put 3 mags centered on 4 mags? Any issues grabbing mags?

Failure2Stop
09-25-11, 23:54
Pouches work better when they are anchored at the edges as well as the center.
Paraclete makes a 3 mag pouch that fits on 5 rows, but that's about as narrow as is possible with rifle mag pouches.

knoxtnshooter
09-26-11, 00:23
Pouches work better when they are anchored at the edges as well as the center.
Paraclete makes a 3 mag pouch that fits on 5 rows, but that's about as narrow as is possible with rifle mag pouches.

I'm starting to think that I should just buy the mayflower cummerbund adapter kit and not have to worry about it. This KDH PC is terrible.

skd_tactical
09-26-11, 09:40
Esstac KyWi's are awesome, but since they are Kydex lined they can't really be crammed into a smaller real estate area. With 6 MOLLE rows you can easily fit 2 double mag pouches and 2 single mag pouches double stacked.
I have to admit that I don't really recommend going double stacked mags on your chest with a PC. I have noticed when I go that thick/ wide on my PC it doesn't work. Since a PC tends to ride higher it interferes with the way I carry my rifle, a steering wheel, and that friggin BFT mount in the Vics.

SOS

knoxtnshooter
09-26-11, 11:09
Esstac KyWi's are awesome, but since they are Kydex lined they can't really be crammed into a smaller real estate area. With 6 MOLLE rows you can easily fit 2 double mag pouches and 2 single mag pouches double stacked.
I have to admit that I don't really recommend going double stacked mags on your chest with a PC. I have noticed when I go that thick/ wide on my PC it doesn't work. Since a PC tends to ride higher it interferes with the way I carry my rifle, a steering wheel, and that friggin BFT mount in the Vics.

SOS

Glad you chimed in. I'd like to pick your brain about the mayflower cummerbund adapter. You guys have any chance of getting these in stock?

I wish I didn't have to double mags on the front, but there's no way around it if I'm going to get 7 mags on this rig.

skd_tactical
09-26-11, 20:25
Can you post a link or PM me with the link for the Mayflower piece you're talking about?
The only C-bun we carry is the soft armor c-bun for the APC, but I'll help you as best I can.

SOS

knoxtnshooter
09-26-11, 22:22
http://soldiersystems.net/tag/mayflower-research-and-consulting-llc/

The May 21st entry is the one for the adapter kit.

skd_tactical
09-27-11, 08:19
To be honest, other than pics, I don't know much about the KDH plate carrier. I'm sure I'll get issued it, but it'll just go in my locker never to see the light of day. I'm going to bounce this off the rest of the guys here and see what options we can come up with for you.

SOS

knoxtnshooter
09-27-11, 11:25
I'd appreciate that. I dont think that my leadership will allow me to wear a personal PC. Not sure I can afford one anyway.

Thanks for all the help.

knoxtnshooter
10-04-11, 08:38
To be honest, other than pics, I don't know much about the KDH plate carrier. I'm sure I'll get issued it, but it'll just go in my locker never to see the light of day. I'm going to bounce this off the rest of the guys here and see what options we can come up with for you.

SOS

Any insight on this? Hate to bump my own thread, but if I order one of these, it needs to be pretty soon. Thanks.

Stephen