PDA

View Full Version : New Colt 6920.....need recs

Guinnessman
09-26-11, 20:13
Today I just picked up a brand new Colt SP6920 and I am really excited about this rifle. It is my first "Serious" AR-15 and I am in the process of adding the last features to the rifle.

It came from the factory with a Rogers Super-Stoc and I added a Daniel Defense 7 inch Omega Rail.

For optics I am looking at either an Aimpoint M2/ML2, H-1/T-1, or Comp M4. I am just unsure of what optic will be perfect for this gun. It will be used for HD and Carbine Classes in the future.

I would also like a good Sling recommendation that would also work well with the Rogers stock and a compatable Sling attachment.

Thanks in advance for the information. This is my first post here.

SteadyUp
09-26-11, 20:55
Welcome to M4C. You picked up an excellent carbine that will serve you well.

There is a wealth of information on this site; take the time to search the various sections and do some research on optic and sling choices. You are headed in the right direction looking at Aimpoints. The Aimpoint PRO and C3, or the Micro series would be excellent choices.

As far as slings go, there are a couple good threads here regarding that topic. Just use the orange search button near the top of the page. Some popular brands here are Blue Force Gear and Viking Tactics, amongst others.

You also need to consider putting a white light on your carbine, as no serious self/home defense gun should be without it. Again, there are lots of good threads covering that subject too.

But MOST IMPORTANTLY, get professional training! It truly is worth while.

Traveshamockery
09-26-11, 21:00
The Aimpoint Micro (H1 or T1) is a good first optic. I'd lean towards the H1 because the T1 just adds features a beginner doesn't need, like night vision compatibility. It's the lightest of the optics you mentioned.

Iraqgunz
09-26-11, 21:03
The H-1/T-1 would be a great choice if you want to save weight and have a functional RDS.

totenkopf_u64
09-26-11, 21:04
For optics, you should really make the trip to a decent sporting goods store and try and get a few of them in hand. I found it worth a two hour road trip to get a few different scopes in hand... those are a little different than Aimpoints though. Otherwise, as was suggested, A Micro or PRO are good choices.

What kind of sling are you after? I'm not familiar with many slings, but the Emdom Gunfighter is worth a look if you like the 1/2 point slings.

rathos
09-26-11, 23:47
I did a gear sector 2 point sling and an Aimpoint H-1 in a QD co-witness mount. The H-1 is ok, but I wish I would have went with the Pro or similar size optic. When co-witnessing I like the bigger optic.

For a sling nothing is better then the gear sector stuff. It was extremely inexpensive for how well it is made and functions. There are also a lot of different attachment options.

duece71
09-27-11, 06:06
Aimpoint for the RDS, Viking Tactical or BFG Vickers for the sling. I have all of them and they have never let me down. Congrats on a quality purchase.

Guinnessman
09-27-11, 07:56
Thanks for the info guys. I am definately going with an Aimpoint. You simply cannot beat their durability and battery life. I am going to go to the local dealer and look at some Aimpoints today. Currently, he has a Comp ML2, M3, M4, and Micro in stock. He said if I wanted he could get me a deal on the P.R.O. as well.

I am going to be researching a good buis today as well. The optics section of this site has great information.

Thanks again for the info.

justin_247
09-27-11, 08:39
Get an Aimpoint PRO for an optic. According to Grant, it's an M3 with an included mount - a GREAT deal at $400. This thread may help you out.
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=72132