PDA

View Full Version : Best stand alone night sight in terms of cost/benefit?

theoak
09-26-11, 21:09
I would love to have an AN/PVS-22, but I can't afford the $10,000 price tag.

What it the best stand alone night sight in terms of cost to benefit ratio? (I decided I could live with a stand alone night sight instead of the AN/PVS-22, as long as it has at least a 2.5x magnification).

Would something like the Gen 2 ATN Night Arrow 6-2 for $1,649 suffice, or should I spend $3,000+ on a Gen 3 system? Should I even consider a Gen 1 system?

(Note: It would be used for coyote hunting 90% of the time, SHTF the other 10%).

Victor
09-26-11, 21:19
I would love to have an AN/PVS-22, but I can't afford the $10,000 price tag.

What it the best stand alone night sight in terms of cost to benefit ratio? (I decided I could live with a stand alone night sight instead of the AN/PVS-22, as long as it has at least a 2.5x magnification).

Would something like the Gen 2 ATN Night Arrow 6-2 for $1,649 suffice, or should I spend $3,000+ on a Gen 3 system? Should I even consider a Gen 1 system?

(Note: It would be used for coyote hunting 90% of the time, SHTF the other 10%).

We always tell all to save for a Gen 3 system, you will never be disappointed.

With that said, I feel the best bang for the buck is the 2.5x M845 system. VERY close to Gen 3 resolution but lacks overall Gen 3 brightness. Either way, this is a great scope for folks on limited budgets. http://www.tnvc.com/shop/m845-mk-4-2-5x-gen2-shp-red-dot-sight/