PDA

View Full Version : SOLD: LMT MRP Rifle-length Upper, 14.5" CL barrel w/ Vortex

esskay
09-27-11, 12:57
LMT MRP Upper with Rifle-length handguard, 14.5" chrome-lined barrel with permanently attached Vortex flash hider

http://www.lewismachine.net/product.php?p=56&cid=8&session=d2ce0eb26ec9dc76900e79f050c272c6

Designed and manufactured by Lewis Machine & Tool Company, the patent-pending Monolithic Rail Platform, or MRP, is the most radical variation of an integrated rail system ever conceived. This one-piece receiver/free-floating* handguard/rail system is precision machined from a solid aluminum forging for absolute strength and consistency. The MRP completely replaces the upper receiver and provides an unprecedented level of versatility to the operator.

Benefits:
* Free-floating barrel
* No loss of zero from rough handling
* Reduced temperature to handguard & optics
* Increased barrel life
* Easy-to-access/clean design
* Straight gas tube resists bending and retains better alignment with gas key
* Reduced number of parts (13)
* Quad Mil-Std 1913 rails
* Top rail position matches M4 & E3-type weapons ensuring optics and sight compatibility
* Accepts standard & enhanced M16-type (Stoner design) components

Barrel is 5.56mm, 1/7 twist, chrome lined, with Vortex flash hider that was permanently attached by ar15barrels. Approximately 1,500 rounds on it. Upper receiver has about 8,000 rounds on it total. Includes a charging handle (essentially brand new, I was running a Gasbuster which I moved to another upper), but no BCG or torque wrench/bit. Note this is the version without built in QD sockets. Note the photo showing the inside of the upper (note there's a coat of CLP in there), there is also some wear on the edges of a couple rails and underneath the bolt release paddle. I love this upper, it ran great for me, but I switched to a KAC so it has to go!

This is an awesome system. With just two cross bolts you can easily remove and replace the barrel. This is a great way to run a 14.5" barrel with permanently attached muzzle device, as it has no impact on the repair/maintenance of your weapon system... the barrel slides right out the front. With a typical 14.5" upper, once you permanently attach a muzzle device it restricts your ability to service the barrel/etc. With the monolithic upper, you can place optics/anything anywhere you want!

SOLD

esskay
09-28-11, 17:27
btt thanks

esskay
10-05-11, 01:44
btt, thanks

esskay
12-04-11, 10:45
price lowered, btt

esskay
12-31-11, 19:49