PDA

View Full Version : Looking to build my first AR

ruchik
09-27-11, 14:47
So I've decided to build my first AR. I'm looking at either a PWS or LMT lower to start with. I've read many positive aspects about both products; however, apart from fit and finish, I have no idea what sets them apart from others. Are there some hidden doodads/features built into the receivers that makes them better investments? Do you guys prefer one over the other?

I also need a clarification on uppers. Any AR lower can use a piston upper, correct? For example, a PWS piston upper on an LMT lower? I ask because I am still as yet undecided on what operating system I'd like. And before anyone asks the inevitable "Why piston?" it's because I want one. Pure and simple. If anyone says they never bought anything purely based on want instead of need, that's a damn lie:laugh:

BCmJUnKie
09-27-11, 15:15
The second part of your question is correct, you can use the lower.

There is a shit TON of threads EXACTLY like this one on this site.

Not trying to discredit your thread...but there was somewhere around 5 last week alone.

Do some reading. Make a decision.

All of the sponsors at the top of this page are a good start.

READ the stickies

40Arpent
09-27-11, 15:16
Read this thread (from the Knowledge "database"), and read every link in post #83.

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=3074

Iraqgunz
09-27-11, 16:58
Please take some time to look around and read. We have had hundreds of such threads.